Foles released by Bears

an “asset to our starter” !? to me neither Blough or Boyle are the answers to back-up QB, we need someone who bucking CAN stand in games and produce, score more than 2 times, and is accurate. IF Goff went down by injury for a week or so, that could really screw up our record, we need someone that is not going to fold once Goff goes out. The team is starting to get to the area that we are good, however our opponents know if they knock Goff out, WE don’t have much hope at winning more games with what we currently have , We need a QB that can do every bit as good as Goff if not better , SO we are not disabled as a team should something happened to Goff. my two cents.

1 Like

Hilarious, bro. Usually, I’m the last guy to urge someone to not get carried away, but…

When Fox was 6 weeks old (when he started reading), he crossed the word competition out of his dictionary, as though his lens of the world, there is no such thing. Laughable.

2 Likes

I definitely understand and see your point. When I said asset to the starter, I was thinking how how Stafford always said Orlovsky helped a ton with game prep and watching film. So I would guess that Blough and Boyle serve the same purpose.

But you are right, Goff goes down and neither have proven they can be even serviceable for a game or two.

1 Like

Why did Jack Fox cross the road!?

1 Like

So he could kick the shit out of the chicken he was chasing at 8 weeks old!

4 Likes

Because nothing crosses Jack Fox and lives to tell about it!

5 Likes

Don’t forget about Montaz, maybe a sleeper to knock Boyle or Blough off the team.

1 Like

I feel like this needs to be it’s own thread. LOVE it!!!

So good, men.

I’m going with because winners do what they want, and that’s what he felt like doing!

2 Likes

Gotta be careful around those crazy chickens…

scared rooster GIF

2 Likes

So what happens if we are 8-2? You want to tank then. great way to lose a team!
NEVER know when it might happen. YOU PLAY TO WIN! If the $$$$ are right he could help this team. Maybe some competition would be good.

3 Likes

I didn’t say that at all. But if Goff is in fact injured, as in, out for the season…why would you want to win as many games as possible? This isn’t a playoff team with an injured Goff. And if we want to have a shot at QB1/2 in next years draft, we are gonna have to be picking really high.

What is wrong with that angle of thinking? Would you rather finished 6-11 with another backup QB or 4-13 with Boyle? I think this answer is a pretty easy one.

I think that’s the whole issue. Some think this team is capable of winning 11-12 games. If you are thinking within reason, this team probably has a 7-8 win ceiling. If we win 7 with Goff or 5 without him, this team is still moving in the right direction. Losing just means we have the wrong Quarterback.

I’m not the fan that thinks this team has any shot at 8-2. I mean my God is that really where the thought process is at this point in the rebuild? Cause I thought the board had a pretty realistic outlook moving forward.

You should’ve at least said something like 5-5 and then you would actually have an argument.

The over/under is currently set at 6.5 for wins. I think that is a realistic line that the we should have a shot of going over. I will predict a 7-8 win season. Suggesting we are sitting at a record that rivals top teams in football through week 11 is pretty delusional, or wishful thinking, I believe.

So just so you can fully understand my thought process, I think this team is a 7-8 win team. Which would be amazing considering where we were at just 1 year ago headed into 2021. So at the 10 game mark, I’m thinking we are about 4-6…probably needing to finish 5-2 at worst to make the playoffs. If we lost Goff, I don’t think there’s a backup in the league that could go 5-2 with this team. If we lose him sooner…make that an even longer shot. So anything other than Jared Goff having a really good year, I think we are definitely in the QB sweepstakes in next years draft. The further down the draft board we are, the harder it’s going to be to land one.

I just don’t see much benefit at all with having a good backup. This team is headed in the right direction. Most of us feel it on the board and I definitely think the players feel it. If they win 5 games or they win 8 games I don’t think it changes the players outlook moving forward.

Now if you think this team is competing for a first round bye in the playoffs (which is what is suggested with the 8-2 remark), then yes I think we should add the best backup possible.

See, I don’t think we’ll be in the QB sweepstakes at all… I think MCDC is gonna channel his inner peace into Goff and make him a badass bastard!

3 Likes

That’s the idea scenario!

You play to win at all times. That attitude is what builds a team.

3 Likes

The Bears are in such bad shape. I don’t think we need to worry about them for 3-4 years at minimum.

1 Like

You are on a 5 year build plan, which doesn’t exist in the modern NFL. Not with this staff.

It’s year 2… and I said 7-8 wins. If you are expecting more than that, as we haven’t even started the second year yet, you Might be disappointed.

I expect a playoff push in 2023. I don’t know how you come to this conclusion by anything I’ve said.

We won 3 games last year my god. We are one year removed from a complete dumpster fire. Don’t exaggerate my stance to try and prove a point.

I think there giving Goff every opportunity to be the guy, they just got his confidence back. There not gonna bring anyone in. There will be little pressure on Goff and I think that’s what they want for this year. There not going to shake his confidence.

1 Like

Isn’t Jack Fox the Lions’ best backup QB?
Also, not sure if anyone remembers seeing Foles play the last three years, but he’s been downright terrible. The completion percentage looks OK, but that’s because he’s become Capt. Checkdown. But 14 TDs to 10 INTs. 3-9 record. And the dude is a immobile pylon in the backfield. Yuck.
Hard pass.

3 Likes