Goffs presser today - last answer is awsome!

A walking, talking and throwing contradiction!’ :crazy_face::upside_down_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::flushed::+1::heart::pray:

I’m hoping for the best from Goff and I also wish there was some kind of weird situation where Stafford could play well in LA but the Rams lose. In the end I think the hardest thing for fans is going to be avoiding comparisons of the players directly (one was valued at two 1sts and a 3rd better) and avoiding compared a fixed and completed product in Stafford to a kid who is literally the same age and experience as when Stafford got “fixed” and became who he is today.

So even in a direct comparison (which we aren’t supposed to be doing) the correct view is 2021 Goff vs 2014 Stafford.

7 Likes

That has been my take all along. And Matt made sure we got value for him leaving.

Call me insane… the Rams pick next year will be higher than the lions. My crazy prediction.

My favorite flavor of Gatorade kool aid is orange. I’m drinking the orange Gatorade

None of this makes sense but it doesn’t have to.

Lions will pick lower than the Rams.

1 Like

Lol - as long as it’s not Ram with the number one and Lions number two!! :flushed:

1 Like

I can’t see it from an officiating standpoint. The Rams are going to get a call here and there while the Lions are going to get really chit calls here and there. Even if we could play in an alternate universe where everything was equal and we played the same equal teams…the Rams would end up with 2-4 more wins just based on the way the game is officiated. So the Lions have to literally be 3-5 games better than the Rams just to overcome the officiating and finish with a better record…all things being equal

3 Likes

Not beyond a possibility for sure.

Success is so much more fragile than most realize, and climbing from the cellar to the NFL penthouse could happen in a single year.

They’ve lost Brockers, S Ebukam, M Fox, T Hill and J Johnson in free agency on D. That’s 15.5 sacks and 4 ints

They lost Everett, Reynolds, M Brown and I believe their RG Blythe on offense.

Whitworth is 40, Stafford 33, Donald 30, Floyd 29 (1 year left), and Woods and Kupp are 28 and 29…

J Fuller and C Akers are they only 2 studs under 26 years old. Even Ramsey turns 27 this year.

An injury to Stafford, Woods, Whitworth, Donald or Ramsey…? Then what!

2 Likes

plus Stafford is in a better place to play now he doesn’t have moron HC’s & GM’s doing a lot more stupid shit than he ever has.

I’m not as high on McVay as a lot of people are. If Goff is as good as we think he could be it means McVay isn’t as great of a coach.

2 Likes

Then we can trade down with ourselves for more magic beans right?.. wait… what?..lol

2 Likes

Stafford backers are sick puppies

1 Like

we haven’t had “great coaches” in Detroit either.

When Campbell introduced Sewell I was surprised that he didn’t look that big in comparison. I think the Rams drafted Tutu Atwell to make McVay look like a big man.

5 Likes

Well Campbell is 6’5” so I think that’s right where Sewell is, but yeah Sewell is thick and well proportioned.

1 Like

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

6 Likes

Lions QB Jared Goff described OC Anthony Lynn’s offense as “multiple with spread principles.”
Detroit arguably has no choice but to lean on spread concepts after exclusively poaching downfield targets — Breshad Perriman, Tyrell Williams, Kalif Raymond — in free agency. Fourth-rounder Amon-Ra St. Brown logically has a leg up in the slot since that’s where he flourished (77/1,042/6) with Southern California in 2019 before underwhelming from the boundary in his final year. It’s admittedly an odd approach since Goff wasn’t asked to make plays over the top at any point with the Rams. Fantasy players should remain wary of the Lions’ play-calling as the team can only “bite kneecaps” in the trenches for so long before trailing each and every week.

1 Like

That may have been true in 2020, but before that and in college Goff was an excellent deep ball thrower.

3 Likes

Lol yeah that above statement is just so false.

2 Likes

Yes, Goff didn’t have a true deep threat on the Rams in 2020 - no receivers under 4.5 speed. Also lost his only speed receiver in 2019 (Watkins I think) for much of the season. Also didn’t have much of a running game either year. As a result the last two years the Rams have been a dink and dunk team, but prior to that Goff not only played the deep ball game, I believe he was very good at it.

Here is a quote from an article I found with a quick google search:

In 2018, Goff had the best completion percentage in the entire NFL on passes over 20 air yards. Goff had the 4th best accuracy between 20 and 30 yards among QBs with at least 20 attempts. He was 10th best on throws over 30 yards among QBs with at least 20 attempts. He was 4th best on clean pocket throws for QBs with at least 20 attempts and 5th best on tight window deep throws. So, in a wide variety of measurements, Goff was a top 10 deep ball passer in 2018.

And I found this:

4 Likes

Dude is catatonic in an interview. I think he might have Jay Cutler beat.