Grade Goff's performance as a whole this year

Lol who ever said it was all Goff, but his check downs and throwing to the easiest WRs was , the ball coming out like a duck sure was. And that bad coach you are talking about is the guy that turned it around and helped Goff get better.

And to barely you watched a high light video, Lol that’s why they call it high light video. Goff was terrible in the first half of the season.

He was. Playing without confidence in his oline, receivers or coordonator showed.

To his credit, though he never made a public stink and ate that shit sandwich with aplomb

2 Likes

I’m ok with Goff for next season and hopefully longer. Depends on witch Goff we get to how the season will go.

How many games did we lose because of DC? Goff was terrible, the whole fucking team was terrible. The HC, the QB, the O, the D, the whole team sucked but Goff is the only one who doesn’t get a pass? LOL, there’s one born every minute.

3 Likes

No we were not asked to grade everyone else. But Dan’s grade would be higher in the 2nd half also. You act like Goff didn’t have issues when he did and they were not because of everyone else.

I maintain that Goff was damaged goods when he came here
So yes, part of it was on him
The poor throws and poor decisions were partly due to him but also due to his lack of confidence in the plays and play calling, poor quality receivers, poor route running, not sure how bad OL was …

But if you don’t trust the plays, play calling and players you’re thrown in with, it contributes to the QB showing poorly. That would likely be the case with 90% of QBs

FWIW, I gave him a C grade for the year

I’d like to believe he’s turned the corner and we continue to see “after bye” Goff in 2022 season

And you refuse to grade Goff based on the coaching, his WR’s, etc, etc ETC. How can you NOT grade everyone that had a direct impact on how Goff performed EXCEPT Goff? The coaching got better the players got better and fucking voila, Goff got better. It’s like it was a miracle.

Dude get over your self, one of them WRs turned out to be pretty good once Goff started throwing the ball past the line of Scrimmage. Goff didn’t get gradually better , Goff came back after the buy and had a whole new approach to his play. The WRs got better because he started throwing the ball past the line of scrimmage. Fucking voila you throw the ball more then 5 yrds and Everyone looks better.

Yep, I would agree with this.
Goff played poorly in rhe first half and he has to bare some of that blame but I think Holmes believed he could be fixed and he was. Hopefully Goff found his mojo and what ever was wrong with him is fixed permanently, time will tell.
Now let’s get some talent around him and keep building.

Fwiw, I think his second half play was A+, cant expect much more from a QB. He was smart and accurate and made good reads.

1 Like

Yep I can agree with this, Goff got his confidence back at the end and was a whole different QB. I think Dan put him in position to do that.

1 Like

Get over myself? Ah, because? One of them WR’s turned out to be pretty good because he was a rookie and started playing at an NFL level so his QB could trust what he was doing. Any QB you put back there would have been screwed but this was about Goff and HIS problems. LOL, you really told me. Hey, get over yourself, LOL.

C.

He was really bad before the bye, but it was year one with a new team, he wasn’t getting on with Lynn and we had no talent at WR.

Once St Brown stepped up, Reynolds was signed and Campbell took over the playcalling he looked far more comfortable and aggressive, and played reasonably well down the stretch.

On balance his play probably deserves less than a C, but factoring in what he was up against and his own growth over the course of the season a C seems fair. He showed enough for us to roll with him in 2022, but no more than that.

2022 is basically a career year for him. He either locks down the starting gig in Detroit or he becomes a career backup. I make it 60/40 in favour of him making Detroit his long term home.

Just a thought
I do not know the details regarding Reynolds
But many here have said he’s like a #3

The guy looked better than that as a Lion
Could it be that our coaches are excellent at getting the most out whatever talent they have?

It seems like so many players performed above expectations…

I think it’s more of he’s a number 3 having to play a number 1 or 2 role because of lack of someone else to do it. Since he’s a number 3 he didn’t look bad in that role necessarily.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.