GB game is a must win game for me now

We didn’t lose the Chiefs game because of the refs. You can watch every NFL game and watch the refs miss some pretty blatant calls. We lost the Chiefs game because Mahomes is a damn good QB who kept the last drive alive with his legs on several occasions.

they do, right along with the other teams,bc they make shit up on the fly during games.
how many examples of it have we seen now !?

Color me into the “Lions get the shit end of the stick most often” camp.

Yes, there are bad calls that go both ways every week. Level of flagrant obviousness, along with # of occurrences for both teams seems to have discrepancy, to me.

You won’t change my mind, and I won’t change yours…and that’s cool.

So I’ve been getting amped on this game and high on the Lions. And I’ve come into the must-win vibe with this game. Guilty. Which scares me at the place where I’ve been perpetually brought back to earth as a Lions fan. Just when you thought they were trending upward.

If the Lions don’t win, then what? -is what I’ve thought. Well, thinking about the year in quarters, we’ve won the first quarter, and played some tough teams. Most didn’t expect that. IF we lost this game, it’s STILL very possible, even likely, that we win the second quarter of the season. = We’d still be in a good place. We get the Packers once again and there’s still 4 other NFC N games ahead of us.

That said, we’ve run the gauntlet these first four games and this team should be mentally prepared for this game. In that respect, its really nice to be a fan of a tough NFL team. I’m not young, but that’s new for me as a Lions fan.

And one last p.s. - its nice to talk Lions with familiar faces again. I don’t get a lot of free time, but when I do, I spend time unravelling with the Lions. Good conversation here.

1 Like

It’s not a must win. We’d still be 2-2-1. It is however a rare opportunity. No Adams, no Savage and a chance to go go home to play Minnesota with a chance to put the division on notice in a way that we haven’t done for more than a quarter of a century. Definitely more important than your typical mid October game.

4 Likes

Not a “must” game, but certainly a “need” one. Winner gets an early foothold.

2 Likes

Right on Syd… I’m in the same camp. The way I see it every divisional game is a ‘need-to-win’ game, pretty much all conference games are close to that if you want a home playoff game. I’m sure the Patriots have that mentality, and I sure hope Matty P has brought that with him. Lots of room for this team to grow yet, but they seem to be trending in that direction

With Savage out, they better hope that Hock is out for this game too. Could be a big game for him if he does play. Savage was their best bet to cover him.

Redmond is a former CB and quite speedy so they have some depth at safety with coverage skills. But Savage is both extremely rangy in coverage and a heat seeking missile in pursuit so it is a big loss. Redmond is dealing with a shoulder issue well. Definite a precarious situation for Green Bay.

Totally Agree. Well stated!

A win to me is also further evidence that the team we are excited about…perhaps cautiously…is the team we are excited about. It’s fun as a fan to watch something good grow.

With Minny winning today - now the next two games are s must if we want the North title! We need to beat GB first!

for me if the bad calls in a game turn out to be a wash, ie being called on both teams, then i don’t feel like we’re getting shafted. we can go back for years and see how the lions have definitely gotten shafted over time but the only thing that’s relevant is the current year of play. this year i personally feel they’ve received some shit calls and also benefited from them where it’s turned out to be a wash. the play (or lack of it at certain times) on the field has been more important to the closeness of games then the refs this year.

i’ll be the first to admit if and when the lions get officially screwed this season. i just haven’t seen the one-sided poor officiating overall so far.

1 Like

my take on it is if you’re a good team, you don’t lose this game now so you have to be sweating out the season come week 16 and possibly waiting for the outcome of some other game / teams to determine your fate. if you can beat the pack now, you do it. your record is what it says it is. winning breeds confidence going forward and should make your life easier the rest of the season. it might even help you to take a risk in a later game in a season that you otherwise wouldn’t which for example helps you win home field advantage.

KC game was awful. I agree, as long as it’s not lopsided. KC was lopsided. They really impacted that game.