Goffs presser today - last answer is awsome!

Goff has a chill California vibe. Cutler had more of a resting bitchface vibe.

7 Likes

From the Turf Show Times:

“His Cal highlights are littered with deep passes out of shotgun formation. So, why doesn’t the Ram offense feature these types of plays more often? It is an odd strategy to force a pocket passing QB with a strong arm, but limited mobility into a West Coast system. Regardless, that question is beyond the scope of what I want to focus on right now, and I don’t want to get sidetracked.”

Maybe much more shotgun is part of the plan?

1 Like

I like him.

Will be fun to see how he handles getting jobbed in the rear by the refs against GB twice a year, plus whichever other “playoff” teams need that extra win (KC, etc).

Everyone is cocky until they face the refs as a Detroit sports team. Needing to be mentally tough is an understatement.

1 Like

Whoever writes those snippets for Rotoworld has been anti Lions for quite some time now. Must be a Packer fan.

1 Like

Yeah the Lions have been so great over last 3 years. They had to be wrong on anything negitive.

This is what I hate about some people that are associated with sports. They don’t actually know what they are talking about. What this clown did was look at St. Browns overall stats from 2019 and compared them to the overall stats for 2020. He clearly didn’t watch any film or even take the time to do any math based on the fact that the season was shortened so they played less than half the games they did in 2019. If he took 2 seconds to do any research whatsoever, he would realize that St. Brown had identical yards per game, had more catches per game and had twice as many TD catches per game.

So basically what this clown see’s is this:
2019 - 77 rec…1,042 yds…6 TD
2020 - 41 rec…478 yds…7 TD

But he doesn’t take 2 seconds to think about one season being 13 games and the other season being 6 games. So if you make it apples to apples, you get this:
2019 - 77 rec…1,042 yds…6 TD
2020 - 89 rec…1,035 yds…15 TD

10 Likes

1k likes

A little off topic, but is anyone else tired of the media editor over at Lions HQ?

2.5 minute video header
6 minute video footer

It constantly changes.

5 seconds, 10 seconds tops would get it done…

Stop with the madness, just chop it and play the damn interview!!!

1 Like

That first article is a good one! Thanks’!!

This thread has been overwhelmingly pro Goff and dismissive of Stafford. I love it. Whether it is true or not, the mindset needs to be that Goff is our guy, so that makes him ‘the guy.’

All Stafford slappies need to buy a new fan boy jersey and go over to the Rams board, where, hopefully they are doing the same thing for him.

2 Likes

It seems that some Lions fans have adopted the attitude of abused women who often move from one abusive relationship straight into another because of its familiarity. To lose year after year with Stafford and still want more of the same is a loser mentality that can become addictive. It seems that they now want Goff to fail just to feel comfortable with the old familiar losing ways. In each and every full season with the Rams, Goff has led them to winning seasons in addition to playoff wins and a Super Bowl close loss. It’s like night and day. Let’s hope Goff leads the Lions to their first winning season in ? years and starts to reverse the expectations of its players and fans.

2 Likes

I want matt stafford to win a championship with the rams… but not until 2024. Until then last place finishes please for those rams

2 Likes

How much do teams give-up on draft day to move up a spot or two in the top 10 to get their QB? That’s essentially what the Rams did and had to overpay, it’s not like Stafford is 2.5 times better (or whatever the draft compensation would lead you to believe). Stafford has a little better arm…and that’s it. Nothing else he does is any better.

2 Likes

Does McVay have a “Napolean complex”???

Shoot Minions GIF

2 Likes

Simce most of that Rotoworld garbage of an article has already been trashed appropriately by @wesleysh21 and @Mufasa and @Sofatso … I’ll take 1 more shot at it.

The premise that Lions signings of WRs with deep speed is “an odd approach”???

1st… the Rams spent the entire offseason admitting that they needed more speed at WR!

They let 26yo Josh Reynolds leave without even trying to sign him, and paid 34 yo (will be 35 in Dec) Desean Jackson more money. Then they spent a 2nd round pick on a player small enough to make weight in Pop Warner football because they wanted deep speed.

It sure as heck wasn’t Goff’s fault his team didn’t have any speed at WR in the past 2 years.

2nd… Anthony Lynn and the Chargers offense has consistently featured deep threats that help open the middle of field and underneath routes!

Going back as far as V-Jax and Malcolm Floyd… then to Tyrell Williams and Travis Benjamin… and now Mike Williams and young speedsters Tyron Johnson and Jalen Guyton.

The deep shots were taken enough to keep safeties honest.

And then Keenan Allen, the TEs, and the RBs racked up the majority of targets on short and intermediate routes.

I can’t predict Amon-Ra will be anything near Keenan Allen… but has potential of his own.
We have the TE and RBs already.

Seems like Holmes, Campbell, and Lynn had a plan to me.

7 Likes

Maybe. I def don’t see this guy biting kneecaps anytime soon. Maybe with fava beans and a nice chianti. #americanpsychovibe

1 Like

Word! Goff is our guy, I think for the future too (not at all a bandaid). Rooting for him just as hard as I used to root for Stafford.

That feels like the dream scenario for me too, except for one thing…we’ll be competitive by then. LOL. Instead, I want us to knock them out of the playoffs.

2 Likes

It’s beyond that…and been going on longer than three years.

Been watching Sean McVay a long time out here on the WC. He is a genius offensive play caller and schemer but as a game strategist he has multiple failures in high profile situations that raise questions about his end game ability. Also he has the “too involved with his qb” jon gruden dynamic whereby he can’t decide if he is an offensive coordinator or quarterback whisperer. The fact that he threw Goff to the curb so easily after investing so much personal faith in him has to have him questioning his own coaching abilities. I think Rams flame out again in crunch time this year and the wheels come off the McVay train. Not sure what Goff will do because his recieving corps is a question and the offensive system seems generic but i cant really get a fix on it because i am so busy lowering my expectations.

4 Likes

Great Post Cynodon! I’m rooting for Goff. He has been very good and successful his whole career. I see him rising to the occasion. He fits right in Detroit vs. Everybody.

4 Likes