For fun, if you were going to take a QB, who would it be?

was going to say Young-yet that’s not an option in this , so I’ll say Richardson.

Aren’t you the one who has repeatedly said that Stroud would never be successful at the NFL level?

The one who is a red shirt freshman at Alabama this season.

THIS!!!

I wouldn’t mind a late pick on the kid from TCU as well.

Max dugan in rd 6

Jarran Hall or Dorian Thompson-Robinson in the later rounds. Both have physical tools and both would be potential upgrades at backup QB. Hopefully you can develop one of them and at the very least become either a young, cheap backup QB or a trade piece.

For fun, a flyer on whoever is left in the third round. At least, might get a capable backup.

My Stroud evaluations mimic my Tua evaluations. Although I like Stroud better than Tua. Both belong in the NFL. But I don’t think either one of them will live up to the hype of being a top 5 pick and franchise savior. I have used some colorful hyperbole along the way. Stroud actually improved as he got into the later part of the season and the postseason, so that impressed me. Tua was just Tua and still is Tua.

Give me Uncle Rico in round 6! Easily the next Tom Brady.

rob gronkowski GIF

I could even be talked into taking him in the 5th. Former baseball player with a good arm. Sees the field well from what I can tell. He fits what Brad likes - productive players (31 TD’s/ 7 Ints), very good athlete, but some say his height and wingspan are too short.

1 Like

I consider Stroud’s upside as a more mobile Jared Goff. Don’t know if that’s worth a top 6 pick.

Yeah I doubt he makes the 6th, but if he does then take him. And again, I’m all for grabbing another one as an UDFA, this class is deep if you are looking for backups that you can potentially develop into starters.

He definitely has the arm talent to be Goff if he could ever get right between the ears. When I picked on Tua his arm talent and ball flight made it so that he was never going to reach peak Goff levels IMO.

yep, there’s absolutely no cost for an UDFA flyer. I’d do that each year, every year. U never know.

My UDFA is pretty good…

1 Like

Adrian Martinez = Michael Bishop. I liked him a lot in college too

1 Like

He made his share of mistakes mostly stemming from holding on to the ball too long. If he simply ends up on the PS our D needs to face a guy who can do what he does with his legs.

1 Like

I like HH as well. I think you can get him Day 2 and he can sit next year and completely heal up. I think it’s a great situation for both sides

2 Likes

Stroud. 100% always been behind stroud if I’m picking.

But @LionsMasterPimp makes a good point about a gamble while Goff w under contract.

We’ve had our QB debates, and after all those keystrokes it finally hit me…

I even fell for it…. I said AR15 if Goff was still here… but why? What is his ceiling? Better than Cam? Vick? Josh Allen?

Which cannon arm, big and fast, dual threat QB are we trying to emulate.

We could argue the the most successful QBs of all time we’re pure pocket passers, and a few with some mobility, but still were pass first- Rodgers, Russ, Mahomes…

Truly what is the top 10 QBs since 2000 list look like?

1. Brady
  2. P Manning
  3. P Mahomes
  4. D Brees
  5. Rodgers
  6. Big Ben
  7. Russell Wilson
  8. Stafford
  9. Burrow
  10. Eli?