Game Used

I see your rookie autograph and raise you two!!!

6 Likes

I have a couple of unopened boxes of the 1989 score cards.
I don’t know if I should open them or not? What do you think?
What’s a Deion rookie going for these days?

1 Like

You, um, open to sharing?

3 Likes

Met him ( Layne)at Majestic Chop House my Uncle knew many he was a Bartender at Club house at Hazel Park an also worked Detroit Yacht Club. I was kid when he took family out to eat an Lanye an others came he knew my uncle.

I also met George Kell an other hockey an ball players same place.

6 Likes

Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Dude, that was funniest damn thing I’ve heard all week, like truly. Thanks!

3 Likes

She appears to be quite busy these days.

They were mailed to me directly from the team. They were worn on October 3rd away at the Bears. Size XXXL gloves they’re monsters. This guy is a true franchise tackle - I hope he spends his entire career in Detroit. He’s a franchise guy man.

4 Likes

If you don’t have a Jack Fox one, well…either you just can’t afford it, or you’re a HORRIBLE judge of everything! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

LOL - I thought The Godfather just told ppl what he was doing, rather than asking?
:wink:
Of course, my bro!

1 Like

He really is. Insanely talented.

1 Like

Where did you buy those from and how much do they get for them?

Bro, if those boxes are authenticated , they are running $1300 to $1500 each

I wouldn’t open them. The set that year is very prone to off center cuts and hard as hell to get cards in GEM MINT 10 grades because the green border chips easily.

They were heavily printed too.

Current pricing on an ungraded but fresh clean to the eye Barry is 45, Aikman 20, Deion 15 and D Thomas 5 bucks.

GEM MINT 10 graded by PSA- Thomas $250, Deion $800 Barry $1400, Aikman $750

EDIT- But the next grade down, a PSA9, they are selling for less than the grading cost (the Barry is maybe $125, grading is $100 a card right now but should settle back to $35 or so by the end of 2022)

1 Like

Niiiice.

Sealed Aurthenticated Factory set is about $350-400

So I need to send them to PSA or Beckett to have the boxes authenticated?

I bought them at a garage sale a few years back for $4 or $5 a box, the guy had cards everywhere.

1 Like

Send to BBCE. They are the box guys.

1 Like

Who is BBCE?
I googled and it’s saying Baseball Card Exchange in Indiana.

Yup, that’s them. 8% of value fee. 15% if u want rush and like everything they are probably crushed backed up.

Though, they just had a giant news story where Logan Paul bought a case of authenticated 1st edition Pokémon cards that they authenticated, for 3.5M

and it was full of GI Joe cards worth about $100…

So, they may not be as busy going forward.

3 Likes

Just heard that story today… although they specialize in sports cards so maybe Pokémon was not in their wheelhouse?

Regardless, loving this thread…

I had mostly hockey cards growing up, but I wish I could go back in time and buy a box of the 79-80 o pee chee cards that had Wayne Gretzky’s rookie card. I read one went for $3.75 million recently… the boxes start at auction around $40,000.

1 Like

He’s a stud already at 21 years old. Just wait until he gets some more experience and hits the weight room for a few years. Could be an NFL legend when it’s all said and done!

3 Likes