Greg Cosell on NFL draft prospects

I know Pete Carroll has no standards for character as long as they are good at football. As you stated they just signed 2 DTs. Pete likes the edge rushers all the way back to his days at USC… I see no way they pass on Anderson and if he is gone I think they take Wilson. I would not be surprised if they took another edge rusher with their other 1st rounder also.

2 Likes

I don’t think Carter has character issues but Todd McShay has emotional issues. That guy is unstable.

Playing for Georgia you go hard especially in practice

1 Like

https://twitter.com/lriddickespn/status/1643452313892184066?s=46&t=fy4iHOW4JmC65QAIVbZxpg

3 Likes

He’s a prospect I have mixed feeling on. He has the athleticism you like to see in a DT but I do not see the decision making and drive that we covet in our players. I’m not sure if he loves the game. Sometimes it feels like he’s going through the motions and other times he looked dominant. Obviously if he wants to be he can be dominant but I get the impression he’s not trying as hard as he can. So I don’t think Dan will be drawn to him. I think the Lions pass.

Jacqueline Onassis level agility

1 Like

That’s interesting he would only run agility and be horrible at it. Agility and bench press are the most often skipped events. He needs a new agent. You can time these things before hand and have a general idea how you’re going to perform.

1 Like

2 guys over looked on here.

1 Like

Another guy that gets overlooked on here is WeaselPuppy. Good lord is that ever a handsome MF’r!

Agreed, heard he’s hung like a dinosaur as well
Dino Riders Dinosaur GIF

Some scout was saying Roy low body is weak. He gets moved at the point of attack easily

Haha! had no prior knowledge of that. LOL

Apparently the opposite of our buddy weeze

I do think accuracy issues are a valid concern.

What I would say though is that is fair to say that AR had a lot of dropped balls too. It wasn’t just Levis. Florida’s WR crew was not the best. I saw somewhere that if every ball categorized as a drop was caught he have a completion percentage of 65%. Obviously we could play games with every QB like this, but that is a pretty stark difference. I watched the Florida St game and it was painful the number of great balls he threw in key moments that were dropped. He was dealing with 3rd and 4th string WRs. Freshman. Double TEs. This due to so many injuries to the starting WR core.

I also think that you could call AR a gunslinger. I think that gets lost with him because he can run and scramble. But honestly, I think he is much like Stafford with his aggressiveness and desire to get the ball down the field rather than take the easy one.

IMHO, Richardson’s issues stem from a consistency issue more than an accuracy issue. That might be splitting hairs to some, but I think consistency can be fixed/improved with reps. He’ll throw an amazing 40 yarder, then miss a swing pass. That sort of maddening stuff.

This is the other polarizing issue on Richardson (I’ve noticed): some view his lack of reps as a detriment. He’s an unknown. There isn’t enough tape. Who knows what we have here. Others look at him and say, “man, let me get a hold of this guy - imagine what he’ll become as a finished product”. So much of it is beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Yes - that’s very true - people respond to the same stimulus with opposite conclusions on Richardson. A similar thing occurs with his athleticism. His biggest advocates and his biggest detractors both fixate on his athleticism. There’s nothing more likely to provoke Richardson detractors than to mention the Combine and how well he performed! It’s almost as if they’d have preferred him to have been really un-athletic because real quarterbacks aren’t athletic.

You only have to watch a game or two of Richardson at Florida to realise that Richardson’s athleticism isn’t especially evident. You certainly notice his thickness and his size. And you also notice his arm strength. His athleticism (at least in terms of his speed and explosion) not so much. He’s not playing like Justin Fields at Chicago or Jalen Hurts last year in Philadelphia (although he probably could). These were two offenses built around the limitations of their personnel but mostly built around the perceived strengths / limitations of their young QBs.

The Florida offense hasn’t been like that. It’s required Richardson to throw the ball and to throw the ball really quite aggressively downfield. It also requires him to go through his progressions. And it requires him to stay in the pocket and only really use his athleticism as a last resort. It’s not the most friendly offense to run if you’re an athletic quarterback really - especially when you factor in the receivers weren’t up to snuff and the play-calling was really rather hit-and-miss.

The argument for Richardson is that he was better than might have been expected in an offense that seemed more interested in proving that he was a real quarterback than utilising his athleticism. For me, he’s really a much more sensitive and thoughtful QB than is commonly thought.

2 Likes

makes me wonder if someone slipped a pint of benadryl into Roy’s morning smoothie….

I know we all have our opinions on PFF and how they assess adjusted accuracy. But in their grading they adjust for drops, and not just drops - There’s plenty of completitions from inaccurate throws receivers have to adjust to. AR grades poorly both under pressure and clean

My opinion is also shaped in large part by Florida fans. Almost all of them on the Reddit boards weren’t impressed with AR and are surprised at the hype

1 Like

The under pressure portion may be somewhat explained by his ability to escape sacks and throw the ball away. Levi’s and Richardson were pressured at the same rate (both of their OLs were not great in pass pro) and yet Levi’s was sacked three times as often. Perhaps PFF discards throwaways. iDK.

But nobody is saying that Florida version of Anthony Richardson is going to cut it as a passer. The argument is whether or not he can fix it. Way above my pay grade to have any informed opinion on that. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Will Levis was pressured on 38% of dropbacks …

Only Mckee, AR, and Duggan were pressured more

He ended up with the 2nd highest pff grade under pressure …with one of worst supporting casts in the nation.

1 Like

PFF allegedly accounts for throw aways and doesn’t ding the grade

I noticed that. Also notice the kid from Purdue that the Lions met with three times is up there

Levis did though toss a ton of dump offs when under pressure. I think someone here posted screenshots of a game where almost every completion was at or behind the LOS