FMIA--Peter King has the Lions taking Hutchinson

And if Willis was there at 32, and 34… and the Lions passed on him a third time… there could be a few less Brad Holmes fans around here.

1 Like

The Bengals passed on Boomer Esiason 3 times before finally drafting him.

1 Like

Haha. Swing away, Merril (from Signs)

2 Likes

Glad someone got it.

Have to admit - my daughter (13) leaves glasses of water around the house all the time and I think about that movie more times than I probably should….

2 Likes

I’m loving the idea of Hutch/KT then trading up for JD to transform the defense.

3 Likes

If there’s anything to it, that means God sees you as the baddest protect us

1 Like

Why would the Falcons realistically come up to 32 when they could hedge and get 34 off us for less draft capital?

Jags aren’t taking a QB at 33, granted they could trade out and it lets someone else possibly jump them.

I know people keep going on about cost control and fifth year options and so on but if you have the guy in the building for four years and you are unsure about giving him a long term deal or top 10 money then chances are he isn’t the guy you really want long term m, fifth year option or not. If he is a stud he is going to want to get paid fifth year option or not like Kyler

Teams like the 5th year option but I realize some fans don’t care. Another reason teams trade into the 1st round is to get “their guy” and not risk losing him. There is absolutely no control over what the Jags will do with their pick at 33. Like you said, a team can negotiate with us at 34 if they want a QB. So what’s stopping a team from negotiating at 33 with the Jags?

3 Likes

I have been consistent (and still am) that Hutch is the safest pick and we should get him if he is there.

If he is gone it opens us up to do anything… and I mean anything at all.

Before I would say grab KT and enjoy a higher ceiling player… but I am also reaching that point where I could live with the highly unlikely trade down and you can toss the so called trade value chart.

1 Like

I just realized that the woman from My Cousin Vinny is Spiderman’s Aunt… I feel Aunt May is an easy role to play, but that role in Vinny…well done. Very versatile actress.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.