Good Job Bob

Yeah…only one of those guys made the team better. One went from a team with no wins to a team that contended for playoffs. The others: Took their team from playoff contending teams to top 5 picks. But hey…prospective!

2 Likes

So we’re not going to accept any excuses for a lack of success this season. Right? Right?

(I feel like this is how I spend most of my days here now. Desperately trying to get a disturbingly large section of the fan base to stop making excuses for the quarterback/coach/GM/team’s annual failures.)

2 Likes

Somebody has not been Lionized…yet…

1 Like

The Haters vs Supporters on this site is a lot like Democrats vs Republicans.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, is going to be dislodged from their trench during the offseason. You can type as much logic as you want.

Talk to me in early December … if we are making a playoff run, I would be looking at getting on board with BQ. Younger team, cap sitch looks good, and overhaul is starting to make sense.

If we are following the trend of 9-7 … 7-9 … 3-12-1 … and sitting at 4-9 or something, it will be time for BQ to go. Overhauls don’t need to take 4-5 years.

So for me personally, I’m holding off on the verbal flame-throwing until we have a fairly concrete picture of this season.

2 Likes

Till we win. He does not get a good job Bob

When QUINN calls the league and is assured lions can get a fair shake from the refs. Lions will win the division and playoff games. Until this happens lions will struggle to even sniff the playoffs.

Yes, it’s the refs fault that our d-line sucked and we took a Tight End with the 8th overall pick.

The Hockenson pick is a sunk cost at this point. But, how good will he be? I hope his ankle is 100%. Would have been better if it was broken, soft tissue injuries can linger longer than a simple break.

But if he’s a pro bowl TE going forward, hey that’s something to celebrate. Go Hock.

The Lions offense can be special if Stafford is healthy for 16 games. Very excited to see it.

2 Likes

If Stafford isn’t healthy for 16 games, we don’t have much of a chance to win any games with him out.

1 Like

Yeah, like at one point do they have to earn our hope/praise/respect/support? It’s similar to the post that pops up every year for the last 20 years : “Why doesn’t the media respect the Lions? They are 2-0!! I don’t get all this negativity and disrespect from the media!” Respect and reputation need to be earned.

Yaaa like the refs didnt cost the lions the cheifs and 2 packer games. Even with out our qb and 1st rd te

This is why I think we need to have a couple of stud RB’s in the stable.

No Stafford no playoff win(s), as you point out. Unless the D turns 180 degrees.

But… looking at the weapons the Lions have, if the OL is solid it’s a seriously talented offense all around.

Swift/KJ/BO they just keep a-coming. The top 3 wideouts should be primed to move the ball consistently. TE can be a strength. Stafford can have a career year. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

I feel the same way. I think you spend way too much time trying to get the rest of us to stop drinking the Honolulu Blue Koolaid, but it just tastes so good when it hits your lips.

1 Like

Yeah, I mean, every year it’s the same "Hey great job, (Matt, Martin, Quinn, etc.)…and every year the teams fail on the field.

I am happier than a pig in poop we got Swift. I kind of forgot about Okwara but hopefully he’s far greater than his draft spot. The RT from Philly, Veal Parmesan (or whatever his name is) just seems like a Stephen Peterman type of signing. Penisenvy sounds like he could add some depth (that’s what she said) but we lost a lot of depth too.

I’ll wait to pat Quinn on the back when we make the playoffs, otherwise he needs a swift kick in the ass right out the door.

!what depth did we lose? Oh you mean the guys who sucked on DL or hardly played that depth Mike Daniels what did he do last year? for 7 mil? Harrison Damon he never did get his game back last season Hand, Da’Shawn hardly played we can hope for this season Donte Fowler jr only got back playing solid last half of the season

You can bash all you want the DL sucked What great moves would you have made? When poor play an injuries added up?

You do leave out many good things that Lions have do this off season. Sure I want wins I also like this roster right now an i am certain they will add couple more.

Maybe you can tell us all what you think Lions should do instead of just sitting in weeds an when they make a move bash it? So Enlighten the Board Tell Us What You Would Do

In 2004 the Lions went 6-10. In 2005 Matt Millen got a 5 year extension. Quinn is extended thru 2022, maybe if they get to 6-10 he’ll get another extension.

(I feel like this is how I spend most of my days here now. Desperately trying to get a disturbingly large section of the fan base to stop making excuses for the quarterback/coach/GM/team’s annual failures.)

Keyword: Desperately
Suggestion: Stop trying to be so desperate…Let it flow naturally to fans. It will sink much deeper into the crevices of the mind of these people, for deeper effect, and relieve unneeded stress on your part, resulting in greater satisfaction, psychologically. Just a theory…GOALPOST

1 Like

I don’t hate our roster to be honest.

I’m still very skeptical of our coaching staff of course

4 Likes

That’s the point I’m trying to make. Our roster is in pretty good shape. I think Bob did a good job this offseason especially and deserves some credit.

3 Likes

Not much of a fan of the free agency class outside of Collins who I think is being glossed over as an impactful signing. He’s a legit playmaker.

I love the draft though. A trade down and still getting Okudah would have been perfect and one other nitpick is taking back to back guards in the middle rounds (the trade up in particular) instead of taking a DT but overall, he filled every need and went with high upside guys in Swift and Okwara who weren’t a primary need and previous scheme fit respectively which was a nice change of pace from his previous drafting. I really thought he would go with the safer, needs based picks with the 2nd and 3rd rounder so I’m glad he took a swing for the fences.

I know everybody is down in the dumps about the Lions after the disastrous first 2 seasons of the Quinntricia and I completely understand why but I really think that all the “experts” and a lot of the Lions fanbase are selling the potential of this roster short mainly because it was a 3 win team last year (0-8 without their best player). I’m not overly confident that this is a playoff team but I think they could be in the mix for a playoff spot and this division is definitely there to be had. Packers have some inner turmoil (it’s inevitable), the Vikings are weaker and the Bears are in the meaty part of that mediocre curve. It could be a case of a 10-6 or 9-7 team winning the division like the NFC Least last year.

1 Like