'He Loses Focus': Bill Belichick Critiques Terrion Arnold

Thanks a lot, Bill!

He is a young ascending talent that gets better every time he gets on the field. He was cb2 behind Kool-Aid to start the season. He got challanged a lot and ended up proving to be cb1 by mid season.

He is not a finished product. He comverted from Safery to CB and says he can play all db roles. Those lapses in concentration were mostly at the begining of the season and were less and less as he got more comfortable.

When i see a player grow game in game out, i like the trend to continue. His reaction awareness is elite. Which makes his ceiling high af.

9 Likes

Bill has a lot of work to do on his talking head skills, I’ll say that.

2 Likes

Terrion has some development still required. There is a good chance he comes along a little slower than some fans would like to start the year. Start the 2 bets for now and let the rookies come along at their own pace. You know Moseley is going to feel the heat and need to get back on the field quicker now…

1 Like

Didn’t he also call him the best defensive player he’d ever coached?

Edit: Wrong coach

Saban, not Belichick

7 Likes

Belichick calls LT the best player he has ever coached.

4 Likes

BB: Give this man AG’s job. Do it. We’ll win a Superbowl.

2 Likes

Ah had them mixed up.

1 Like

The criticisms are fair, but everyone knew he was going to require more development. And that’s a good thing. You don’t want to be drafting guys in Rd 1 who are already at their ceiling of development.

9 Likes

His comments are definitely worth reading, but it’s fair to include the first thing he said too, making a big play in a big moment.

“Terrion’s a tough kid. He’s a good tackler. You can see right here in the open field. That’s a nice job breaking down, wrapping up on the tackle. He’s obviously been well coached by Coach (Nick) Saban,” Belichick explained. “So, this is a big play, the final play of the game there. Up by four points against Texas A&M. And here he is really making the play of the game breaking up this pass there on the goal line to preserve the victory.”

2 Likes

Belichick is an all-time great defensive coach…

but he drafted only 1 Pro-bowl caliber CB…

in 24 years.

Asante Samuel.

He did have JC Jackson make a pro-bowl…
as an UDFA… after he selected 2 CBs in the same 2018 draft.

Great coach.

Not so great at the drafting thing.

6 Likes

And the kid is 100% about getting better

2 Likes

And I’m not worried at all considering Branch will be out there running the secondary.

What about ty law? Was he there before bill?

I agree bill wasnt the best gm… he couldnt separate the coach and gm part of the job enough

Ty Law was drafted in 1995 by Parcells…
and Belichick was still in Cleveland.

Belichick joined the Pats staff in 1996….
and was the DB coach for Law for 1 season.

In 1996… Parcells and Belichick went to Jets.

In 1998… Law made the Pro-Bowl… under Pete Carrol’s tenure.

Belichick then went back to Pats in 2000.

Law made 4 pro-bowls from 2001-2005.

3 Likes

Mccourty?

was a safety.

Wake me when Tom Brady gives his opinion.

7 Likes

Yeah if it wasn’t for Brady this guy wouldn’t even have a chance to sit on TV and give his opinion🤣

2 Likes