Fanspeak On the Clock 2022 mock draft!

If a QB grades out as #1, they need to take him if they end up that bad again. No question.

2 Likes

Yeah, interesting year. Looking forward to seeing this year’s picks in the NFL and seeing how/if next year’s class shakes out.

1 Like

Thibodeaux and Willis are my Fields and Toney pairing this year. That is the dream.

Willis is totally a unicorn. He runs like Lamar, but has an absolute howitzer that he throws with. We need him.

Going off the Jalen Hurts comp earlier in this thread and the one I’ve seen on PFF, I say that I see it, except Willis is literally better at everything that makes Jalen Hurts who he is.

grinning the grinch GIF

2 Likes

I want one of Thibedeaux, Hamilton or Stingley with that top five pick we got from the Rams. I’m still undecided who I want to take with pick 32.

4 Likes

download (15)

grinning the grinch GIF

People are down on Slovis because he’s not a dual threat QB but the kid is accurate and smart. Two characteristics you covet in a QB.

This year will tell us a lot about Slovis and the rest of the QB group but I wouldn’t be too quick to write Slovis off. He has NFL starter potential.

He worked with Kurt Warner and Kurt had a lot of good things to say about the kid. Could it be Slovis is under appreciated like Warner was?

His arm talent is pretty meh for a guy with so little athleticism. Goff like athlete with less arm talent. I don’t see what he does for us even if he doesn’t bust.

I’m not 100% with this guy, but he has a lot of the same issues with Slovis I do.

I see Cody Kessler redux

I’m not a fan of Kelly either. He said Lawrence was overrated and Wilson was a bust and shouldn’t go before the 3rd round. Here’s a quote of him on Wilson.

Daniel Kelly’s Draft Board: 3rd round — and I would not select him if I was a GM. He would not even be on my draft board. It would be foolish to take him in the first round. He will get everybody fired. Best chance to succeed is in an offense filled with trick plays.

He also said the Lions should not extend Taylor Decker.

Personally due to Covid I think the jury is still out on every QB prospect right now. We just haven’t seen enough to form a solid opinion. Most of these QB’s haven’t had much playing time. After this year things will be much clearer on this years QB group. I expect several QB’s to make big leaps. Slovis could be one of them or he could not. Time will tell.

J.T. Daniels is a guy I always forget about. He’s got the talent to go 1OA in a down QB draft (IMO) if Georgia has a magical season.

I’m on board with taking a stab at an early day 3 QB (or even the KG pick) if one of the following is on the board:

Matt Corral (strong preference)
Jayden Daniels
Desmond Ridder

I’d be interested in the following mid to late day 3.

Jurkovic
Emory Jones
Penix (kind of see some Brunnel in him)

The class is lacking at the top IMO but the lottery ticket types are fairly promising IMO and we have the picks to take a stab at it.

Goff doesn’t need a journey man backup IMO. We might as well go upside there.

R1 P1 EDGE Kayvon Thibodeaux - Oregon

R1 P25 LB Christian Harris - Alabama

R2 P1 C Tyler Linderbaum - Iowa

R3 P1 CB Ahmad Gardner - Cincinnati

R5 P1 WR Romeo Doubs - Nevada

R5 P34 TE Chase Allen - Iowa State

R6 P1 S Josh Proctor - Ohio State

1 Like

I’d take Thib either way. I don’t see Rattler or Howell as a generational type. More of a Goff or Mayfield type pick vs a Luck, Manning or Lawrence.

If we are picking #1 it’s not because of a 26 year old 2 time QB, it’s because our D is dead last or close, our WRs stink and our RBs don’t take a step

I don’t see it though. I predict we go 7-10 or 8-9

Give us a game wrecking DE, a stud ball hawking safety and a legit WR in the first 38 picks of the draft, then sign me a stud LB in UFA

1 Like

Of those Penix is probably my favorite because I actually think he’ll be available on day 3 due to the injuries.

I don’t think Corral or Jones will last that long but if they do I think it means they had a bad year and they’ll go back to school.

Ridder has the skill set to go in the 1st round too, but also the inconsistency to drop to day 3. My hunch is he goes day 2 at the latest.

Not a huge Jurkovic fan and I admittedly haven’t watched enough of Jayden Daniels.

Yeah, I think Corral is likely to be a top 50 pick. Perhaps much higher if the Ole Miss offense is as prolific as I think I can be.

Daniels is my second favorite out of that group after Corral. After his freshman year I thought he’d be in the first round mix once eligible. But ASU’s season could go either way given that they have a talented roster and yet have to deal with perhaps more off the field drama of any program. If it goes south he’d be an ideal buy low candidate.

Max Duggan would intrigue me a bit as well but I don’t really see him declaring. Accuracy may be an issue but he’s a better version of Sam Ehlinger which could be a useful backup option.

Any particular reason? To me he’s like Matt Corral light but with more size. His arm isn’t as whippy but he’s got similar athleticism in a much bigger frame and I think it’s an average NFL arm. He seems to be getting Big Ben comps but I think that’s a stretch.

Sounds about right Lyon. I’d only conjecture on QBs under the scenario where we’re picking #1, where clearly Goff couldn’t/didn’t make the team competitive.

Even so, I’d likely lean toward taking the Myles Garrett/Chase Young type edge rusher who could change the equation against Rodgers/Mahomes/Brady/Murray. That guy would be Thibodeaux.

Then secondary help and WR, depending on how the board fell.

Disclaimer/Wildcard: If someone like Malik Willis or Carson Strong put together a jackpot season, and became the runaway blue chip QB1 of 2022, AND the Lions were sitting at #1OA, you’d have to consider it. Willis would have to resemble Lamar Jackson or Strong look like an emerging Josh Allen. But that would be a tough choice with Thibodeuax there as well as an decent veteran QB in Goff.