First big move of the offseason

It’s going to be Ben to Washington guys. Peters is surely going to be looking for his Kyle Shanahan type.

Doesn’t matter if that’s what he’s looking for

What’s Ben looking for?

IMO Washington

1 Like

I disagree

I fully expect Bieniemy to be the first “offensive guru” off the board.

The league is gonna put massive pressure on teams to give him a shot. And he has earned it. Quite frankly he deserves it before Ben.

The problems in Washington are personnel related and no OC related IMO.
EB is solid and it is funny that he leaves KC and the offense is not nearly as good and no one talks about the main difference……

1 Like

Jeremy Fowler

@JFowlerESPN

Some league circles are watching a potential pairing of Lions OC Ben Johnson with newly appointed GM Adam Peters in Washington. #Commanders now have lengthy HC search ahead but Johnson will be coveted by many.

JP Finlay

@JPFinlayNBCS

Josh Harris not messing around. Thorough but rapid indeed. Ben Johnson coming next is my guess.

11:40 AM · Jan 12, 2024

·

To Washington? No way in hell (also known as Dan Snyder’s Washington).

Bienemy held the players accountable. I was completely wrong because i thought it was all Andy Reid…

I called this the moment Josh Harris won the bid…

Analytics guy. Offensive guru with a mathematics background. Now a long in demand upcoming executive as GM who likely favors the offensive guru playcaller at the top model.

This is the way. Sadly.

1 Like

yup, ive been saying all season that i think Ben goes to Washington

earlier cause of Howell, but having either Williams or Maye (Its Maye) is also tantalizing, along with a decent WR core

they need to rebuild that Secondary badly, but Washington has the draft capital to kick off this rebuild.

1 Like

idk who it was saying AG going to Atlanta, but I do think that could be more in play than I initially realized, considering who Arthur Smith was, they need someone for that Lockeroom

if Denis Allen were to be fired quickly, AG would also be heavily in play their also

2 Likes

Damn. I thought I called it first. I did mention it as a possibility but it was really the particular ownership change. I did get caught up in the Hoodie thing a bit as well.

Btw, does Bellicheck get shut out. Seems ATL or bust. Maybe LAC.

apparently there is a playoff team that could be in play

Eagles or Cowboys me thinks there

ive been saying Ben to the Commies since around early October, only issue was Bienenmy, and cause Howell was playing really well at the time

but now, very enviable spot to be in, tons of cap, solid players, and great draft capital

arguably better than the Bears job rn, cause they have much harder desicions to make

Unlikely, given his past is sure to be rooted through. I think it’s why he hasn’t gotten a job already. League hates anything that gives them a black eye.

1 Like

Maybe he and Slowik are tight?

I think there’s also a chance that due to Ben’s love of Dan and all things Detroit, he won’t take an NFC job. I know that seems crazy but I really think it’s possible.

1 Like

It honestly seems like its his past

but also he interviews terribly from everything thats been rumored around

1 Like

He ought to.

I think it’s crazy to hire him, and that’s assuming he actually wants another job. There’s just no way he’s going to have the energy to reconstruct an organization, and I’m not sure his management style is right for that task.

BB was a great coach, and probably is still an excellent football mind. I just don’t see him turning around a crappy team effectively at this point in his life.

1 Like

Serious question, what’s the point of Ben going to any team other than the Chargers? None of the others are anywhere near capable of running his offense

1 Like

Possibly better ownership.
#2 pick in the draft to get the QB.

Ben catered his offense to Jared’s strengths when he first took over (and especially in their first offseason together). He’ll do the same with any roster he takes over. It’s what the best OCs do, and he’s one of the best.

And in Washington he’ll get to choose his own QB, if he wants.

1 Like