Goff a talent driven not a scheme driven QB

Don’t you get it, you’re wrong, the Rams would have won the Superbowl without Von and OBJ…

Mean Girls Halloween GIF

2 Likes

So…An NFL roster requires playmakers? Shocking!
Only Jack Fox can throw passes to himself. He’s so fast he’s always in danger of ineligible down field…has to wait for the ball to leave his hand fully, before he takes off running, because it’s hard to see what’s happening with the naked eye.

Of course it requires more than a guy or 2 to win a title, but make no mistake about it…Stafford was the main driver, as well as the main difference maker.
*Just an opinion, albeit a strong one. :wink:

No, they would’ve won it with Goff instead of Stafford. Just ask around. If anything Matt slowed them down. He probably caused the Woods injury by throwing the ball, uh, too hard, or, um, something.

1 Like

You almost have to fish that hard to come up with some of this “logic,” in drawing some of the conclusions we se on here. Wow.

Ee’rrbody who knowwz futbawwl knowz that Mathew Stafford is a Big, Hairy, American, Winnin’-Machine!

So the Rams go 7-1 or 7-2, Woods goes down, they lose 3 straight, OBJ gets up to speed by then and they go on to win the Superbowl.

Is that really the chronological order that happened?

Yeah it’s plainly obvious OBJ was why the Rams won the Super Bowl.

Causation and correlation are the same thing.

Try and keep up.

No, Goff was a hot mess at the beginning of the season, I dont think anyone would argue that…but I guess it was all on him and had nothing to do with McVay.

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

Odd take.

Me: Stafford helped Rams win it all. Good for him.
Them: OmG gEt tHe LoTiOn! HE nEeDeD aN aLl StAR cASt.

Me: Goff struggled the last three years, I sure hope he turns it arou—
Them: OmG diD hE waS liGhTsoUt in La, MCVEY sux, he’s ONe oF tHe ToP QBs OF aLl tiMEeeee!!! HE jUsT NeEDS mOrE WeApOnZ!!!

2 Likes

#1… IMO… Rams would not have won the Super Bowl with Goff.

#2… little surprised this hasn’t been mentioned before… but Stafford’s throw may have contributed to OBJ’s knee injury.

The ball was behind OBJ… and that led to him planting his left foot to reach back for it.

Nobody can say it “caused it”… because the ACL could have gone the very next time he made a cut. Just thought it was interesting that it hasn’t come up before… considering the magnifying glass that exists here.

It was brought up here, but thankfully never gained traction. If ACL tears happened every time a QB threw the ball behind a receiver, the position would be eliminated from the game by now.

2 Likes

I think they could have won the Superbowl with Goff…but they probably never made it there with him.

1 Like

lol. its what I see too. hilarious

1 Like

That’s fantastic. Gone from “fishing,” to “DEEEEEP SEA fishing.”

OBJ must hate Stafford now.

1 Like

there’s no fishing here brother.

I already said… in this thread… that Stafford was the Ram’s MVP. THE most important player to their success.

I also will make it clear… I do not believe a QB throwing a crossing route slighlty behind a WR is not a “fault” to point blame on…. but was more of an observation into the weird obsession to assign blame that often occurs. OBJ could have planted that leg on any play and had the same result.

I just point out the angles that can be considered… because the Rams didnt win a Super Bowl strictly based on swapping Stafford for Goff…… and the Rams struggles with Goff also had significant factors invloved beyond Gurley’s decline (Cooks had concussions, Whitworth missed 1/2 a year, Kupp missed 1/2 a year, Sullivan retired, Saffold left as UFA, etc).

Bottom line…

Stafford was great with the Lions… and it didn’t even result with playoffs most years. It obviously takes a ton of help around even a great QB to make a run at the Super Bowl. QB is crazy important… but definitely not the only factor.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarification, man. My fault on lazy (fast)reading, and not enough presence. I should pay closer attention or not answer (just read).

SO true.

1 Like

Genuinely curious: who on this board has said Goff is better than Stafford? I don’t read every post, certainly, but I’ve never seen anyone say that. I’ve written that Goff has a higher ceiling than Stafford (and I imagine even that strikes many here as blasphemous), which is a different thing.

Anyhooo… just curious.

1 Like

Can’t remember which thread it was in, but definitely saw it today. I’m too lazy to look it up, so you get to make a judgement call on wether you think I’m lying or not. :wink:

I think it does too. BUT, I will say, if our guys protect Goff well enough (which I think they will, Goff is better at the mid to underneath stuff), which could make him a better fit if our team is a top 3 OL in the NFL. Goff is precision with passing when given time.

Main reason I like Matt better is like him better as a leader. I like a tough guy over a cerebral guy. If you are in the NFL, you have both, but it’s varying levels…and I like Matt’s leadership style a lot more.

Doesn’t mean I’m right…it just means that’s what I think.

Over the years it has been discussed. Mostly during the first few years of the McVay regime. You might see a qb top 15 and see Goff ahead of Stafford or a person say they’d take Goff over stafford. It’s been a casual conversation spanning at least 5 years….it’s not an in your face conversation and it really hasn’t been talked about in the last 12-18 months given how things ended w Goff in La and how stafford has been playing in LA.

1 Like

Stafford wasn’t the problem in Detroit, he WAS good-enough “with the right help” to take the Lions far, unfortunately…our owners and so-called “leaders” along the way…had no idea wtf they were doing and could not build lines correctly so said O & D lines , ran efficiently. bad enough the treated our best players like they were expendable and not important. IF Matt had this staff and this roster , he would make noise !

completely not wanting to make ANY Stafford thread !!!

1 Like