Fields dazzles through the air after exciting 40-yard dash at Ohio State's Pro Day

Where did I say we wouldn’t or anything close to it?

I never even mentioned him to the Lions in this thread.

Personally I highly doubt we draft a QB at 7OA.

We’d be crazy not to, IMO, if Justin Fields falls to us.

1 Like

Not in this thread but in the past you have said you don’t want the Lions to draft him

If we drafted Fields at 7 I’m cool with it.

Your once again miss quoting me.

Context is very important thats why you should only talk about what’s been said in this thread.

For the record … I think the Lions have a decent QB in Goff and should give him every opportunity to be the starter. I personally wouldn’t draft a QB at 7OA unless Wilson or Lawrence fell to me. I honestly think we should grab a WR or Parsons if we stay at 7OA. But I’m all for a trade down.

I like Mac Jones and think the board under values him. I think he has a higher floor than Lance and Fields but a lower ceiling.

I like Justin Fields and think the board over hypes him. I think he’s more boom or bust than Jones but has a bigger upside.

I like Lance almost as much as Fields. I think he’s also a boom or bust guy with a ton of upside.

I’m not opposed to taking one of the top 5 QB’s but in all honesty I’d rather not. Mainly because I’m of the mindset that you always try to win now and Goff isn’t a bad QB. I think the team can be competitive this year with Goff.

I’m not a Michigan fan who hates OSU like you claim.
I have no problem with drafting OSU players like you claim.
I do not hate Okudah like you claimed.
I do not hate Fields like you claimed.

Hopefully that clears things up on where I stand.

Jan 23

I do not want Fields. I have no faith in big ten QB’s and feel that Fields will go the same route Haskins did.

Personally I’d pass on a QB in 2021 and go QB in 2022. Next years QB class has several QB’s that are better options than anyone not named Lawrence in 2021.

Slough, Howell, Rattler and Slovis are all better options if you ask me.

I’d let all our free agents go via FA. Even Golladay … I’d clear out the dead weight on the roster. Then trade down from 7OA and stock pike picks. I wouldn’t chase anyone in FA. Stock pile comp picks by letting FA’s go.

Let Chase Daniels or Blough start in 2021. Basically tank for the 2022 class. I’m sure we’d be a top 2 pick if not the 1OA and get the best QB in next years class.

You get a year to fix your OL, DL and get younger at WR before bringing on a new QB.

Unless there is someone else named Air2theThrown

Contest matters you can’t seem to grasp that.

The question was who you liked out of 3 QB’s? I posted I like Fields the least.

I’ve repeated said for the last year that I like Fields. In a lot of threads. Ive also said I think you all over hype him and that I liked Wilson and Lawrence better.

Currently right now I like Fields a slightly more than Lance.

For some reason your on a vendetta to try to paint how a feel in negative light just like you did with Okudah. Even though I repeatedly said that I liked Okudah just not at 3OA.

That’s all perfectly reasonable.
I know this because I agree with it and am, you know, the voice of reason.

My stance has never changed on the kid. Although I’ve flip flopped him and Lance a few times. Other than that I’ve been pretty steady.

Context or not I said that you did say you didn’t want to draft him and you denied that. You don’t want any QB this year and that its fine my friend. Don’t take this too personal

FWIW- I wasn’t advocating for Oklahoma as QB U- I was stating that sadly as close as it gets… likely one will flop (likely Hurts), Murray will turner a corner or not, and Baker I predict will have a Eli esque career where he can get hot, and maybe win 1-2 with a run game and D

Other than that we might have Cal? Ironic since it was Cal and Tedford that was first accused of breaking QBs for NFL. Then Came A Rodg… then Goff.

Maybe fields will be the Rodgers breaking the OSU stream like Rodgers did for Tedford

I think “Fields never had to read anything ever 100% of the time and that is a fact” is one of the strangest bold positions I have seen in a while.

That’s not what I was saying and you know it.

Context matters because what I actually said was. I didn’t want to take him at 7OA and I didn’t want him over Wilson and Lance (at the time).

That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t draft him at all or that I dislike the guy. Or hate OSU players like you want to claim.

At the time people were touting him as the 2nd and 1st best QB in the draft. I was in rebuttal to that train of thought. Context matters a great deal.

I’m not sure why you feel the need to have a dishonest conversation. I’ve been saying the exact same thing for a year now.

Instead of telling me “You misquoted me again” perhaps you should have just explained the context in which you were saying “I don’t want Fields”…but you straight denied that Air and you did so trying to make me look bad. But I get it…you can’t possibly be wrong so you are going to spin this into “context” instead of calling it what it is. Peace out my brotha!

I’ve done this many times. You won’t accept it… lol You keep trying to put your own narrative on it, keep making statements I’ve never made and assumptions off the narrative you want to spin.

Like I hate Fields. - Even though I’ve repeatedly said I don’t.

You did the same thing with Okudah.

Peace

Now you definitely got the wrong guy on the Okudah…I NEVER DISCUSSED Okudah with you at all… :joy:

“Justin Fields came from a one-read system”

Justin Fields reads his progressions too slowly and has problems processing reads"

At some point I’m like “which one is it”? He is slow reading his one read or what :rofl:

My point of view has evolved big time on Justin Fields. At first, I didn’t see the hype. Especially last year. He didn’t have the polish you want to see. And he had some bad games this year. But IMO the main reason is he doesn’t quite have enough starts yet and he’s been in multiple systems now. His issues are the sort of issues a lot of first year QBs have. And what I like about him is his accuracy and his arm strength. I think we could build an offense around him that takes deep shots, and he’d be really good in it. And I like making him compete for the job. He needs to grow and not get it handed to him.

But IMO, there is no damn way in the world that San Francisco traded up to 3 and gave up all those picks for Mac Jones. I’d be shocked if that’s how it turned out.

I would be shocked as well. But I was also shocked when the Giants took Daniel Jones, so what do I know?

1 Like

Fields is the #2 QB in this draft. He has always been 1B to Lawrence’s 1A. High School…College…and now.

I don’t know wtf the Jets are thinking at 2. Fields should be the pick.

He was my #1 until we traded for Goff. If he lasts to 7 I wouldn’t be upset at all if we took him.

1 Like

One scout says he went through tape and he only through to second read 7 times. I think it was tony Pauline.

I call bullshit on that.

1 Like