FMIA--Peter King has the Lions taking Hutchinson

Mr. King, your fruit cup and dose of Aricept is ready. Fingerpainting is at 3;45 and I believe dinner tonight is salisbury steak…

6 Likes

lol

As ling as we take an edge defender at 2, im happy. Ill trust the staff did their research and took the guy they think is the best fit.

Any other position, barring trade down, and im pissed.

2 Likes

Can you imagine this board if the Lions passed on Hutchinson and took Thibodeaux? People would be apoplectic :joy:

3 Likes

I’d just believe in Thibz more, if Brad picked him.

1 Like

It’s not the Jags that are crazy, though.
It’s the wild speculation that is crazy.:rofl:

1 Like

The Jags do screw it up more often than not…so there’s that. LOL.

1 Like

I just meant in this particular instance.:laughing:

1 Like

Hoping they are white hot “on their game”

1 Like

I would definitely be a bit upset, but at the end of the day I’ll trust in these guys. To me though, if we stayed at #2 and Hutchinson was still on the board, the only other player I would be okay with is Malik Willis. Not to say Willis is a better prospect, but I can at least justity a QB being taken if hes the guy.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’d do that trade…But it would mess up any #32 & #34 for #13 thereabouts in the draft…But it would give Holmes something to think about beforehand. If the Lions stay at #2, then I’m taking the ATL offer at first glance. If the Lions trade the #2 Pick to the Jets or Giants for either of their high 2nd Rounders, then I like the #32 & #34 Picks for a Trade up much better, knowing the Lions have that early 2nd Rounder in their back pocket from either the Jets or the Giants.

2 Likes

I miss him putting out the truth right before the draft. But im sure Vegas shut him down lol

1 Like

#TrustTheBaldDudes

If the Jags take Walker and leave Hutch to the Lions, we will look back at this draft as the one that officially changed the perception/trajectory of the Detroit Lions. The culture will be set, imo, with Hutch.

5 Likes

Yup. Same with Sewell. Cornerstone leaders.
Would love to see hutch come here.

1 Like

Thank you for posting his name. I was trying to remember it most of the afternoon.

I’d do it as well. I’d love to get their fourth or fifth this year as well to fill that gap but that '23 Falcons pick is likely a top 40 pick next year.

I’m all for dropping down barring an unprecedented fall for someone like Dean/Jermaine Johnson/London/Jameson/Burks/Davis to 32. Whether we take a safety like Brisker, Hill, Cine, or Pitre doesn’t matter to me. That or a DT like Winfrey or Logan Hall. That or a LBer like Chenal, Anderson or Muma. Or a WR like Pickens, Dotson, And Moore.

Those guy are all kind of lumped together for me so I’d rather get the one extra assets and take what’s left at 40-45. Same goes for 34.

Drop down ten spots or so from both of those picks and get extra capital if you can. Would love to drop down and get an extra early 3rd and then drop down again and maybe get a 2023 2nd or 2023 3rd and a 4th/5th this year.

If Willis was actually there at 32, you take him and don’t look back……swing away!

1 Like