Glad we didn’t take a Malik at deuce

Ok thanks, I remember Goff getting criticism’s for the first one but never saw anything about that 2nd one. Still looked like a miscommunication with the WR …but i could be wrong.

3 Likes

In the end it doesn’t really matter does it. It wouldn’t have changed anything. Let’s see how he does this season with an nfl caliber receiving corps around him instead of a group of practice squad guys. If he can’t get it done this year with a top 5 line and this group of weapons he’s not going to.

5 Likes

“Goff threw it out of bounds, twice.”
Every time I see that, I wonder, ‘would you rather he forced it and threw a pick?’
If it’s not there. It’s not there!
What do you expect when Kalif Raymond is your most experienced WR?
This fan base must have a lot of closet Christians, cause they believe in miracles greater than I do.

2 Likes

Yup - gonna be one or 2 years. I was under the impression that pretty much everyone knew that. Instead…we have “proof” of ____.
Meh. Nothing to lose sleep over.

Yes! That would be like a punt! I would much rather he forces it down field on 4th down.

6 Likes

It’s proof that taking him at two would have been a colossal mistake. The ‘not at two’ crowd was right and will always be right.

The ‘let’s get our QB in the third round’ crowd, might have something to hang their hat on though if Willis ever becomes a starter

Prospects that raw don’t turn into top tier starters very often. Teams just don’t have the practice time anymore to develop those kinds of players. Not with the starters taking 90% of reps.

3 Likes

Malik’s camp certainly had the media fooled into thinking Malik was a hot commodity. I read entire articles about how Mike Tomlin was deeply in love and taking him out to dinner, yada, yada, yada. Everyone bought into it except the NFL GMs. It’s pretty funny if you think about it. Hey, I was a fan of Paxton Lynch, so if that makes y’all feel better. Paxton was actually a good college QB though.

1 Like

I like Malik… and I never advocated for taking him at #2… and I found myself wanting them to draft Jamo when they traded up #12.

I’m not sure that anyone actually advocated for taking him at #2… especially if Hutch was on the board at #2.

Even when Willis slid and was available at #46… I didn’t expect the Lions to take him based on the trade up to get Jamo.
I was even OK with passing on him… because even though I still think Willis has the potential to be great down the road… they have shown they have a good plan with Goff in the fold.

I also think many of us who like Willis acknowledge that he will take time to develop… and if things don’t work out with Goff… there may be a possibility that a more pro ready QB is available in the next draft.

3 Likes

I thought for sure we were going to take Jordan Davis after we traded up. But happy with Jamo

2 Likes

He threw them away because he knew there would be a flag for throwing a second ball.

I was fearful of the safety and hoping for anyone else (except Malik). Was happy with Jamo.

Some posters were definitely ok with Malik at 2 (not that there is anything wrong with that).

3 Likes

Speaking of Jamo. This was my favorite moment of the draft, well other than when Jacksonville passed on Hutch. Bless this Packers fan’s heart, I enjoyed this video so much.

1 Like

Thought his first name was Undie? Just was in dire need of a correction here. Mouse concurs…

1 Like

Yup! Well stated, my man!

Something I had not considered, and haven’t seen mentioned. Good point.

I thought it’d be Willis or Davis. I remember when J-Will got hurt, and I IMMEDIATELY wondered if the Lions would take a chance on a dude like that falling, due to injury. For some reason, my mind pushed it out of play.

I am more than happy with J-Will. I would have been very happy with Davis too.

I really think both have a chance to be special. J-will is growing on my already. Can’t wait to se this dude, lace’em up and get to it!

1 Like

“Stafford energy?” that’s a new one. Matt made mistakes, threw too low, into coverage, took risks trying to thread the ball between defenders and got burnt, He hung onto the ball too long at times, or threw a WTF football once in a Blue moon to. but there was a ton of blame to go all over the franchise…and a lot of “same chit different season.” stuff to, 0ther players were wiffing on tackles, dropping footballs, running the wrong routes or the wrong plays, team was not in shape , our lines were getting broke into at every turn, some O-lineman were just BIG turnstiles , our defense blew chunks for numerous seasons, The pass protection was suspect and the staff was morons. not everything was Stafford made us lose.

1 Like

With that being said there’s a bust factor. I mean there’s a world where Willis becomes a dynamic starter where he’s using his legs and throwing bombs and winning games. There’s also a world where Willis doesn’t learn to read defenses and relies solely on his physical tools and throws a lot of picks.

I’m pretty neutral on this because I can see both sides of the coin when it comes to Willis. However way it goes someone’s eating crow it looks like lol

2 Likes

None of these things have anything to do with energy though, man.

2 Likes

I don’t care about comparison, blame, shame (crow-eating). I just see a guy who I firmly believe has a high likelihood of reaching his ceiling, because of how he is wired, and who he is as a man. I am completely aware that he is raw AF.

1 Like

just responding to Snags about the comment “what did Stafford energy ever get us?” shrug there was things Matt messed up, there were times other players messed up and there certainly was times our staff had no clue…unlike The Owners, that had no care.

1 Like