Glasgow to test free agency

I’m losing faith in Bob Quinn. This deal should have been done months ago.

3 Likes

Yeah, the fact that they haven’t even begun talks is a bit of a head scratcher. Well, if we had a competent GM that is. Now tthat I think of it, it’s not a surprise.

5 Likes

I too want Graham back. He has started three positions for the Lions now (LOG, center and ROG). As we have our center of the future in Ragnow and we locked down Dahl (who played pretty well as the starter at LOG) I think Graham will get an offer. But I don’t think it will be for what he might want.

The Lions rotated Wiggins and Glasgow in 2019. With Graham getting the starts. The Lions will have a pretty solid idea about Graham’s talent level. I want Graham back but not at the expoense of a more important player.

The Lions have a number of guys to make happy. I want Kenny Golladay locked down early. I would like A’Shawn Robinson locked down. A’Shawn is 25 in March. I would like Slay extended. Then I would like Graham back. But I also want enough $ to try to help the club via free agency too if possible.

I would also like Danny Amendola back as I think Danny has at least one more season left.

If the Lions can do all of that in 2019 I will be pretty happy. I get Graham not being happy at not being extended early but such is football. If the Lions make him a solid offer I think he takes it in 2020.

1 Like

It is perplexing. Perhaps they have more pressing needs and paying top dollar for a Guard might not be what they can afford to do.

How can you afford not to at this point?
Unless they plan on drafting another OG in the first round, in which case, shoot me now.

1 Like

Certainly a guy that you could have had earlier for more of a hometown discount. Please don’t let him hit FA. With his positional versatility, and teams fighting it out, he’ll be getting Andrew Norwell money…

This is going to be another Warford situation, isn’t it? Just pay him what he’s worth FFS. He’s one of two above average starters on that line.

2 Likes

It’s going to be worse than Warford because Graham has been better than Warford was his last year here.

Larry left and became a pro bowler so Graham probably becomes a all pro.

2 Likes

Oh FFS. I can’t wait for the Quinn press conference after we lose Glasgow. “Durr, it’s not the Patriot way! Younger and cheaper!”

1 Like

Good for him.

1 Like

Wonder if he’s our number one option for the tag.

I have zero issues with this. Glasgow was 2nd in gaffs to Wagner.

1 Like

He’s allowed 0 sacks and only committed 3 penalties while being graded as one of the top guards in run blocking… We should be resigning him if they were smart

2 Likes

Those are not stats I can trust, especially when I’ve seen him totally caught standing still by a defender who instantly destroys the pocket. He is mobile and can get out and block, which is good, but it’s the gaffs on the line that makes him expendable.

3 Likes

We’re just a farm team.

2 Likes

Per some Press reports I’ve read, Lions are anticipating re-working the contracts of Decker & Ragnow soon,and may have decided to allocate financial resources ahead of Glascow. I read Glascow could expect to quadruple his salary from $2M in the open market. Quinn’s attitude may very well be, “Go for it, Glascow, if you can get it!”

Lions are also looking at re-working Golladay’s salary from $1M to $15–18M/yr. That is some serious coin!!..But that’s the going rate for a WR like Golladay. Unfortunately, if I’m Glascow, I’m not feeling much love from Quinn.The 3-headed monster at RG is not working, either.

By virtue of Stafford’s restructuring to free up additional $$ and the hot rumor the NFL Cap is going up by $13M in 2020, it will be a free-for-all at the opening of Free Agency in March 2020. Lions have approximately $47M + Staffords $4M + $13M NFL CAP raise, or $64M. That may sould like a lot, but there are several teams with a whole lot more to spend, if they so choose. Subtracting $15M for Golladay yields $49M, excluding any new contract for Slay and however that contract is written. Quinn’s got to be thinking what Decker is going to cost in 2021 forward, in addition, to picking up Decker’s 5th year option for 2020. In essence, I don’t think Quinn has as much $$ to play with in FA as some think. Hopefully, Quinn can acquire someone like KC DT Jones, allowing Quinn to re-direct draft decisions away from drafting DT Brown at #3. I expect AShawn & Daniels to be gone, too. Am sure the communication lines are open for Quinn & Glascow, who wants to stay here it appears. Maybe a hometown discount to sweeten the eventual deal??..Aboushi/Wiggins are not the answer short or long term.

GOALPOST

3 Likes

I think he’s as good as gone.

He probably wants to go to an organization that has a clue on how to win.

$$$ will be the end all but I think Quinn will do his smartest guy in the room thing and let him go and replace him with a mid rd G in the draft or give Beau Benschawl (sp) a shot next year

1 Like

Pay the man. He is young solid does not make mistakes and durable.

3 Likes

Yup.

This one is a real head scratcher for sure.

I lose more and more confidence in Quinn by the day.

1 Like

Just my opinion but the Larry Warford contract was a little rich for my blood for a guy that doesn’t really offer position flexibility and is good but not dominant. He also got hurt alot. He only had so many true injuries, but inbetween injuries he seemed to miss key series in games and things went to chit. The Saints have always allocated alot of resources at guard because they need it for Brees to be effective, so I get that part. Its already built into their budget. Flip it to Glasgow, and I am suddenly willing to spend that kind of money to keep him.

2 Likes