Has Holmes and Lions management tanked this season?

I honestly think this team is only a couple WRs away from winning 5 or 6 games but apparently Holmes has other ideas. He knew this team was a dumpster fire at wide receiver when he took over and his moves were to take Ramon Bust St Brown in the draft and sign Tyrell Concussion Williams. Neither has done shite. Holmes has basically mailed this season in by his inactivity. Players on the field are killing themselves out there and Holmes sits in his private booth and does zilch. I’m really starting to lose faith in the guy.

Nope. We’re just that terrible.

5 Likes

So Holmes knows we’re terrible and refuses to try and improve this team with some roster moves. And signing guys off the practice squad ARE NOT ROSTER MOVES!!

Imagine thinking Holmes could fix everything wrong with this roster in one offseason.

10 Likes

I agree who cares if we win 4 or 5 games an trade away picks or good players

Its a young team an those complaining should follow Quinn where ever he goes
I hope Holmes stick to the plan.

As far as Brown if the QB doesn’t throw it to him hard to catch it…

.I don’t know if they take a QB this draft but I don’t think Goff is the answer.Holmes an staff know who might be a fit not sure there is one this coming draft.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if Goff is the answer. But how the hell do we know with the weapons we have? If we burn a pick on a QB above the 3rd round I think it’s a mistake. Get some weapons either in free agency or the draft that give Goff an opportunity to show whether he’s the answer. If not, at least we’ve given Goff a half of a chance.

1 Like

If any GM tries to tank, hit the road. I think Holmes doesn’t realize it’s lion’s not the Rams.

I think they’d like to win a game or two…but they all FOR SURE tanking. They went into this season tanking. Campbell signed his contract knowing this was the tear down part of a tear down rebuild.

1 Like

Your opinion even if its wrong :grinning:

You don’t know shit about fuck.

Ruthie sends her best.

3 Likes

The talk about Decker going on IR leads me to believe they’re tanking. If he goes on IR then they’re tanking.

Lol this season was a lost season before it event started. If you’re only just realizing it now, there’s nothing to say. The team already lost it’s two best receivers in Quintez and Tyrell

1 Like

Then they should jump in front of car. No team or player should play to lose.

Sheila did a Q&A with Birkitt and even she said, everyone knew it was a rebuilding year even if they didn’t come out and say it.

Agree in general.
If the Lions give an effort and keep losing then they get the first overall as well as the first in the 2nd which is really a late first. That translates into 3 1st round type players next year.

So when is that draft day. I need to book it in my calendar.

Trust Believe GIF

Let’s be the 76ers of the NFL

Was the OP whether they decided to tank at 0-6 or at 0-0 bc my answer is potentially different?

That’s a fair question. I’m not certain of the intent.

The weapons are not the thing to look at when looking at Geoff, rather look what he tries to do with those weapons. Which is why I am now convinced he is not the answer. Though I do not expect or want the Lions to look at QB this upcoming draft. None IMO would be an upgrade, even with time on the bench.

As far as tanking goes, no I do not think anyone in the organization went into this season looking to tank. Instead they made hard decisions on where to focus on the rebuild and WR was way down the list and for good reason. WR is one of those positions that can be address over years with one piece at a time. When ready the Lions can use one or more of their high picks to get players that fit what they want. There was no reason to panic and try to address it this offseason.

1 Like

Lions fans and Matt Millen agree

Need
More
Weaponzzzzz

1 Like