Golladay signs with Giants

His agent, Todd France, one of the best in the game. If I had to pick an agent, he’d be my guy. Good for Kenny.

2 Likes

I’m wrong all the time! Once again, here! Happy for KG. Hope he crushes it this year

2 Likes

Golladay and Dupree are the only two players garnering a 3rd round compensatory pick at this point.

1 Like

I was guilty of that for sure. I thought he milked his injury last year and that’s just my gut. So that influences my thoughts on the matter. We’ll never know for sure either way. On the field, he’s a #1 type guy when healthy, but I do think he has the particular game where he will take a lot of exposed shots from defenders and the ground, because he uses his body to create space, not routes/explosion. Bad combo for me when the price was north of 18M for us. Onward!

Shocked he got that much after Juju took 1 year @ 8 million, good for the comp picks though for us. The Giants must have been pleased with his medical.

I always thought he would get paid once Robinson and Godwin got tagged but when I saw France was his agent I was willing to bet money on it

1 Like

There were suggestions online that the Patriot connection (HC Judge) would prevent this from happening.

Damn, Kenny can hand feed me that crow any time he’d like. I can’t believe that deal.

Good for him. Risky for Giants.

2 Likes

Juju never had the production Kenny had as a #1.

JuJu’s production went down the more the Steelers threw the ball and the less talent that surrounded him.

And the numbers of the new media contract.

Is it just me or does this have the feeling of a Bob Quinn signing from yesteryear?

2 Likes

Kenny might be slightly overpaid but Quinn gave out contracts that were historically unprecedented.

Justin Coleman was the highest paid slot in the NFL

Trey Flowers still has the largest contract for a dlineman who’s never had a 10 sack season in NFL history.

And Big V has never had elite production but got a comparable contract to what Kenny just got.

I mean in the sense of a desperate GM who’s on thin ice making a massive deal that probably won’t age great.

2 Likes

I don’t think Kenny will be a replacement level player while there’s any guaranteed money on that deal.

However you feel about how much he got paid it’s not debatable in my opinion that he’s a good player if he’s on the field.

Quinn gave away top of the market deals to guys who were injury prone and mediocre.

I thought he’d get more than some on here thought but I definitely didn’t think he’d be getting 18m per.

Yep. Next best was Cincy at 1 year for 11 or something. Gettleman shit down his own leg big time.

Great for the Lions though. I’ll take the third rounder all day.

1 Like

If the Lions don’t screw it up, that contract is a virtual lock for a 3d Rd comp pick in 2022.

1 Like

I don’t know if there’s a free agent that can mess it up that’s still on the market

1 Like

They’ll also have to soon decide if Daniel Jones is their guy long term. Makes some sense to give him the weapons he needs.

1 Like

But you couldn’t say that if Quinn was still GM. :rofl:

3 Likes