George Pickens to enter the draft

I think the Lions will have decent options at WR at both the Rams pick and with our 2nd rounder.

So depending on who’s on the board at 27 and 34 I’m hoping we go CB, and WR with those picks. I think that’s where the value will be. I’d consider DT and S over CB depending on what we do in FA.

Air, what do you think about Travon Walker as a DT at either the Rams pick or 34?

1 Like

He’s already torn his ACL and missed 13 games the past 2 seasons, that’s a real concern to me.

Super-torn on it. My instinct goes directly inline with what you say here. I mostly agree. Then, I started thinking “How many ppl chosen above SunGod will be nowhere near as good as him?” Now I’m starting to think “What if we go WR at 27 AND took another WR in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th round?” LOL. My self talk…I’ll sit with it and figure out if I can trust it or not, then get back to you. Fun to think about.

Not a fan of olave; however I do like burke

I like Walker he’d be a nice addition to what we have. He’s capable of playing both the 3T and 5T.

I like DL like him who are aggressive with their hands. He’d be a real asset on obvious passing downs.

My only concerns are he’s a tad small for a 3 down DT or an IDL. Which could be a concern with the run defense. And he gets a little lost and tied up by blockers which hurt his ability to move laterally. I’d like to think with an NFL conditioning program that he could overcome that. However that’s where we are at with Levi too.

I like him. I wouldn’t be disappointed if we got him. He’d be an upgrade for our DL. Especially as a pass rushing DT. But I honestly think we need run stuffers and true edge guys more than a 3T/5T type.

1 Like

Appreciate this input, man. DT is of major concern to me.

1 Like

I watched him throw around Michigan’s O line like they weren’t 300 pounds. His raw power is very impressive. I’d give you a direct highlight video to watch but there doesn’t really seem to be one for him. Late 1st/Early 2nd grade. You’d like him knowing how you are.

1 Like

I like Treylon Burks better too, but I think he’ll be gone by the Rams pick. Olave gets separation, catches well, and give Goff clear targets. I’d be fine with Chris Olave at #24 if Lloyd and Burks are gone by then.

Picking at 34 gives us a lot of options. If there are a cluster of good WRs available at 27 but we aren’t feeling the value there then punt until day 2.

1 Like

And it allows us to take BPA at 27 without worrying about WR.

Jacksonville might very well go WR at 33 though, especially if they don’t go Edge at the top.

1 Like

As could GB. In my scenario I’m presupposing there are several guys that we like but don@5 love. Let’s say Pickens, Bell and Olave are all there. I could see the appeal of grabbing a second or third level defender and then going WR with the next pick.

Think that the receiver class has been complicated by the injury to Jameson Williams. It’s probably made WIlson, Burks, Olave and London less likely to be available for the Rams pick. It’s possibly also put Williams more alongside Dotson, Pickens and Bell in that low 1st / top of 2nd conversation.

I disagree completely. Value wise I think the sweet spot in the draft this year is middle 2nd round early 3rd round. If we’re taking one with the Rams pick it’s probably one of Burks or London or Dotson or Olave as Wilson is probably off the board and I thought Williams would be gone but who knows now with the ACL so maybe one or two of those guys aren’t even available. I like all of those guys but now going into round two there should be guys like Ross, Bell, Tolbert, Doubs, Pickens. If Wen’Dale Robinson declares where does he go in that group? It’s just such a nice group that I’d have no problem with them waiting to get there guy in a deep class. Now if Lloyd or Dean are available with the Rams pick and and you can get a Safety like Battle or Brisker or Hill at the top of the 2nd then come away with WR Robinson or Tolbert or Bell (even if you have to move up into the 2nd round) that’s how you get value out of this draft and add elite talent to every level of the defense.

Edit: let’s remember we haven’t even mentioned guys like Austin, Metchie, Smith, Flowers who could all very well be available at the top of the 3rd round.

1 Like

If you’re taking Robinson then that means St. Brown is moving outside which IMO isn’t
a great idea.

I wonder if Jalen Tolbert is going to be on our team at the Senior Bowl.

Speed kills outside. With proper coaching having St. Brown on the field with Robinson or Flowers and Hockenson and Swift you get the most out of it. Tyreek Hill isn’t a slot receiver.

1 Like

I don’t believe Robinson is all that fast though. He’s in the 99th percentile in terms of quicks but he’s more like an upper 4.4s guy in the forty in all likelihood.

I definitely want a speedy WR. I’ve brought up Tyquan Thornton as a potential day 3 target with just that in mind. That would of course be in addition to a number 1 type either higher in the draft or in FA.

1 Like

He looks a lot like Cooks to me. He uses his speed well even if he’s not faster than you. Runs very smooth to me and has the shakes to create separation inside or out.