Glasgow signs

One less person to pine over now :heart::boom::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::innocent::crazy_face::sunglasses:

Seems our leaderships knows how to do this stuff super well?! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Guess:

4.5 signing bonus

Year 1: 2 million (2mil guaranteed)
Year 2: 5.5 million (3 mil guaranteed)
Year 3: 8 million

Cap hit this year 3.5
Cash Glasgow gets 6.5

He more than doubled up what he madelast year…each year.

4 Likes

Perfect deal for both sides, well done.

2 Likes

Yep. Got him for 1 year at 9.5 mil Guaranteed, which is where I wanted to see him signed, plus whatever else we get out of him in years 2 and 3. Perfect contract for a vet backup.

3 Likes

Love it - feels perfect!

2 Likes

Especially since we might lose Jonah, and going into the draft with no starting guards on the roster would have sucked. I’d like to take a guard who we can coach up instead of taking a guard because we have to.

2 Likes

I’d expect an 8 Mil-ish SB and a 1.5-ish salary in year 1. Since it’s guaranteed, use the cap for your benefit.

By the way, he earned this. Last year’s contribution was more than we could have hoped for.

2 Likes

We are. I’m assuming it’s basically a 2 year 12million dollar deal with the 3rd year as the “out” year.

2 Likes

shaving shave GIF

2 Likes

I have little doubt that Glasgow could have gotten more on the open market. This was the signing we all figured was a no brainer but surprisingly took right up until free agency to get done but glad it got done.

The biggest re-sign is done (Jonah was never realistic) so good to get that out of the way before free agency.

3 Likes

I guess that since I already had 9mil in mind for 2024, I’d consider next offseason as our out, if we want it.

Cash payments
1.5+8
Option

Cap charges of:
3.5 in 24
7.25 in 25
7.25 in 26
2 in 27

1 Like

Great deal!
$6.67M aav for glasgow vs jackson that would have been an estimated $11+m

Great deal!

Now its just B. jones thats the last 2023 player i would like to see return

2 Likes

Good start to the day.

6 Likes

Benito if we get him for 2 mil that’s 1 mil less than his tender and double what he made last year.

CJGJ & DPJ also the next 2 likely guys to be back.

Romeo could be gone, but then that means we need 3 DE to replace the 3 we lost this year

2 Likes

Benito would be a great deal.

CJGJ idk. I think hes gonna be too expensive for a depth safety.

DPJ could be for WR6 but i would like a better option for WR3/4

Romeo is definitely gone. But they only need 2 more DE.
They have Hutch, Paschael, Comish and Houston.

I see 1 FA 1 Draft.

1 Like

Awesome. Would be even more awesome if he lasts 3 years

2 Likes

CGJ should get reduced similar to Moseley but not as much. Maybe 4 mil per year? Or run it back at 6.

He’s a good 6th man in the secondary.

DPJ would be cheap, young and basically our WR3 also backup returner I think he’s up there with Benito for depth signing.

Romeo, Julian, Charles gone. Not a great draft for edge IMO.

1 Like

So glad GG resigned. Ok that’s 1 starter in that OL taken care of! Love me some Graham!

LGL!

1 Like

Julian got replaced by Houston.

DPJ would be WR 4 right now behind Williams, SG And Raymond. Yes theres not true WR X (other than Green) but DPJ aint all that either.

He COULD be back for cheap. But i dont think there will be a rush.

CJGJ i just thinks wants that big contract. Likely his last. He wants a 3+ year deal and lions aint gonna give him that

1 Like