Goff deep ball

Goff has been bad with deep ball all year. Hard to evaluate Chark because of it. Will Jamo be wasted with a noodle arm QB?

1 Like

Here is the play.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1595881027532386305?s=46&t=wc6jLuU_XnagfeMglKFUzw

1 Like

Pretty sure that Amon is read 1 and Chark’s role is to clear out that side of
the field for the Sun God.

Ouch…Wright was wide open

4 Likes

I think that’s Zylstra, but that was after the ball was thrown

2 Likes

Who are our deep ball WR’s again?

2 Likes

Both he and Raymond were but there was pressure. Josh Allen would habe anticipated that and lofted it to Zylstra though. Chark was clearly the wrong read though.

The elephant in the room is simply Goff and pressure.

7 Likes

With all the options available and in reality two that could have likely produced TD’s I am not sure I can hate the call…I do however hate the execution.

That play could have easily netted is 7 and put us in a position to win so how is it a bad call?

2 Likes

We need to draft a qb

1 Like

Any QB in the league will say pressure from the middle is the hardest to deal with. Our guards were getting abused

When they played Stafford this year he threw three picks with a 63 RTG. Goff was well above the average QBR the Bills have been holding QBs to this year. Even Mahomes had two picks in a loss with an 85 RTG

There’s valid criticisms of Goffs game but some people here oddly complain rigorous of anything less than perfection. And no QB is perfect

7 Likes

Josh Allen could’ve just thrown out to whomever Will Harris was covering. Goff didn’t have that luxury.

5 Likes

This is the correct answer

1 Like

Not at all, nobody is perfect. And in fairness Goff is a perfectly acceptable bottom 1/3rd of the league starter. Too good to be a back up, not good enough to truly be a contender when he’s the number one. There’s nothing wrong with that, he’s still a pretty solid QB. It’s just not who I’d tie my rebuild too in an ideal world.

2 Likes

Literally any and every option was open except Chark. Even then if he throws a good ball something good can happen. When you see Goff fail THIS miserably against the blitz - no wonder teams are coming after him all the time. He panics and loses his reads and becomes wildly inconsistent and his already bad pocket awareness gets to the point of being a statue

1 Like

Well statistically and realistically he’s a top 3rd of the league starter. Good enough to truly be a contender. There’s nothing wrong with that. You’re welcome to feelings and impressions but that doesn’t make it true

4 Likes

Sean McVay and I disagree with you, and that’s ok.

1 Like

I mean Goff outplayed Allen today behind two practice squad guards against a top five defense. Allen threw a pick and almost another to the worst linebacker on the worst defense in the league.

So Goff is garbage and we need a rookie project QB to win

2 Likes

that tracks. both your take and McVeys performance this year strike me as being quite similar

1 Like

Maybe. But ww saw time and again where Josh Allen understood spacing and lofted the ball into to open foeld and allowed his player to run under it. To
Hit Zylstra that’s what have needed to happen given the rush.

I still think St. was the right read. He had a step. He’s our best weapon.

1 Like

Did he? He had better numbers but when the chips were all in, Allen was the one that made the winning plays where as Goff struggled.

3 Likes