Graham Glasgow returning

9 Likes

Thanks for posting Glasgow’s media session. I don’t remember any personality before–Patricia sure didn’t allow access like the BNL–but Glasgow is hilarious in a deadpan way and it’s clear he fits the culture.

5 Likes

I thought his answer about competing for starting spot was interesting. He said he’s competed for one before and was planning to do that again and then started tiptoeing around a bit like maybe he knew something about Big V’s situation that he didn’t want to let out. Just the vibe I got.

4 Likes

Yeah, take that Panthers!!!

2 Likes

It’s pretty sad that I had that thought as well. FTP.

It was a very disjointed PC to be honest.

You can tell he sure isn’t a big fan of being in front of the camera. Think he forgot the question like 4-5 times.

2 Likes

He hasn’t missed a step then. He’d forget plays 4 or 5 times a game, which is why I was perfectly contented by his leaving.

I remember his introductory press conference, and Killebrew’s too, where they both were perfectly comfortable in front of the camera. Paula and few of the beat writers commented on both of their personalities. I think buddy’s suffering from jet-lag or something. What a hot mess.

1 Like

He was forgetting a lot of the questions on purpose IMO… dude is pretty funny, he always has been going back to his Mich days… when he gets a question he doesn’t like he plays dumb, and speaks in riddles. He aint dumb, nfl centers aint dumb.

Reminds me of Coach Campbell to be honest. He’s planning to be the starting right guard next year, but he can’t say that, or it upsets people and gives things away before the draft.

GG is playing the game!

4 Likes

He said he considered San Fran and Carolina, too. Did we just beat Carolina at something or is the joke going to be on us?

If Frank, Decker and Hank all wanted him back, I’m all in! they know

And the deal is cheap as heck! Love it to be honest!

3 Likes

I honestly don’t mind that he’s back. He’s a well-paid backup and we need one.

3 Likes

OTC has the contract details now.

Cap hit this year is $2.2m, with a void year hit of $1.5m in 2024.

Also (from OTC):

“Graham Glasgow signed a one year, $2.75 million contract with the Lions of which $2.5 million is guaranteed. There are certain portions of the contract that are prorated due to NFL rules. There is a void year in 2024 for cap purposes.”

@DeadStroke what does this mean?! The base salary and prorated bonuses add up to $4.5m, but total cap charges are $3.7m, what magic has Holmes done this time?

First off, I am pretty sure Jason got this contract a couple days ago, now I know why he didn’t enter it right away. I’ve started tweeting out the signings on twitter, this is what I wrote up about it.

https://twitter.com/DeadStroke96/status/1639517470309376001
https://twitter.com/DeadStroke96/status/1639518359875141634

I don’t have the contract, I don’t even have the details of the contract, I only have Jason’s interpretation of the details of the contract. But I think that there is an injury guarantee for the Likely To Be Earned (LTBE) incentives, that for cap purposes, are Other Amounts Treated as Signing Bonus (OATSB). I think Jason has a small error in his calculation, but it’s too small to worry about.

Jason knows more about valuation of player contracts than I do, so it may be some other reason, but that’s my guess on why Jason interpreted the contract the way he did. I will be really interested as to what Spotrac does with Glasgow’s contract when they steal Jason’s interpretation.

1 Like

Didn’t realize you were on twitter, just followed you.

1 Like

Been on twitter since 2009, never posted anything useful until this year. Always just followed reporters for NFL.

Now that Big V has restructured his deal. Should have a good battle for that starting right guard spot.

From interviews it definitely sounds like Graham sees this as a competition.

1 Like

And it should be. Big V hasn’t played a down since 2021. Might even have a rookie guard in that competition as well.