Fanspeak On the Clock 2022 mock draft!

We need a Penix on this team to go with Penei and Penisini!

3 Likes

And then hire Ed Orgyron when he gets fired

It’s Ed Oregano.

Or Oragami, not sure.

He’s one of a long list of people I won’t make fun of to their faces. It’s a really long list so I get them all confused.

1 Like

Ed Ogre-on?

2 Likes

I tried to explain to my wife that Ed O was so Cajun that he sounds like a movie character that’s completely exaggerating what Cajuns sound like. Ed is from SOUTH of New Orleans in deep bayou country.

She saw an interview with him and the look on her face was priceless. I said “told ya.”

For one thing I think if he doesn’t change the way he plays, he’s gonna die. Far too reckless, reminds me of Wentz that way.

Otherwise he does have a lot of intriguing physical tools, but his mechanics are wonky af and he’s a bit of a checkdown Charlie. And sometimes he’s accurate, other times he misses wildly. Granted he could improve these areas greatly and I’ve really only watched a couple of games, so when I said I’m not a huge fan, I should have added the qualifier ‘yet’.

I see the accuracy and playing style issues. I think he’s a pretty good downfield thrower of the football. Perhaps he could take more chances. I’d have to watch him more to form a better opinion on that. I like that Wentz comp. not saying he’s that level of prospect of course but I do think it’s a better than the Big Ben one.

grinch smile GIF

Latest Fanspeak big board. I’m just not feeling any of the QBs at the top of the draft at this point.

I hope Thibodeaux lives up to the hype if he comes here.

5: R1 P5 EDGE Kayvon Thibodeaux - Oregon

28: R1 P28 CB Sevyn Banks - Ohio State

37: R2 P5 WR Jahan Dotson - Penn State

69: R3 P5 S Daxton Hill - Michigan

I seriously doubt Dax Hill lasts until the 3rd round

No no no no no…

1 Like

I think you could swap out Daxton Hill for Banks for a more realistic draft. But I like where your head is at!

The rea question is: if Thibs isn’t there what do we do? I don’t think its an easier answer. But there is plenty of time for Thibs to regress or for others to really make their mark.

That draft looks like it was done by some Borat looking dude sitting in a hut in Slovenia who got paid a nickel from PFF…wakka wakka wakka

Hill has a good shot at going in the back of round 1. He’s playing well and he’s going to run in the high 4.3s.

That I can see for sure. He plays in the pocket like he’s Big Ben but he’s A LOT smaller and yeah he definitely needs to learn to give himself up.

I just think that given the injury he’s going in round 5 or so but has day 2 QB tools.

Btw, Pickett’s hand size is 8 1/4. Eesh. Explains the gloves I guess. Really like his game otherwise though. Kind of a supersized Jeff Garcia so he’s not going to work in every offense but he’s a playmaker.

R1 P5 S Kyle Hamilton - Notre Dame

28: R1 P28 WR Treylon Burks - Arkansas

37: R2 P5 EDGE Adam Anderson - Georgia

69: R3 P5 CB Roger McCreary - Auburn

176: R5 P34 LB Brian Asamoah II - Oklahoma

2 Likes

That would be an awesome draft. I don’t know that Burks, Anderson or McCreary will be available that late though. Anderson kind of depends on what he weighs in at. If it’s 245 or so then I think he can go to0 20.

1 Like

Some(myself included)see Goff as not the guy that got them(Rams)that record, but the guy that coasted on the success of the other strengths of his team. Did he contribute? Absolutely. He does have his strengths. He’s not a total bum. Play action, short pass game, etc… but his weaknesses are glaring. He can’t carry a team.
I’ve been of the mindset that the Lions needed to draft a quarterback with the first pick possible. Do it. Use it. Get that QB of the future. Now! I guess I’ve softened my stance. Not much, but some. I’ve heard that the 2022 QB class isn’t ‘premium’. Now I’m thinking maybe concentrate on defense. Get a wide receiver or two. I kind of hate to say it, but retain Goff for next year. If additional ‘weapons’ improve his game, so be it. I still don’t see Goff as the QB of the future, but the worse he can do is position the Lions for a good 2023 draft where, to my understanding, the QB class is stronger. So, what do they do? Draft QB early in 2022 or gamble and wait until next year?