Favorite "Never Was" Lions Player

Also excellent answer… I remember being upset we drafted Harrington because I liked McMahon and wanted him to get another go… the team needed a lot of things at that time and he wasn’t the biggest problem. Alas…

I was a Ryan Broyles guy. There was a lot of animosity over that pick. Definitely there were separate camps when it came to him being a Lion and his future. I resented some posers for awhile over the amount of disparagement they used to emphasize their POV. Im well over it now .

1 Like

I vote for Best too.

…unless you count Barry or Suh leaving

I always felt like Ryan broyles never got used right, or his coaches never maximized what he could do… totally my opinion and uneducated, but he seemed like he could be a good slot/move the chains guy, just never put it together.

What really screwed us in those years was Titus young… and I don’t mean that in a hateful way at all, the dude has a lot of issues and I hope he is doing ok as a human… but he was so good when he was on… he changed that offense. Not saying we win the Super Bowl with him but he was our golden Tate before we went and got golden Tate

3 Likes

I’m going to say Titus Young. He was a great player with so much potential that was simply wasted due to the fact that he was a headcase. He was Antonio Brown without the resume.

2 Likes

Threw a TD on his first pass.

They ruined his arm in training camp.

1 Like

Me too

1 Like

Randy Moss, err I mean Terry Fair

4 Likes

Good call

Ricardo Silva was a baller

Aaron Berry was a knuckle head

Boss Bailey
Name screamed great plsyer

1 Like

IAF because his name and position was the Biggest Crossword Hint Ever.

Ikaika Alama- Francis Left Defensive End.

FAILED

1 Like

Germaine Crowell WR big guy had a good year maybe 2.

1 Like

Zack Follet and Jahvid Best, two of my favorite Cal Bears/Detroit Lions unfortunately brought down by injury.

2 Likes

50" vertical!!

1 Like

LOL, I don’t know if you are kidding, but that sounds so on brand for the Lions.

Titus has bipolar disorder; multiple traumatic brain injuries greatly increases the likelihood of a person developing it. The guy had several concussions.

This one was a heartbreaker back in the day. He had like 1,300 yards his second year ('99), and then the injuries got him. I was so excited to see him paired up with Moore and Morton, but Moore became pretty much done the same year ('99).

Charles Rogers was another one, especially being a hometown guy.

1 Like

Lydon Murtha. I recall many thinking we’d found some diamond in the rough with him. Next big… errr tall… thing at tackle.

Also loved jahvid, but alas, the turf toe. And the concussions.

1 Like

That’s funny. I don’t remember thinking a whole lot of him, however I was very upset that we tried to send him to the Practice Squad so that we could keep a couple other absolute scrubs, 1 or 2 of which were off the team in the next couple of weeks. Miami scooped him up and he actually ended up playing that year.