Game 1 Positives

Stafford’s played well. Hock looks like he’ll be a star. Tavai looked like an early contributor and Walker is going to be a good safety for a long time. Oh and Melvin held up pretty well in what was a concern spot for me.

Other positives?

1 Like

I thought Coleman played decent for most of the game, but then again I blacked out in the 4th qtr in disbelief

1 Like

I’m still stuck in, “we should have won”, mental state. It was a mostly positive game…until Bevell hit the self destruct button.
Now, that’s the only moment I remember.

3 Likes

As much as people might disagree, we DID run the ball more than we did with JBC. I count 28 attempts by RBs.

2 Likes

This is not going to be a popular thread LOL

Other positives, Kennard off the edge. Lots of pressure on their QB most of the game.
I did think our DBs all around played well most of the game.

I think the offense overall looks way less predictable. I think we will score more points than the last couple years

First game. Time will tell. I don’t get too high or two low until we have some games behind us

1 Like

I’m positive I can come up with nothing positive right now. Don’t care about individuals, we lost z game any good team puts away.

2 Likes

It was a huge thing. Great play call and design…was going for a huge gain…why Bevell felt the need to tell Patricia to get a TO I would love to know.

And that is NOT on Patricia. They don’t have time to discuss it and mull it over. Patricia can call TO not Bevell and if Bevell is telling him to get a TO he doesn’t have time to ask “Why” and talk it over. He just does it

2 Likes

Prater diminishes whatever concerns I had about his fading leg strength. Dahl wasn’t noticeable which given my concerns about that guard spot was a good thing.

Decker is far and away my biggest concern. I know this is unpopular but I really didn’t think the coaching was horrible. I mean the TO was. You have to trust your 30m dollar per year QB there. I get the frustration over taking the foot off the gas but I do believe from a playing the percentages standpoint it make a lot of sense.

If I had to nitpick i’d suggest that Patricia should’ve let Prater try the 57 yarder at the beginning of the game. But I definitely understand his decision.

1 Like

He fucking “iced” the entire team!
(You know, I don’t think getting fucked up is helping my mood?)

2 Likes

Agreed, I should’ve remembered him.

1 Like

Hey hey, dont ruin my plans tonight man!

In semi-related news, ever play Sigma Derby?

I didn’t black out and piss the bed?

3 Likes

I almost mentioned Kennard. That’s going to end up being an excellent signing. Oh and our run defense appears to be what we thought it was

1 Like

Unlike the coaching staff.

2 Likes

JRM on special teams and defense. Slay and Melvin pretty kuch locked down their guys. Batted balls by Snacks and Jones +sack. Kennard with pressure and 3 sacks. Diggs with big hits but went for the big hit vs the wrap. Same with Tracy Walker but had a nice Int. Tavai with a sack was also in charge of lining everyone up correctly.

Prater was awesome. Martin was getting killed during punts.

A lot of contribution from offensive players… Ty Johnson, McKissic, Jones, KG, Hoch, James, Johnson, Amendola, Jones.

1 Like

Run defense wasn’t what I thought it would be. They ran for over 110 at almost 5per carry. That’s not good

That is a postive?

1 Like

No, that was a response to another post.

1 Like

Pretty sure that was almost entirely in the second half when we were in near prevent. I remember is shutting down the run in the first when we were playing our standard D.

Pretty confident we’ll have a good run defense of healthy. Davis will help of course.

3 Likes

There were positives all over the place. It was a great game, and then…wtf!
The impossible for any other team happened.