GB game is a must win game for me now

They are 1.5 games ahead of us already for the division title.

We win, we are still fighting them for first place the rest of the season assuming we match records then.

If we lose, we are then fighting all season for a WC birth and hope we keep winning and they stumble with one or two more losses.

After Sunday, we are either playin. To win the division or playing for a WC only …

Until proven otherwise, I am assuming GB, Bears and Viles will all be better than 8-8!

We must win this game if we want a legit shot at winning the Division this yr… IMHO…

4 Likes

They aren’t 1.5 games in front, not really. It’s comparing apples to oranges when we’ve had a bye week and they haven’t. And while winning that game would be nice (and any division game is very important), I don’t think the season is over if we lose.

We lose, we go to 2-2-1. Packers win, they go to 5-1. In order for us to take the division after that, we’d have to win three more games than the Packers the rest of the way. So for example, if the Packers finish 11-5, we could still be better than them at 11-4-1. Given the schedule, it’s entirely possible that we win three more games than the Packers from here on out, particularly since one of the games is a head-to-head at Ford Field.

Again, it’s always better if we win, but it’s certainly not the end of the world if we don’t.

4 Likes

Nah. It’s a game I desperately want to win, but it’s still too early to call it a must win for the division title. As long as we split with GB, we lose no ground to them.

We beat Philly. They lost to Philly.
They beat Dallas. We still have to play Dallas.
We lost to KC. They still have to play KC.

Lots of common opponents and 12 games left for us. 1 head to head game = just 1 win or 1 loss. All that matters is getting to 10 or 11 wins. There is no tie breaker, because we have a tie on our record. It doesn’t matter if we get hammered by GB as long as we find a way to win 8 more games.

1 Like

Damn near every single every year - “this is a must win!!!”

2 Likes

Agreed. Look at their upcoming schedule vs ours. We have played our toughest non-division opponents, for the most part (Raiders are better than I initially thought).
I think we’ll beat GB anyway, but it definitely wouldn’t be the end of the world, if we didn’t.

we battle and try to win every game or why bother to play, yeah we can beat GB IF we don’t let the damn refs in that game and shoot ourselves in the foot .

I have very little confidence in the refs not screwing this game up amongst other games. They are controlling the outcomes of games week in and week out. I watched multiple games this weekend and they were atrocious in each of them. It really is becoming hard to watch.

3 Likes

i agree with abject–we gotta ,must win against the packers–i think it will be a super close game at lambeau field–but we pull it off with a 2 or 3 point win—i hope

It’s not a must win. The KC loss does erode some margin for error but I now view Dallas as a very winnable game.

I think even with a loss @GB that we’re likely a 10-5- team if we can just hold home serve in the division. We can do better if we can win @Chi or beat Dallas @home. Need to win the extremely winnable road games (WAS, OAK, DEN.). If we can do that we’re in good shape for at least a WC. GB has three gimmes left and a lot of tough games.

1 Like

WWE referees are starting to have greater credibility.

1 Like

Winning the division, yes, it’s a must game.

Making the playoffs as a wildcard, probably not.

Psychologically, it would be a huge boost the team if they win the next two to improve to 4-1-1.

1 Like

If they want to win the division then the GB game is pretty close to a must win. Mathematically, the Lions could lose and still win it, but then you have to start looking for help from other teams to beat GB. Well, screw that, if you want the job then then do it yourself. MNF, national TV, if you want respect then EARN it.

Now, if all you want is to make the playoffs, fine. A loss in GB isn’t the end of the road for that. TBH, I think this team has yet to play their best football, still too many mistakes can kill you in this league, and a team like GB takes advantage of your mistakes and beats you. It was obvious in Dallas, the Cowboys played with the Packers pretty even except they effed up too many times. Well, the Lions can play GB even too, IF they don’t give 'em any breaks.

1 Like

I could definitely seeing GB losing at least 3 to KC, SD, SF and CAR. They also finish at Detroit and Minnesota. That puts them at 10-6.

1 Like

They are all must win! This team has a lot to prove. First, they have to figure out how to beat the Refs

2 Likes

I love the comments as they are more positive than not!! :thinking:

New feeling going on right now about our Lions!!

I want the division title!! That give us a home game!!

Thanks everyone for the inputs!! :heart::+1::upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Matt Stafford in his last three at Green Bay has a passer rating of 118.1. We get that Matt and I like our chances.

4 Likes

One positive: the Lions get to play the Packers while the weather is still decent instead of on the frozen Tundra.

3 Likes

This is what I would say regarding Division games as well. You can’t afford to lose any of them…from a confidence perspective and narrative perspective it is a must win because of it being on national television standing alone from the rest of the weekend’s games.

2 Likes

Here here. Too hard to take divisional games for granted this year. And it will be a semi-miserable year of catchup if we can’t sew up this one

2 Likes

We really need to string together six in a row, and it’s doable.

1 Like