Great to see J-Mo Coming out of his Shell with the Media

Kid sounds excited to be in Detroit!

He’s wearing #18 because Calvin wore #81 and he wanted to flip it! Love it!

18 Likes

This is the Jamo I remember at Ohio State, personality wise.

7 Likes

Yea I loved this interview vs his 1st one. He seems like a good kid. Looking forward to see him at game time. (When he is ready)

4 Likes

This. dude. is. going. to. KICK. MF’n.’ ASSSS!!!

You can just see the stored energy, the faith, the confidence, the warrior…conviction in every word. That coupled with his physical traits…
Hahahahaha!

Has someone ever missed the first 5 games the won ROTY?

8 Likes

2 Likes

This is why you wait an see what he really is like an not listen to media trying to get clicks…I saw the media after the draft oh he didn’t look happy That BS an you see his smile an more about who he is…Its ok to read or listen but remember its just one persons opinion means no more that posters opinion.

7 Likes

I LOVED the he wasn’t happy. Dude was pissed that he went 12th. MASSIVE chip on his shoulder. “I just wanna play football.”

All I care about is that he’s a warrior that has some professionalism to him. As for culture fit…if you are a warrior, you are going ot fit right in here. I knew once he met the squad, he’d be hooked.

“I come from work. That’s what we do. I just wanna play football. I’m on the grass I’m happy. etc, etc, etc”
This dude is going to MURDER ASS!!!

8 Likes

I loved his interview. So excited to have this young man on our roster!

5 Likes

He’s no Mike Williams that’s for sure.

5 Likes

Not trying to play the worlds smallest violin for these kids. But that entire draft process has got to be a marathon sprint of stress and lack of sleep. He is probably just happy to be back to doing what he loves.

8 Likes

While I may have phrased the last part a little different… lol… I am going to claim some props for myself and @BigNatty and @HSVLion . We watched the on the field personality, off the field personality, and with the media personality. And (I’m sure some others too) we all said “He’s just not comfortable yet.”

Well hello Den, welcome to Jamo comfortable.

1 Like

Love that he wants to have that football in his hands all the time, including during interviews.

2 Likes

Absolute night and day from draft night. I think he was just pissed/surprised that he was the 4th receiver taken and was in full brood mode as a result.

As I suspected, once he got to know the leadership group here that he would warm to the situation. You can see in his college clips with teammates in practice and his demeanor on the field that he has a big personality. Great to see it come out with the media here. Can’t wait for the season to start, gonna be a looooong wait

1 Like

I think he was pretty pissed about getting picked by Detroit. But Dan Campbell is infectious with his positive vibes and then you see what we did for St. Brown and Jameson has to feel good about that.

1 Like

He seems like a really good kid honestly, just enjoying it. Seems he is a great teammate and very supportive, has a very happy and chill demeanor. I think the draft reaction was just him being in such a huge moment and not wanting all the attention on himself. Definitely is just a kid who loves to play, work and have fun with his team.

Honestly only thing that bothers me about h
Is his hair in his eyes. I feel like with my 2 year old and want to tie it back so he can see lol.

2 Likes

The more I watch of this kid the more I realize he loves the game of football, not the spotlight, the media or the money.

I truly believe he loves the game.

Im convinced.

1 Like

I actually liked that he was pissed. I think it’s a good thing. Legit pissed and feeling slighted, with a knowingness that he is better than the ppl who went before him.

Not like a toddler getting “pissy pants”…more like “Pissed off warrior energy.”

I loved every second of it. It shows up on the field too. He wants the end zone every time and fights for it. He’s a football player, not just a fast guy. Legit tough dude. I love the guy.

5 Likes

Thx for posting. The vibe on draft night was a little concerning, but this shows an entirely different side. I like his attitude. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. :fire:

1 Like

Man, if Jaymo and Hutch both turn out to be home runs, this could be franchise defining draft. Potential is there. I believe they drafted alot of character guys to build around, but these 2 have the potential to be ultra productive as well. Hutch was the best defensive player in the draft for our team and Jaymo has the potential to be the best offensive player in the draft.

6 Likes

And they’ll do it again next draft with two first round picks

6 Likes