Foles released by Bears

Not to stir the pot, but wasn’t this the exact issue Goff had w/ the Rams, and then the first half of last season with us? And then Campbell started calling plays and Ben Johnson apparently started getting involved, and suddenly Goff started looking like SB-run Goff, instead of checkdown Charlie. Perhaps Foles could recover in a similar matter?

Either way, one has to assume that he’s both more capable and more knowledgeable than Boyle/Blough, so unless the staff things either of those two are our future, I think it makes sense to at least “kick the tires”.

1 Like

Best QB PERIOD!

Fixed it for Natty

2 Likes

And maybe, Boyles under center this second season if has to play, will simply
Be better along with the rest of new and improved seconds year Lions?!

I trust DC.

I think the coaching staff might be giving Boyle the benefit of the doubt. I heard A-Lynn say something about Tim only having a few days to prepare for his first start coming off of an injury.

EDIT: As I was typing this I looked it up. Boyle wasn’t even activated from Injured Reserve until the Friday before the game. I guess I didn’t realize that.

#Wisdom :pray: :pray:

Timmy Boyle what a damn joke ! I would trade Boyle and Blough for an 8 pack of Coke and get my drink on.

1 Like

Our backup averages 3.6 yard per attempt and has double the INT to TDs.

He’s cheap, but that’s because my lawn guy can do better than that

2 Likes

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

having Tim Boyle or Blough as your backups is like having raging ED or a limpdick in a whore house .
they are about useless but in SOL Lion Lore? Only we would see fit to hang onto either or both of them !

Valid points on Boyne and Blough. But I doubt the Lions spend serious money on a backup QB in a year in which they don’t expect to be playoff contenders anyway.
If Goff gets hurt, they suck and get the high pick needed to draft a legit QB next year.

1 Like

I think this is what they’re up to…our backups are juuuuuust crap. Next year, it gets addressed, wether they keep Goff or not.

1 Like

While this is likely true, there is a real risk of having a setback in your WR development and the culture in general if one broken finger in week 4 leads to another 12+ loss season. FAs see all thisnrah rah on Hard Knocks, then see a team lose a lot of games again…

There would be questions about Campbell AND Holmes at that point.

insurance looks expensive until you need it and dont have it.

2 Likes

no but we hope to contend always . And if our opponents just have to take Goff out? We are done ! this isn’t jokes, this is fact. The team hinges on Goff’s health, without him-we have no other QB that can produce, stay healthy, be accurate, be mobile , has a strong arm and is smart about what he does with the ball. It’s just gog chit after Goff , and everyone knows that. We lose games until Goff can get back. IF we had ONE legit backup, that can do all of the above, our opponents would have almost an impossible task to stop us from winning-even if Goff is out a short while. but “right now” we don’t have that stability @ QB.

If Goff isn’t the answer, we have to draft his replacement. How do you do that? Picking high in the draft.

Of course I don’t want this, but I think this is probably a factor in not adding another QB. Picking outside the top 10 AND realizing Goff isn’t the guy will suck big time.

1 Like

we do like we always do, Good QB’s don’t HAVE TO BE 1st -rounders, if Goff fails we know he wasn’t the answer, it won’t be too hard to get better- QB wise.

I think the plan is sound as is. That’s my point. I think they know it all falls on Goff. And if Goff is hurt, it sucks but it’s also ok. Because it means we get our QB of the future.

A team that finishes with the 12th pick or the 8th pick I promise doesn’t change how players feel about the outcome. Both records suck in their eyes. The only thing that will matter to them is getting a new QB.

Having a Nick Foles that can get us a couple of wins vs our garbage backups has no upside IMO. And I think those calling the shots think so too.

1 Like

Everybody always thinks the grass is Greener, that was total dog shit of a stance until last year and this offseason, I think the staff has built a hell of a good start for Build A and Build B.
Getting a quality QB could be very time consuming, costly and even risky.
people bag on Goff because we didn’t have anything in place last season-we even played with an incomplete foundation and a bunch of scrubs. We got mauled injury-wise, our signal caller was changed during the season, and it was late until we found our groove THE TEAM won 3 games Goff and all. and we have nobody behind Goff either @QB.

We know what this means for JG this season, we flourishes or he’s gone.
things have to work out just so to get a better QB , noticeably better than Goff…if we replace him. but we have to replace EITHER Timmy Boyle or Blough ALSO and get a backup that could stand in and really play…to.

Imma be frank. Goff strikes me as a glorified back up QB. For now that’s all we got. It’s not always simple , easy , cut & dry , perfect. your still talking about replacing A starting QB in this League and anyone you draft is a big risk or chance you take, totally built off your faith in his ability.

I’m having a hard time following your stance here.

Some of it sounds like you feel I’m totally on board with Goff…I’m not. I highly doubt he’s the answer at QB.

And then you also talk about how risky it is to find a new QB. Yeah you are right, it is. But that’s the position that wins championships. Wins you games that maybe you are not supposed to win. It’s a risk reward league and I’m definitely on the side of risking Goff for a shot at an elite QB.

Again I don’t really know what angle you are driving home. Maybe that we should sign or acquire a backup QB now? Maybe you could clear it up for me.

1 Like

Boyle & Blough need a “How To Play NFL Football For Dummies” book , before they can be a QB that is meaningful.

2 Likes