Good Job Bob

I don’t know if Patricia will be successful here. I’m rooting for him for sure and I think Quinn has done just about everything he can to help.

I’m not just talking about Belichick either. There have been numerous head coaches that are known as hardasses that have won the Lombardi.

Name them outside of Belichick recently.

Coughlin, McCarthy maybe. Like I said I’m not a huge fan of these types of coaches. You have to admit though, Quinn has done everything he can to give Patricia a unified locker room. That deserves some credit.

Parcells certainly could be. Coughlin.

So pretty much Parcells’ coaching tree. Probably Cowher as well.

But you are right that most Super Bowl winning coaches used diplomacy rather than dictatorship.

I think the tough-style approach is like anything else, it gets more widely accepted with winning. Although it has proven that it can get tiring as Brady appears to have maybe shown us. He may have had different motives though so who knows. There’s definitely plenty of factors involved but the popular speculation is he got sick of the Patriot way.

Chances are we go something like 7-9 and blow this thing up, but Quinn has given us I think the best chance he could’ve to be successful this year. The moves he made were easily for Patricia. There’s a small chance we blow up the league this year and Patricia is our HC for the next decade.

1 Like

I don’t want Patricia. I know some Michigan fans might disagree but I want Harbaugh next year and I think we might be able to get him.

Oh my god don’t make me puke bruv.

1 Like

To the point that all Bill Bellichick coaches fail that isn’t true…Vrabel is doing well in Tennessee. I know Vrabel didn’t coach in New England but he is of that tree none-the-less. He worked under Bill O’Brien in Texas and Bill has done really well with his team too. Bill has made the playoffs 4 of 6 seasons and is 2/4 in the playoffs. Pretty solid.

Ditka, Belichick, and although FBS, Saban. The NFL is chock full of players from Nick Saban’s program and there is a reason why. It’s because his players are mentally tough. I bet if his players have to practice when it’s too hot out, they just go practice with a bring it on mentality. That mental makeup doesn’t just switch on or off when you start making more money than your coach makes. You just have to find those type of guys and I do not begrudge Patricia for weeding through players he inherited, who would have such a hard time with having to practice outside. It’s football for goodness sakes!

Exactly, and Quinn has made this season a win win for us. If they win and this works then great, I’m cool with winning for the next while. If they stink then great, get rid of this regime and start over with some blue chip talent already on the roster.

1 Like

Donte Fowler Jr?

Not likely.

It’s a make or break year in my opinion. I hope they chose wisely. I’m rooting for it to work regardless of how I feel about it because I want to see a winner :slight_smile:

1 Like

I live in Texas and Texan fans hate BOB more than we hate Patricia.

Jim Caldwell would have made 4/6 playoffs if he was in the AFC South

This a great point and no matter how you feel about Quinn and Patricia you should be happy with the draft.

None of the players they drafted are scheme specific.

I said last year at this time compared to our roster now.

We had Diggs and Walker, at this time last year these two were looking good as our Safeties.
Okudah is a rookie. How many rookie CB’s have a great year or one even comparable to what Slay brings now?
Slay should have been great last year but he was injured and discontent.
Rashaan Melvin was another ex-Patriot from when MP was there and was supposed to be an upgrade from the previous schmuck.
Coleman was supposed to be the best slot CB and improve our secondary LAST year!
Hand was supposed to be healthy last year, McDaniels was paid 9 million to help us. Snacks was extended to be our dominant inside guy.

My point is, we do this every year at this time. Somehow our team gets better every off-season…and yet they suck on the field…and then next year we’ll be doing the same thing about the new guys coming in then and discussing how much better these new guys will be. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I don’t want to crap on everything but damn, this shit is old. Yeah, (Millen, Mayhew, Quinn, etc.) every off-season and shit on the field year after year. I know everyone thinks we would have been so much better with a healthy Stafford but this team wasn’t winning anything with that defense.

1 Like

Right. Ditka. How could I forget Ditka? Lombardi As well if you’re going way back.

I don’t agree that Diggs and Walker are as good of a pair as Harmon and Walker. Harmon is going to give us Glover Quinn level play. Maybe a notch below peak Glover play but Harmon is a really good CFer and will allow Walker to play a spot we’re he has a shot to be elite. We were rolling with two strong safeties and that hurt us. To be fair our Pass defense was massively improved through the first quarter of the season and then the wheels fell off. Obviously the Diggs trade hurt us. Walker’s injury compounded the Diggs move.

I just happen to think this is by far our most talented secondary in a long while. I’m cautiously optimistic about the pass rush but I wouldn’t mind to see us adding more.

Snacks also never provided much in the passing game and neither will Shelton. Williams might, but I’m treating that as an added bonus.

Health as always will be key.

1 Like