Harbaugh on the move?

So many teams try and fail thinking there is an “upgrade”.

2 Likes
1 Like

CJH going to Colts makes a lot of sense. I imagine if offered, he would jump.

1 Like

Think this is a great example of patience. Everyone knows I’m a huge fan of both guys. Steelers didn’t become the Steelers by firing their coaches every time there was a bump in the road. Harbaugh has won everywhere he has been. He is a winner. MCDC has it. Always had it…firing MCDC would be classic SOL.

4 Likes

[quote=“JadedLionsFan, post:70, topic:14123, full:true”]

[quote=“frm710, post:67, topic:14123, full:true”]
please no.

I don’t think he is qualified at this point to be a head coach. He needs more experience as an OC and needs to improve his recruiting in order to be a good HC. I just don’t see it with him at this point in his career.

1 Like

[quote=“frm710, post:81, topic:14123, full:true”]

[quote=“JadedLionsFan, post:70, topic:14123, full:true”]

Agreed 100%

I think Mike Hart would be better for them in the long run. Harbaugh plays “Bo-Ball”….might not work in todays NCAA

1 Like

LOL.

3 Likes

Do they let you fly the planes at 2.5 million miles? I mean, that’s 100 times around the world, right?

That’s what I’d ask for. Fly it for awhile, not land it. I’m not crazy.

1 Like

It’s funny that you say that cuz I am Licensed (only VFR) and when I board I like to pop my head in and say “Hey, I sitting in 2B and I have 247 hours in a Cherokee 180 in case you guys need anything…”

They usually say something like “we will keep that in mind” and laugh

1 Like

Nice.

Just in case there’s a 70s disaster movie scenario…always thinking…

I think he is a very good coach. Perhaps not great (more on that below).

He took Stanfurd from absolute crap into a pac-12 powerhouse. He revived the 49ers from despair to a superbowl contending team. Revived Michigan into a top 4 playoff team.

The problem is that he has a very grating personality and so he tends to wear out his welcome places and really can’t stay at a place more than 4-5 years. He is great for a rebuild. Not a sustainable empire builder.

Someone similar to him in my opinion is Urban Meyer. Both can create a top team but will burn bridges along the way.

Harbaugh is probably more ethical overall and less boisterous but similar hard core personalities.

Well said. I think what I meant to say is exactly what you said - he has a grating personality. Doesn’t make him a bad coach but doesn’t give him longevity either. He has turned around a lot of teams and he has developed talent.

You nailed it. My thing with him is his personality which just rubs me the wrong way. But that doesn’t mean he’s a bad coach.

1 Like

If Harbaugh leaves Ohio State is going to win the national championship next season. We return 15 starters. We have a very good chance of winning it anyway.

2 Likes

New coach?
Otherwise, no chance, Day doesn’t win against top rated teams.

2 Likes

I could see this happening. Those two edge players are going to be monsters next year. Obviously the WR already is a dude.

But who’s OSU’s QB next year? OSU actually might be due to miss on a QB for once. The run of good QB play that they’ve had statistically might be coming to an end (note not a statement about OSU QB’s as pro’s, but they’ve been very good/solid as college QB’s)

2 Likes

Kyle McCord or Devin Brown, and as long as Ryan Day is there I doubt we miss on a QB. I wouldn’t be shocked if Brown ends up winning the job, and he has talent throwing the ball. McCord is good, but I don’t know much arm talent he actually has. He was MHJ’s high school QB for what that’s worth.

But we bring back Harrison, Henderson, Miyan Williams, Egbuka, Fleming, our 2 guards, Tuimoloau, Sawyer, Williams, Hall, Burke, Chambers, and CJ Hicks and Sonny Styles are going to start next year because they’re both really good. We honestly have no excuse not to win it next year especially after how we played and then lost to Georgia.

2 Likes

Ryan Day playoff wins - 1
Jim Harbaugh playoff wins - 0

Times Ryan Day’s team has been favored in a playoff game - 0
Times Jim Harbaugh’s team has been favored in a playoff game - 1

2 Likes

Another hemorrhoid flare-up at Michigan.

Which is why he’s a college coach and not a pro coach. It’s not that he can’t coach in the pros, he already proved he can, it’s that his personality doesn’t fit the NFL front office. That was his issue in San Francisco. He couldn’t get along with ownership/management.

1 Like