Handfull of New Season Long bans incudes Colts scrub + new

Welllll…if we really did have another guy being looked at…that will suck.

Bans are supposedly coming out this week…well, its Thursday in 28 minutes.

Buckle up, buttercup.

4 Likes

When will the refs be suspended!?

7 Likes

Isaiah Rogers is the biggest name in the recent list.

I find it odd that no big names are being suspended. That the only real starter so far has been Williams.

Personally I feel the suspensions were not done to uphold the integrity of the game more for the perception of the integrity of the game.

It’s just smoke and mirrors and they are targeting players who have little effect on their teams.

Until I see big names that’s what I will believe and I suspect so will the players, fans and media alike.

9 Likes

Tremendously foolish ordeal the NFL has gotten itself entangled in. Admit your mistake, rescind suspensions, clarify your policy, and start over with something everyone can understand. If you’re an NFL employee or player you may not place online wagers of any kind, ever. Once you’re out of the league, go crazy. That’s as simple as it gets. This whole mess is a result of compounding greed. The league just couldn’t keep its hand out of the Sports Betting cookie jar, so it’s ended up talking out of both sides of its mouth. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you find yourself in a pickle. Suspending guys for not understanding a convoluted gambling policy is a terribly flawed position despite all that fresh revenue streaming in. Big wheel keeps on rollin’ though. Don’t stop the presses boys! Keep printing those hundreds!

8 Likes

It’ll be a Friday smoggy news dump. @Air2theThrown you nailed it 100%

5 Likes

I think Jamo would have been spared as well if he didn’t attach himself to Calvin Ridley.

This is the NFL in a nutshell.
All decisions based on $$ and CYA.

1 Like

Now we know why Demetrius Taylor wasn’t brought back.

5 Likes

Most big name guys have big contracts. Guys with big contracts have agents and people that help them more. I totally agree with Mike Valenti on his discussion of what a high end athlete needs. If you do not know it, he basically says if you are making multi millions playing a sport you should have a guy that drives you, holds your weed, is your body guard, holds you gun, places your bets…ect ect ect. The point is one would hope the older players have things a bit tighter and would not make this type of silly mistake. So far it seems a bunch of lower paid players or like 1st year guys getting rung up.
I also agree that this is all window dressing. But it is what it is. The NFL is nearing its maximum in earning potential. Once you start getting involved with the books you have rung all the dough out of the mainstream or legal ways and are now trying to get those last few bucks from the gamblers.

Phew, Demetrius Taylor turns out to be the 2022 Lion that was under investigation. He was released when Christian Covington was signed in May.

2 Likes

They seemed to misspell Jared Goff and Aiden Hutchinson… I kid I kid!!!

1 Like

I forget, did Demetrius Taylor play at all last year? I know he got cut but didn’t he come back on the active roster briefly?

Yes he played some early on in some of the first few games. His pff score was like 30

1 Like

Dodged SOL repeat, The Shield got us in the first swipe though …

3 Likes

How the hell did one of those players have 8M to lose?

1 Like

Where did anyone say those stories were related? I believe it was inferred that it was an infraction but did they explicitly say it was? Like tom brady could have lost 8 million betting on the masters and the story is written but that doesnt mean it was a league infraction per the rules it would depend on where he was when he placed the bet… that is why these are ridiculous if they didnt bet on the nfl

1 Like

Agreed for the players like Jamo not betting on nfl games. But dudes betting on nfl games, they deserve the 1 year ban, maybe more.

And props to @Jman who called D. Taylor being the other Lions gambler, he called that a long time ago.

2 Likes

@stephenboyd57 props to you big dog for always giving me my props when I’m right.

It makes up for all the trolling you do to me for my polls and other dumb things I may or may not be responsible for :smiley:

Edit don’t forget this part though

1 Like

For the record he played 1 game and had 14 snaps, but don’t forget you can easily gamble on preseason too with these apps which he played a ton in.

3 Likes