Former Ravens DT Tony Siragusa dead at 55

Wow, tough week for Ravens nation and for football fans in general.

3 Likes

He was a pig in the center of that defense. I only mean that in the kindest way. Think Jerry Ball…

RIP

2 Likes

Respected him as a player. Wasn’t my favorite analysist, but a nice change of pace analysist, giving almost a bar room analysist from the sidelines.

Wow, pretty young.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness! Tough day for ravens fans…

I remembwr him just being a huge clog in the middle of that line… and I liked him as a sideline guy.

Any word on what happened?

1 Like

Who was bigger him or adams? I think he was the slightly smaller of the two. Adams was massive. That was easily 700 plus pounds of human being in the middle of that line.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve known too many people in the last two years who were less than 55 who have passed crazy.

Lost a few good buddies. Crazy.

Sorry to hear about Tony. 55 is too young.

2 Likes

R.i.p goose

1 Like

55 is way too young but at least he got to live a life most of us only dream about. He got to play the game he loves and have a lot of fun along the way. I’d rather go at 55 having lived a life than die at 90 wishing I did.

1 Like

Yeah my buddy lost his best friend 54 and his younger brother 51 in like 3 weeks this spring/summer, both unexpected and sudden.

Mah Sweetie’s ex-boss, blood clot in the artery feeding the stomach, 47, gone last late fall, 2 or 3 others in that 45-60 zone for her extended acquaintances…

1 Like

My uncle died at his desk during the workday. He was in his 50s. The fact that it happened at his work desk made it extra awkward because OSHA had to get involved because it was a “work place death” even though he was a paper pusher who died of a heart attack. It was an extended period of time before we could receive his body to have a proper funeral.

1 Like

Just turned 64, you guys aren’t helping…

4 Likes

51 in July

2 Likes
2 Likes

Wow all these NFL players are dropping like flies it seems-unreal.

My aunt passed away last year at 59 from what I can only describe as the disintegration of her duodenum. She went into the hospital with severe abdominal pain, and her surgeon expected he would have a perforated ulcer to patch up when he got in there. Instead, he found her duodenum was effectively gone. There was no viable tissue left to repair it. She hung on for a few weeks while they tried to get her stable enough for surgery to attach her stomach directly to her small intestine. Then sepsis set in from the necrotic tissue, and it was just too much for her body to overcome.

We can understand how she would have developed severe ulcers. I loved her dearly and I don’t mean to speak ill of the dead, but she was a heavy drinker and had a pretty unhealthy diet. The level of her injury though is hard to explain. We don’t know how it could have gotten that bad without any indications that would have led her to seek treatment sooner. Her mother also died fairly young from a serious GI injury, so genetics probably had something to do with it.

My poor uncle. He was living and working with the plan to have her set up for a retirement without him, because he had survived cancer a few times and was about 10 years older than my aunt. He never expected that she would die first. Fortunately he has a lot of support from family and friends as he has settled into the life of a widower. My uncle still works full time because it helps him cope with her loss. He’s been in remarkably good spirits when I’ve spoken with him, though we haven’t seen each other in person since before the pandemic. The first time we visit him or he travels here will feel very strange without my aunt. They were truly inseparable.

2 Likes

Part of the “&” clan.
People you only think of as a couple, like jack & jill, mom & dad, etc.
It is tough to see one left alone.

1 Like

Wasn’t Goose the one that said he probably wouldn’t have a beer with Joey?

2 Likes

You guys need to think positive. Goose was very over weight and playing in nfl probably didnt help.

It is a big factor many times.

Caleb Swanigan, 25, NBA player for a couple seasons…dead Monday.

Had gotten up to 500 pounds before dropping to 400. Sad story…foster kid, lots of drugs and bad stuff, pulled out if it, All Big 10, late 1st rd pick NBA

4 Likes

Sad news to hear. May he RIP.

Yes, he said Joey is a caviar and champagne guy or something to that affect.