Glazer and Rapaport: Dan Campbell will be new HC

1 Like

Sigh. This was my least favorite option. I cannot help but feel this is Rod Marinelli all over again.

6 Likes

Uh oh.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Not a fan, but time will tell.

2 Likes

Well, I guess we all know Patricia was a terrible leader so hope it works out.

He better get some REALLY good coordinators with experience.

2 Likes

Yeah its gonna be Dan Campbell. This has spielman written all over it. He better have some damn good connections to land some phenomenal coordinators.

3 Likes

Campbell is the exact same guy as Spielman.

1 Like

I can pretty much guarantee Stafford is going nowhere now. Not a chance they stick two rookies as HC and GM with a rookie QB.

1 Like

:face_vomiting:

If true, I don’t see this ending well. It’s one thing to be the amped up guy when things are going well.
Things ain’t going well in Detroit.

I hope it works, but it sure seems unlikely to me.

Lol. I agree.

1 Like

I really liked Vrabel but was he highly coveted as a schemer and cordinator? I really don’t know, I don’t remember him as such…but he was known as a great leader and organized and someone players respected. This could work out. Who knows…but it could.

2 Likes

We’ll see, but it might also buy sone time for the Lions to interview Stokley. Or maybe I’m just wishful lol

1 Like

I’m conflicted.

I like Holmes and Campbell, but my #1 wish for the Lions this time around was to hire guys in both positions that had A) extensive experience and B) success during that experience.

These guys have neither.

I’m not excited about that part, but will keep an open mind and at least give these guys a season or two to do their thing before I straight up pan them or throw a temper tantrum. I do that after year 2 :joy:

6 Likes

That’s what I’m struggling with.

I’m starting to feel like Spielman just asked, “Which coach would I like to play for?” I think that’s a major problem. Spielman was a special player in days gone by. A lot of today’s players are prima donnas who need to be handled differently.

1 Like

If true I don’t like it, but I’ve been wrong on pretty much every coach we hired, so maybe that’s a good thing.

6 Likes

I’m fairly confident that you can tell if a coach will work or not after year 1. Guess we will see.

As I was with the GM hire, I believe the right formula can come from anywhere.

I thought Mariucci and Schwartz had sterling, ready-to-win resumes.

I thought Quinn and Patricia sounded like a home run.

So me (and you) panning these hires is pretty meaningless.

If they work, great. If they don’t, DON’T WAIT 4-PLUS YEARS TO MOVE ON.

13 Likes

That’s the key–DO NOT WAIT. We all knew Patricia wouldn’t work after year 1. It was blatantly obvious. If the same occurs, they need to send him packing ASAP.

Smells to me like Speilman is the defacto GM this hiring has him written all over it.Proably why we ended up with Holmes instead of Dodds or other top canidate.

1 Like