Favorite Mock So Far

If you like D, you’ll love this.

6 Likes

I like the Gonzalez pick, the other 2 are big reaches there will be better players.

3 Likes

Pick 6 would be tough missing out on that trade down with Carolina, hope that’s the deal we can pull off.

Tyree or Myles over Bresee IMO

Pick 18 I prefer Witherspoon over Gonzalez but CB good value.

im telling you this could be a sweet spot for teams trading up for WR*

Battle & Sewell round 2 those are two of my guys for sure

3 Likes

Not sure i would love it, but it is better than many.

2 Likes

As long as we got help for the OL in the 3rd, I would be very OK with it.

2 Likes

I am a fan of going defense, but am not as big a fan on this particular scenario because of Bresee.

The one player I do not want the Lions to take with that pick is Bresee. I’m not a huge fan of Murphy or Wilson either, tbh.

I don’t see Devon Witherspoon showing up in the top 10 in a lot of mocks yet, but I suspect that will change over the coming months. The dude allowed 1 catch in press coverage this year for 2 yards. As of this moment, I think he’d be my target with that #6 pick. As always, if they could make a small trade down, pick up some extra picks and still land him that’d be ideal. The Lions might suitable trade partners for the Jets, Commanders, Saints, Panthers or Falcons if they want to jump the Raiders for a QB at 6.

At #18 I like Brian Branch, Christian Gonzalez, Joey Porter Jr., Bijan Robinson, Skoronski, or maybe Mazi Smith.

Landing Witherspoon and Branch/Gonzalez/Porter Jr. would be a huge win for the Lions’ secondary. I love the idea of Branch and Kerby back there at S with Walker coming back from injury. Especially since Branch played a ton at nickel. He’d essentially replace Will Harris in several ways, I imagine.

Lots of good options, I just hope Bresee isn’t a Lion. I see injuries, lack of production, and wraps/braces on every limb. I just am not seeing it (yet…maybe I’ll figure it out if I keep watching his film that’s available on YouTube).

But yeah, as far as the rest of that mock goes - Love the Battle and Sewell picks! Solid for sure.

But yeah, for me right now in order of preference…

#6) CB - Devon Witherspoon (Preferably with a small trade down)
#18) S/CB - Branch / Gonzalez / Robinson / Porter Jr. / Skoronski (Preference in that order)
#48) DT - Gervon Dexter Sr.
#55) LB - Noah Sewell (Don’t think he’ll be available here, but hell yeah…that’d be great)

Help at every level of the defense. AG would be smiling for sure.

5 Likes

I just don’t feel too good about Breese at 6. I also understand safety may be a position of need, but I hope we fill it by re-signing Elliot or someone else in FA. We took a safety in the 3rd in the past two drafts and re-signed Walker. Much rather grab another position there, although I do think Battle is going to be a solid player.

1 Like

I would vomit if Bresee was the pick at #6. Draft Branch at #6 and pick a DL in place of Battle for this mock.

6 Likes

In that draft I think I take Cody Muach or Gavon Dexter with that Battle pick and Take Branch at 6

1a Branch
1b Witherspoon
2a Dexter or Cody Mauch
2b Sewell

In you want all Defense

3 Likes

Bresee = Okudah

In this scenario:

6 DE Myles or Tyree (I’d take Carolina’s late 2 from SF + 2024 4th)
pk18 CB Witherspoon (hope for small trade down for team that wants WR)

#48 SS Battle or Mazi Smith? especially Forbes & Washington are gone
#55 MLB Sewell or Tillman? if we lose DJ Chark and don’t replace him adequately.

pk 81 DT Kancey He’s got Grady Jarrett/ Andrew Billings written all over him

2 Likes

As a “no trade”, “take what you get” scenario" I could live with it. It’s not what I would do, but neither is all these mocks that have us taking a QB. I think all of us are hoping that someone pony’s up and makes us an offer at #6. Moving down and still getting what we want + more beans, yep, I’m in, Still interested in a decent explanation for what happened to Sewell this year.

2 Likes

Last mock I did on PFN had LV offering the 7th and next years first, if that was real, I’m in. I just don’t see it happening.

3 Likes

They seem to be pretty liberal with their offers.

2 Likes

Im not so sure on Bresee. His 21 tape looks a lot better. In 22 his 15 yr old sister died, he was injured also.

He’s bigger than Carter, clearly at this point the no. 2 DT, and athletic. He fits a huge need, and has a ton of upside.

Will be interesting to see what Holmes does.

The rest, i like Gonzalez, he or Witherspoon would be nice. Battle im good with, but im not a fan of a 2 down lber in the 2nd. Id definitely prefer a OG.

However, one thing Holmes has consistently done is take the BPA on their board. So while most are trying to fill needs, im not convinced by any stretch that those needs will necessarily be filled in the draft.

Clearly some will match up with BPA, but not all. For example, if Bijan is there is he the BPA on the board at 18? Id think so. If Torrence magically fell to 48 would he be BPA over Battle?

Seems like every yr they take a couple picks no one would think because they were bpa on their board or don’t make a pick most were shocked that fell to us, and we go another direction.

Should be a fun entertaining draft

3 Likes

So no trades, and I would be stunned if Carter is there. Not great but I don’t know many of the CFP players.

1st rd 6.
Jalen Carter
DT Georgia

1st 18.
Christian Gonzalez
CB Oregon

2nd 48.
Sedrick Van Pran
OC Georgia

2nd 55.
Brandon Joseph
S Notre Dame

3rd 81.
Mazi Smith
DT Michigan

5th rd 150.
Roschon Johnson
RB Texas

6th rd 170.
Sam LaPorta
TE Iowa

6th rd 181
Jake Haener
QB Fresno State

4 Likes

The Mock Machine at PFF is very kind this morning

10 Likes

Round 5 a great spot for RB

1a DL
1b DB
2a DB
2b LB, DT, WR, OG
3 LB , DT, WR, OG
5 RB
6a DT/ OL / LB/ DB
6b DT/ OL / LB/ DB

2 Likes

Far too liberal, PFN is basically just for fun. Plus their rankings are all out of whack. Mock database and now that they’re updated, PFF, are much more realistic for now.

4 Likes

The Office Television GIF by hero0fwar

1 Like

Here’s my thing about Breese. He really flashes on the 2020 tape. Then the injuries and tragedies really got in the way. A team that’s betting on the 18 year old version being in there will take him high.