Feel bad for stafford

What’s happening with the rams, looking to ship Arob and Floyd and Ramsey, is this a rebuild? No way this can be a rebuild with Stafford, Kupp, Donald still on the team… If it is then I hope they trade Stafford… I wish he goes to Jets or Miami…

Lol he had his whole career be seasons like this with us. The difference is now he will have a ring and a shot at the HoF. I am pretty sure he is happier this way.

4 Likes

It is definitely an odd situation. Everyone thought it made sense to blow it up if McVay walked away. Then he came back and the assumption was they would try to run it back. With all these rumored trades/cuts, you have to think they are trying to shed bad contracts for the future. What does that mean for guys like Kupp, Stafford, and Donald?

I guess none of this is relevant since the cap doesn’t matter…

Tank for Caleb? :joy:

These next few couple months will be interesting. They need to get Stafford a O-line. I feel like something wild is about to happen. Les Snead always making moves

1 Like

What the Rams are doing makes zero sense to me. They should’ve (imo), attempted to win one more season. All these players they are potentially dumping save virtually nothing against the cap. A few restructures to a couple of keepers would’ve gotten them under the cap.

The only thing that makes sense to me is Stafford is done (which someone brought to my attention last week).

It’s a puzzling situation for sure. One that just doesn’t make sense to me as of right now.

3 Likes

You think he’s done? Idk… I feel like package Ramsey and Stafford to the Jets… I want to see him with Wilson and Elijah Moore and breece… damn that’ll be explosive.

1 Like

And eat 76m in dead money? I just don’t see it…

I don’t think he’s done, but it’s the only explanation I can think of that makes sense. Maybe he told the Rams he’s hanging em up. And they don’t want it out because it could hurt returns in a trade.

He won a Superbowl, has millions upon millions of that green stuff constantly flowing in, has a beautiful family and I’m sure a beautiful home in some lavish L.A. suburban community. I think Matt is doing A Ok.

4 Likes

I think Kelly already said he’s playing this year. I think he should retire, given his family situation. It makes zero sense. What more does he have to prove? Brady has goat locked up. Stafford will always be a Marino (with a Super Bowl) type name. Not a bad way to go out.

That said, Snead, for all the armchair GMs here who doubt him, always tends to have a plan. I wonder if they’re clearing space to make moves on the offensive line and to give him a running back. Let the Rams shoot it out with whoever they play.

Of course, could also be the case that Matt is done and it’s a true dumpster fire.

But I don’t understand feeling bad for the guy. He’s in paradise with a Super Bowl ring. I think he’s fine.

5 Likes

Yeah of course he’ll be fine, was hoping after he got traded from Detroit he will be with a team that’s set up for at least 4-5 years and watching him in the playoffs year in year out, would have been fun watching him sling it in the big games finally

1 Like

Did you see that O-line last year!? Stafford should retire unless they add several quality players to that line.

4 Likes

I mean the only one they lost from 2021 was Whitworth. They had so many injuries last year to that unit it was ridiculous.

It’s just shocking to see a team blow it a year after handing Stafford a massive extension. For me that indicated “going for it” for a couple more years.

1 Like

For sure, I agree. Pretty surprising to cut your stud middle linebacker and then your best edge rusher. Meanwhile Ramsey is on the trading block. I wonder how Aaron Donald feels about all of that. Donald is about to get triple teamed every play. He’s not getting any younger either though. Maybe they are just blowing it all up now. You wouldn’t think McVay would come back for that though.

1 Like

That’s exactly my thoughts. If you are shopping players Aaron Donald should be first on the block. If you are rebuilding that’s the guy that can put a rebuild on the fast track. He would command multiple premium picks I would think.

2 Likes

Yep, for sure. I’d take him on the Lions!

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

1 Like

I love Matt, but, he got what he asked for, and a Ring.

1 Like
  1. Asking about Matthew Stafford, I was told “The guy could barely throw last year. Retirement is still not out of the question.”

Matthew Berry

1 Like

I thought they lost another O-lineman to Free Agency?

You are right they did lose RG Austin Corbett

1 Like