Final Compensatory Projections from OTC

Nothing has changed for Detroit, Golladay is netting a 3rd (only 3rd this year), we get a 5th for Marvin Jones and a 6th for Jarrad Davis, while the losses of Agnew and Prater are cancelled by the additions of Jamaal Williams and B Perriman (nice move Holmes . . . but also nice move not signing KG long-term).

Rd 1, Pick #2
Rd 1, Pick #29-32 (LA Rams Stafford)
Rd 2, Pick #2
Rd 3, Pick #2
Rd 3, Pick #33 (Kenny Golladay Comp Pick)
Rd 5, Pick #34 (Marvin Jones Comp Pick)
Rd 6, Pick #2
Rd 6, Pick #41 (Jarrad Davis Comp Pick)
Rd 7, Pick #21 (New England for Michael Jackson)

Picks traded away:

• Rd 4, Pick #2 (Traded to Cleveland for Barnes/Jefferson)
  • Rd 5, Pick #2 (Traded with Cleveland’s 7th for Benson and 2023 6th Rounder)
  • Rd 7, Pick #2 (Traded to Cleveland for Blough and Cleveland’s 7th)
  • Rd 7, Pick #13 (From Cleveland with Blough, traded to Denver with 5th for Benson and 2023 6th rounder)

2023 Picks, we have an extra 6th and no 7th.

• Denver’s 6th Rounder (Benson)
  • 7th rounder (To LA Rams for Brockers)
9 Likes

thanks. can’t remember the last time we got comp picks. maybe back to Suh?

1 Like

Man if we’re the only team getting a 3rd round comp pick this year it means our 4th rounder would have been top 100, or about 7-10 spots higher than usual. Hurts to have lost it.

3rd rounder for KG is a steal at this point, after his 0 TD performance this season with the Giants!

7 Likes

Not a huge surprise given that he was hurt again for a bit of the season. Plus, he struggles to get separation. Most of his big plays and touchdowns were because stafford wasn’t afraid to let him go up and make a play on the ball. Add all that to shaky quarterback play and a subpar coaching staff and you’ve got the recipe for a 0 touchdown season.

1 Like

Woooord!

Thanks for the Intel, bro. The Jack Fox of all things salary cap!!!
Boom!!! LOL

1 Like

Only hurts if Derrick Barnes fails to be what we hope he will become.

So, I’ve got us with 9 Total Picks (Thanks @HSVLion):

Rd 1, Pick #2
Rd 1, Pick #29-32 (LA Rams Stafford)
Rd 2, Pick #2
Rd 3, Pick #2
Rd 3, Pick #33 (Kenny Golladay Comp Pick)
Rd 5, Pick #34 (Marvin Jones Comp Pick)
Rd 6, Pick #2
Rd 6, Pick #41 (Jarrad Davis Comp Pick)
Rd 7, Pick #21 (New England for Michael Jackson)

Picks traded away:

• Rd 4, Pick #2 (Traded to Cleveland for Barnes/Jefferson)
  • Rd 5, Pick #2 (Traded with Cleveland’s 7th for Benson and 2023 6th Rounder)
  • Rd 7, Pick #2 (Traded to Cleveland for Blough and Cleveland’s 7th)
  • Rd 7, Pick #13 (From Cleveland with Blough, traded to Denver with 5th for Benson and 2023 6th rounder)

2023 Picks, we have an extra 6th and no 7th.

• Denver’s 6th Rounder (Benson)
  • 7th rounder (To LA Rams for Brockers)
8 Likes

Do we not have the Patriots 7th because of the Michael Jackson trade a few years ago?

No, we’re the only team getting a 3rd from free agency.

The Ravens, Saints, Rams, and 49ers (traded to the Dolphins) get picks because of the hiring thing

(David Culley, Terry Fontenot, Brad Holmes, Robert Saleh)

I’m fine with it. I was (and continue to be) very high on Barnes. I think that the light bulb is going to go on and when it does we are all going to love him. To my eye I thought he very much looked the part in terms of range and explosion. He also appeared to have no idea what he was doing. That seems fixable.

Good call!!

I can never remember, are these picks tradable now? They used to not be.

They are now

2 Likes

A draft class of 8-10 is decent, especially if Holmes wants to move around a bit.

I think our second first rounder may be in demand. A perfect spot for a team to move back up for a QB.

That 5th year is usually very enticing.

Yep. Especially for a QB. And the trade partner makes sure you get their guy. I think we could get a premium above the trade value chart if the right guy slides

1 Like

a 2nd, a 4th, and next year’s first? Something like that?
2 future firsts, maybe?

I don’t think we’d get that much.

Let’s say Washington opts for a different position in round 1 but then wants to trade up to get their guy that’s still there end of round 1.

If we could get their 2 and 3 that favors us by 100 points. BUT … that means extra second rounders

Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

1 Like