Hasson Reddick on the Trade Market

We’ll learn a lot about Brad this offseason.

Contending teams usually aren’t shy about making a big splash if they deem someone can put them over the top.

Brad inherited shit but has now established a great roster core with a pipeline. This is about the moment you’d expect a splash or two.

2 Likes

I’m aware of that. Don’t particularly care. If anything it reps the price down. 18.5 sacks in his last 22 starts. His game is all about power, length and violence. Injury is always a possibility but I otherwise have little concern of his production falling off a Cliff in 2024.

A 30 year old speed oriented DPR is probably every bit as much of a production cliff risk.

1 Like

He’s a perfect fit IMO. Takes over Commish’s spot but adds some pass rushing juice. He still leaves plenty of opportunity to add more at the spot.

Reddick is a nice player. I don’t happen to love it as a fit but I’m still a Houston believer for that DPR role.

1 Like

Trading for Bosa or Reddick would be a big departure from the way Holmes has built this team so far. And since he just spent an entire press conference trying to prep the fans not to expect things to be done any differently from how he has been doing them up until now, I’d be very surprised to see either of those moves happen.

Giving a monster deal to a guy approaching 30 isn’t a Brad Holmes “value” move.

I see Reddick as >> Houston, more every down

You think we’d be comfortable with Reddick in the run game? Not sure about that.

1 Like

I just don’t see why you’d bring someone like Reddick in for $15m this season. He’s literally just a more proven Houston. Give me Danielle Hunter if we’re going to be brining in guys with huge contracts to play EDGE.

2 Likes

Hassan turns 30 in September. Roughly 240-250 pounds. Would likely play James Houston’s position. Signed for three more years I believe. Lots of $ in 2024 but his contract becomes lighter after that:
Haason Reddick Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac.

His deal fits perfectly with Hutch. Hassan is gone when we need to pay Hutch huge dollars and maybe extend Houston if James steps up too. The Lions would have two viable rushers AND James Houston playing a critical depth role as the 3rd outside pass rusher.

This feels like a smart and important move.

Swift was traded for a 4th. Maybe a 3rd for Hassan?

1 Like

Problem is he’s getting traded specifically because he wants a new contract.

4 Likes

Reddick has one year left on his deal. Depending on when he’s traded, his new team would be responsible for, at minimum, his 14.25m base salary in 2024.

1 Like

Like I said, if we’re spending big money on a DE, give me Danielle Hunter. Otherwise, I’m fine with grabbing a vet like Autry for a year or two to replace Romeo/Harris and drafting a young guy to groom behind him (or maybe Paschal is that guy). Personally, I think if you bring in a guy like Autry, you cut Commish. Commish and Paschal are almost the same player and Commish’s $$$ is kind crazy this season for what he provides.

1 Like

Now that you have written this down, I agree. Hunter if Holmes wants to spend (that would surprise me), and I have liked Autry as a stop gap for some time. Got to see him play quite a bit down here and I think he would fit. He does want to be on a contender.

1 Like

Autry is great. I just don’t see how you carry Autry, Commish, and Paschal. They’re all varying degrees of the same player. I think Commish gets the axe if Autry were onboarded.

1 Like

I prefer the peak McDermott Bills approach to pressures. Bring it in waves.

Autry, Dorrance Armstrong, and a flier on Davenport could probably be accomplished for less than 20m in combined salary . That’s just one example.

But give me redundancies rather than one guy. But I do agree if we’re going for a big ticket I’d prefer we pursue a two way guy like Hunter.

I would be shocked if he didn’t get axed. So we add $3m to the cap for that switch? Well worth it IMO.

2 Likes

Except for the 11.5 sacks he brings with him :slight_smile:

Autry plays more violently than anyone on our DL IMO. He’s an ass kicker.

Exactly, lose 7-8m for Autry, gain 4.6m by dropping Commish and you’ve doubled/tripled your production as a result for a couple million. Paschal is your backup to Autry this season and maybe the CFL guy makes the roster as a backup backup and STer.

Like I said, varying degrees…his degree is just more than Paschal + Commish combined LOL

It will be interesting to see what the Titans do with him. Autry has said all the right things about liking it down here. But at 34, rumors are he either wants paid by the Titans to stay (through a psuedo rebuild) or he goes to a contender for slightly less at a chance for the SB. At least that is what some of the sports talk guys are saying down here.

1 Like

We have an in. It’s a perfect fit for both parties. I really think it could happen.

1 Like