Glad we didn’t take a Malik at deuce

He’s apparently looking pretty bad in OTAs and can’t complete a pass to the left side of the field. The media really hyped this kid. How Lionsey would it have been to take a small school developmental QB over Hutch or Williams

10 Likes

The best thing to happen to Willis may truly end up being his fall in the draft. He should be afforded the time he needs to work on his craft and become his best.

That would have never happened if he was taken 2OA. The pressure to put him out there would have been tremendous. Now he came just continue to learn in the shadows.

10 Likes

Speaking of rookie passers peep how much smaller the guardian helmet makes Picketts petite paws appear

7 Likes

I don’t think he was a option at 2 all thou it would have been Lions like. But as a later pick to develop could be fine, he’s talented like most Ohio state QBs but he needs time to learn to read defenses. A rookie QB not lighting it up at OTAs is not a huge set back. He is in a good situation not to have to be rushed and settle in and learn for the first couple years. Then see what you have. I liked some things he could do on the field he’s like the Ohio State QBs that come in to the league and needs to just sit and learn and not see the field for a year or two

2 Likes

The_Leader_(Samuel_Sterns)

4 Likes

If only Lion’s fans were willing to evaluate Goff as harshly as they do other teams QBs.

3 Likes

Don’t think this has ever been brought up before…

8 Likes

I see that as a left field comment
Based on … nothing

2 Likes

Or even Matt Stafford, for some reason there’s a group here that Goff is a guy that does no wrong, even throwing the ball out of bounds on 4 th down twice was someone else fault.

4 Likes

2nd overall…

7 Likes

That would be a “duece” alright. Remember a couple of Densters that were hawking this.

2 Likes

Does anyone recall if during his pro day they didn’t have him passing to his left?

Goff didnt throw it out of bounds twice, thats fake news.

Some here see it as Stafford is the one who can do no wrong.
Stafford makes his own share of bone-headed plays as well.
Let’s not act like most QB’s don’t make some bad decisions from time to time.

4 Likes
1 Like

That would have been a Millen pick, for sure.

1 Like

LOL…Wow, those first two passes were horrendous, I mean like most highschool QB’s can throw those better.

3 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/qjw6bn/highlight_for_the_second_time_this_season_goff/

And thanks for proving my point.

3 Likes

Yup - he did do it twice. And that play was real bad.

Matt’s made some mistakes too.

I"m not surprised by any of the Willis stuff, at this point either. I don’t think anybody thought Willis was gonna come in and start. “Proving” something about Willis at this point…Meh. We won’t know for at least a year, probably 2.

As for the other 2 QBs, I speak to their energy. I think there are a ton of ways they can be statistically similar, for sure. Leadership energy is the biggest reason I prefer Matt → by a mile.

Also → Goff WILL improve in this department. I’m so thankful to finally have a chance to talk about this. LOL

Goff is not the problem.
Is he the answer though?
2 very different conversations.

Another conversation is → what is the goal?
If the goal is to win the SB, is Goff the answer?

I have my suspicions and reasons for those suspicions…but I don’t know any more than the rest of you.

I do know–> Dan will get his ceiling out of him, so we will find out.

4 Likes

The WR was 2 yards inside the 40 when the play started, then cut out and because Goff was pressured he threw it to that WR just as the receiver cut his route upfield and the ball flew out of bounds. Not any fault of the WR or Goff per se, they just weren’t on the same.

3 Likes

That Manningcast is going to be a life saver this year with Aikman and Buck working MNF.

10 Likes