Golladay signs with Giants

That too.

This is the top of the market, given the current climate we’re all in, and I’d certainly say KG’s hip injury is a real concern. So yea, like I said, this has Quinn written all over it. It could just be me but I don’t think anyone in the NFL gives this contract other than a desperate Dave Gettleman.

So as of now the Lions have a 3rd round compensatory selection and two fifths, right?

This is pure speculation but the fact Judge likely knows Patricia and Quinn and Kenny spent so much time in New York “answering” about what happened in Detroit tells me Kenny milked that injury last year.

Hip is probably fine.

It also tells me people who worked with Patricia know how bad he was lol

1 Like

Oooh, that would be good four our 4th round pick too then.

Maybe. But that dude lands on that hip A LOT. It feels like every catch he’s on the ground. It’s like a tall RB with an upright running style - playing style matters. Just me tho.

1 Like

Suh was the heart of the defense when he was here. After he left our defense collapsed. KG wasn’t even the top player on our offense, that was Stafford. Mix in the fact that he was routinely “unavailable”. So to answer your question he’s just another FA leaving. Prater leaving could potentially hurt us more then KG.

Prater, Golladay and Stafford tho? In the same offseason? Ouch. That’s a lot of hits for any franchise to take.

So far, it looks that way:

|Detroit Lions|
|CFAs Lost: 5|CFAs Gained: 2|

|Name|Rd|APY|#|Name|Rd|APY|#|

|Kenny Golladay|3|$18.0M|54||
|Jarrad Davis|5|$7.0M|263||
|Marvin Jones|5|$6.3M|266||
|Jamal Agnew|6|$4.8M|422|------------- Jamaal Williams|6|$3.8M|431|
|Matt Prater|6|$3.3M|446|---------------- Breshad Perriman|7|$3.0M|521|

1 Like

Yes . . .

Nick at OTC does a great job tracking comp picks.

4 Likes

My bad, I didn’t phrase that right. I didn’t mean impact to the team, I meant how good the player was, or I guess what kind of contract was given out to that player.

Man the Lions currently look like they’ll have 2 first rounders, 2 third rounders and 3 fifth rounders next year. That’s the kind of draft where you build your team!

3 Likes

UFAs signed who don’t factor in:

Randy Bullock–K
Tim Boyle–QB
Charles Harris–DE (probably)

UFAs lost who don’t factor in:

Oday Aboushi–OG
Reggie Ragland–LB (probably)
Miles Killebrew–S (probably)

1 Like

That is fantastic draft capital for the 2022 draft. You never know, we could even trade some of those picks for more picks in the 2021 draft. Tons of options available now.

Good for Kenny. I like the guy and hope he becomes a star player, and that when we play the Giants we kick their asses and his too.

Yea this is probably a separate topic, but by my count the Lions have 10 draft picks for next year currently. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them burn one to add another 2021 pick for sure

1 Like

I still think we hope to trade down with a QB needy team.

1 Like

Not bad, a 3rd round pick cheap for 4 years and then get a 3rd round pick for him.

4 Likes

Yes, but…
There are several 3rds handed out for minority advancement.

Do you think we’re looking for a KG type in the draft? If so I nominate Seth Williams. Not that he’s my fatigue WR in the draft he just seems very KG like.