Goff deep ball

Allen made the winning plays. against the vaunted Lions defense. That’s why I pick Anderson if I can

The defending Super Bowl champion coach ain’t got nothing on some random Detroit slappy named TNutZz on a Lions message board :joy:

I hope Christen Harper hangs on Goff’s nuts as much as some of the slappies do holy smokes

The fact of the matter is that Jared just struggles with pressure. Once Leslie Fraxer decided, “fck it , I’m bringing the house every play”, JG’s performance fell off a cliff.

Both Boomer Esiason and Tony Romo, good QBs in their own right, blame Goff for that play–even with pressure.

Stats show Goff is terribly inaccurate on throws beyond 20 yards. It just isnt his play, which is why I was puzzled at the call.

4 Likes

Anyone with an ounce of objectivity can see this. Overall Goff did fine. Outside of the occasional back breaking turnover (which he tried again today - we all saw that terrible throw despite the Bills defender dropping it) Goff isn’t going to lose you games. He’s a fine game manager. But the elite QBs can go win you games. Goff lacks that ability and even a hobbled, injured Josh Allen can still do at

2 Likes

That last incompletion to Chark is why. Literally every other option is an easy first down. But Goff gets totally rattled by the pressure.

In fairness I do want to add that I think this coaching staff is aware that to get the most out of Goff you need to build a wall around them. They’ve tried to do that. But the 5th and 6th string guards just aren’t up to the challenge. It’s great that the lions projected starting 5 is/was good - but they need way more depth if they are going to build around Goff.

1 Like

I’d love to see those plays with actual downfield receivers. Chark has been off or hurt all year. Reynolds is a fine WR4. Amon Ra is a slant weapon.

Get a good receiver who can track the ball and high point a catch and things will change.

I’m not seeing any QB that is going to have better success behind practice squad guards throwing to our corps. This fantasy that an elite QB can manufacture wins and make everyone better doesnt look so great when you look at Rodgers and Stafford this year. Buffalo has the 5th best defense in the league and made Stafford and Mahomes look like garbage

1 Like

He’s a lot more then a slant weapon. Don’t see him running a ton of slants to be honest.

2 Likes

He’s gotta be able to hit him…that’s for sure

1 Like

Looked liked Chark didnt track the ball or lost it? Thats what MCDC said when asked about that play after the game

But why such a low percentage throw in the first place.

2 Likes

Goff is the 2nd most blitzed QB in the league (I think that’s what they said today anyways), odd that he has any success at all if he sucks under pressure and he’s blitzed all the time.

It seems like ARSB is the only guy who can get open when there’s a hot read.
I think it’s a mix of Goff and WR’s that can’t get open.
Chark and Reynolds are pretty much non-existent. If I’m a DC playing the Lions, I’m doubling ARSB and that pretty much shuts our offense down.

2 Likes

Do you think Goff is good under pressure?

2 Likes

Did have a step but so many things can go wrong on a route like that.

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s as bad as some try to make him to be.
Most QB’s aren’t good with a man in their face. He missed on a few throws today, the one to Swift on the out and in the flat come to mind. The one to Chark seemed to be on the money if Chark looked the other way or adjusted to the ball. If Chark catches that pass, are we even having this discussion?

Is Goff any better or worse than the rest of the QB’s in the NFL?..Idk?
Allen sucked in most of the 2nd half today and he’s got way better WR’s than Goff has.

3 Likes

But how is that the wrong read when Chark was open?

Here’s when the pass left his hand, who should he have thrown it to instead?

2 Likes

That is the elephant in the room…

So give Goff his 3rd string LG and RG… take away our #1 WR threat, trade away our TE1, and we are 3 points away from a top 3 team in the NFL?

I guess Goff dominating the NCAA, being the #1 pick (traded up for) a pro bowler, an MVP candidate, a SB participants is all wrong.

If Goff minus 3-4 key guys and a bottom 20 defense is within a last minute FG of Buffalo,
The. What do you want?

2 Likes

BC the likelihood of us connecting on that play is so much lower than hitting St. on the crosser. Badgley made the kick but the idea of leaving him with a 51 yarder is a problem. Hit St. and take a timeout. One shot at the end zone and then a forty yard field goal and go to overtime.

1 Like

I guess you didn’t watch Sonny Dykes era Cal much I guess.

We have a young and improving bottom 12 talent roster….

We were within a FG of a top QB led top 3 team in the league.

2 Likes