Glazer and Rapaport: Dan Campbell will be new HC

Here’s why I’m nervous:

4 years ago you bring in a guy with zero experience to be GM. Then you fire a HC with experience and bring in one with no experience. Total dumpster fire.

So you fire them both and do the EXACT same thing again? What sense does that make?

I’m really struggling with the philosophy behind the hires. I hope it works out and everything is great, but I would definitely bet against it at this point.

Ill support him if he hires great coordinators.

1 Like

I can get down with this if he can make it work.

1 Like

First time GM with a first time Head Coach, again?!?!

1 Like

I forgot the most obvious one.

Y’all like Marvin Lewis? Why not Marvin Lewis for DC?

That’s not an upgrade from what he’s doing now?

2 Likes

Hope Campbell and spielman both don’t get too emotional , both pad level coaches

I actually like this potential hire.

I was not in favor of Marvin Lewis at all - no knock on him but I just wasn’t thrilled with that option.

I think this is a needed culture change (again) and hopefully in a few years we will all be applauding this guy and this hire.

2 Likes

Definitely a possibility. That would be hella interesting.

HC: Dan Campbell
OC: Bevell
DC: Marvin Lewis

Would that make everyone on this board happy lol. You all got one of your guys.

2 Likes

If a former Lion from the 0-16 team wins as coach here, it’s a goddamn Disney special.

If not, it’s a predictable tragicomedy.

6 Likes

Sounds like we are handcuffing Stafford again. We’ve always wanted a competent run-game, but this doesn’t sound balanced to me at all.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m intrigued. Lewis or Bowles would have been a boring hire. I like that they are bringing in a highly energetic rally the troops type coach. It’s a huge risk but there’s upside here.

I don’t know. Depends on the OC, I guess. I thought Stafford did amazing with Bevell as HC. If he stayed, could be good.

Its already on ESPN front page. Its gonna happen.

The offense did play hard for Bevell. The defense will probably play hard and not quit for Lewis. Campbell will be there as the Rah Rah guy.

Sounds like the combo of all of them would result in a team playing tough football.

Sorry, im really trying here to get excited.

1 Like

I really hope Bevell comes back but he better replace Peterson with Swift. Swift is special and has potential to be a star.

2 Likes

His one year as a DC they literally had the worst defense in the NFL and if we are being honest their defense sucks now.

1 Like

Orlovsky still thinks Stafford should move on but he loves Campbell as a coach

1 Like

Detroit was expected to interview Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator Todd Bowles for its head-coaching position Friday, but the two sides decided to cancel the interview, NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo reported.

Yep, we’re done.

3 Likes

Lions are in desparate need of leadership from top to bottom. This is definitely the type of hire I expected from the start.
A couple of young, determined football minds with a HC who seems driven.

This definitely wasn’t my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice. But it’s a choice that does not suprise me if we’re looking to change the attitude of the front office as a whole.

Also just read a tweet that said Campbell has lots of connections around the league. Which could mean a long list of credible staff members to follow him.

No, he’s the Co-DC at ASU because he’s helping a friend. He’s doing what he loves… :roll_eyes:

I’ll say this, I like the experience level of the assistant coaches in N.O. way better than I do the Rams. I really like Staley and think he could be a next big thing kind of young coach. But if you go through the Saints staff outside of OC and DC there is a ton of talent IMO. Also, the run the ball, explosive pass philosophy of Campbell sounds a lot like… Darryl Bevell. Just sayin…

As to the Rapaport report, he did say that Bowles was supposed to come in for an interview, but that is off now. If that is true, it lends credence to Campbell. Or Staley if Holmes has a handshake agreement with him. We’ll see. Staley seems like the players coach and Campbell seems like a hard ass. Granted he’s a hard ass that doesn’t look like he lives on pizza and Big Macs like the last hard ass. So… better?