Favorite horror/sci-fi movies!

Get Out is fantastic

3 Likes

Nice! I have seen ex-machina that is a great movie!

Haven’t seen a lot of the others but will check them out, thank you!

I’ve seen house of 1000 corpses and the devils rejects… very scary, gory, and suspenseful. Not my personal favorites but they are good.

1 Like

The Shining and anything most anything by Hitchcock of course

4 Likes

Fire in the sky is amazing… and feel free to list any other films you like, forget the title of the thread. Always love hearing about good stuff to watch! Horror and sci fi are my usual go to genres but always open to anything. A lot of the Alfred Hitchcock movies, orson Welles films (though I have to rewatch them it’s been a long time), honestly anything at all!

2 Likes

Man. I really didn’t like this. Saw in at theater and thought “meh”. Needs a revisit to be fair.

2 Likes

Get Out? Huh. It’s definitely not a traditional horror film being that’s it’s more of an allegory on race and racial relations than anything else.

3 Likes

Beat me to it but yes love the old Hitchcock movies… birds, rear window, north by northwest, psycho… any personal favorites you have?

1 Like

"Get Out " seemed like Quentin Tarantino and Stephen King had a baby.

3 Likes

If we’re doing foreign films the Japanese film The Audition is all sorts of F’d up.

A little bit like Misery (which is great as well) but it that over the top depravity you often find in Japanese horror/thriller films

3 Likes

I liked it, although I feel like Us was creepier… but both were good and like you said not traditional horror. Nope I thought was just ok as far as the Jordan peele movies go

2 Likes

IMO Get Out is a film. Us and Nope are movies. If that makes sense.

2 Likes

In terms of those nothing really happens and yet the whole thing still feels taut, I though The Others was quite well done.

1 Like

That does, I hear ya

I’m so glad I posted this, I am loving everything you are all posting. Thank you all of you this is amazing, keep ‘em coming!

1 Like

A Clockwork Orange is a classic. Makes me want to listen to Beethoven’s 9th.

3 Likes

The Howling messed us up as teenagers 43 years ago. We watched it, than went camping deep in the woods :laughing:

Pet Cemetery was another for me.

3 Likes

Love the Paranormal Activity and Sinister series. Hell House LLC (and the old Hell House movie)

Love the old Hammer movies with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. All the old Vincent Price movies are money

The original Exorcist still creeps me out. The last time I watched it I was living alone in a 100 year old haunted house. Mistake

The Haunting of Hill House (the new Netflix and the classic Vincent Price) are great. I dug Midnight Mass

2 Likes

You ever read the Novella? It’s off the charts good. You’ll read it in lke half a day. Total page turner.

2 Likes

I have not. I’ve looked at it at the used book store before when I’m there with the wife. I read mostly technical junk that will bore you to tears.

2 Likes

That whole portmanteau of Cockney and Russian is cool and quirky in the film but in print it’s brilliance really shines through IMO.

3 Likes

I hang out with my droogs at the Den. Me and @BigNatty like to make jokes about the old in-out.

2 Likes