Five WRs to watch for Round 1

I like him quite a bit, though he’s more of a weapon than a bona fide receiver. @CuriousHusker can tell us a lot more about him from his days playing for Nebraska.

1 Like

Drake London or Treylon Burks with the Rams pick would be FANTASTIC.

1 Like

He seems to have improved his route running. His elusiveness is really quite special but I’m not sold on his long speed. A creative OC that moves him around (slot, backfield, etc.) could get a lot out of him. Someone like Josh McDaniels would make good use out of him. Ultimately think he’s more of a luxury piece than a go to guy on a good offense. We also mostly need true outside WRs so I don’t see him as a fit. I definitely think Wandale will have a nice career even if he’s not a starter.

I believe a big, physical WR like Burke is exactly what this team needs but I also have a feeling we won’t go WR until round two or later.

I think DC and company will place a higher value at DB, LB and trenches. That’s where I think we will go early in the draft.

3 Likes

I agree with this.

I think you go out and sign the WR2 via free agency. The WR group needs a veteran leader. I’d be looking for someone who has a strong work ethic and leadership qualities. If we can land this guy in FA then we probably won’t go WR round 1.

I’d then draft my WR1. I feel that guy has to come by your 2nd round pick.

I have a feeling we go DL, LB or S in round one. Then look at WR come round two.

But if Burke makes it to our Rams selection I think you have to seriously consider it.

2 Likes

Give me Allen Robinson in FA as the cagey contested catch veteran and Jameson Williams as the terrify the living hell out of opposing DCs with Amon-Ra as our assassin out of the slot. That trio would excite me.

1 Like

I’m with you Husker. Jameson Williams is EXACTLY what this offense needs in order to reach its full potential. Robinson for 2-3 years would be wise.

Of the guys available this year I like his potential to become a big time #1 WR the most:

1. Jameson Williams; premier deep threat in college football. Had biggest game against nations top defense (Georgia) in SEC Championship w 7-184-2TD. Compares favorably to Miami Dolphins’ speed merchant Jalen Waddell. High school track star who won Missouri state championship in both the 300-meter hurdles and 400-meter dash. Estimated forty yard dash time high 4.2’s. Can take the top off opposing defense on any play forcing safeties further off line creating natural space for run game.

Problem is, barring a trade down I just don’t see a scenario where he’s available at the Ram’s pick.

I would agree bro, but what do I know lol. Seems like it’s defense and then maybe wr. But I’d love to add Ojabo if he was there w the Rams pick and get the wr round 2.

1 Like

As an example Kelee Ringo is number 5 in this clip and Ringo did this:

and yet Jameson made him do this:

Just to complete the picture, there’s this. It’s technique and speed/acceleration. Jameson doesn’t run a 4.1.

Also, think about Jameson and St. Brown stacked with Williams stressing defenses vertically and St. Brown working off of that. That would be problematic for opponents. Then if we had ARob (or Gallup) one on one on the other side. Goff excuses could be put to bed.

Sadly I think Tyrell Williams’ career is over. But insert Robinson into your equation and I say to you…

Napoleon Dynamite GIF

I’m fine with Gallup too.

I want 1 terrifying guy and one polished, catch everything guy with one being a FA and one being a pro.

If we reverse it and go Chark and London then I’m fine with that as well.

1 Like

It was over last year. We was just stupid enough to give him a retirement check.

I think, and tbh, hope we go defense in the first round and wr in the second, yet, it also depends on how the draft plays out.
If there is a run on WR in the first round that strategy could change quickly in my opinion. This would also mean that there would be some defensive players left for the top of round two.