Hear me out trade down

Is Evan Neal that good? Are we talking Orlando Pace or Joe Thomas OT here?

I would jump on that trade in the blink of an eye.

Giving up #10 to move up and grab Neal is extremely expensive. Why wouldn’t they just stay at #4 and take the kid from NC State? Or another Tackle?

1 Like

New GM making his bones?

1 Like

I’m sure there was offers and will be for this pick but nothing like what HSV proposed.

No. More like Mekhi Becton.

1 Like

Why would a team whose best player is LT Tunsil, linked to an overrated LT in your scenario?

1 Like

Yeah Becton, Orlando Brown, Trent Brown. I don’t think he’s worthy of being number one, but guys that size rarely fail. I’ve got him around 10-15 but he’ll go higher than that.

Do you think an offense can work around a 6’9" inch guy at OG long term. I know the Ravens did it for a year with Ogden but I can’t think of others off the top of my head.

The reason I ask is I’ve recently found myself stuck on the idea of drafting this guy sliding him side to Guard and putting him between Ragnow and Sewell. I think Dan might like that.

1 Like

There is no chance Faalele can pull at NFL game speed.

I’d have loved to see Shaq play OG…

I think Hutch’s draft stock went down after the Georgia game

Best look of the year against NFL level talent and he gets 1 pressure and 1 tackle

I am a Michigan fan and love the dude but unless he is a monster the combine I call him going outside the top 5

@HSVLion I don’t want to hijack your thread, but may I propose a “Trade UP” scenario? Would you make this trade?

Philadelphia Eagles receive - 2022 DET 3rd (#66), 2023 DET 2nd rd.

Detroit Lions receive - 2022 PHI 1rst (#19)

How does is stack up on the trade value chart?

#19 pick = 1508

#66 pick = 877
2023 2nd rd. = 687? (Lowest value in 2022 3rd round)

1508 DET - 1567 PHI Fair trade value

Why would Philly make this trade?

They currently sit with 11 total 2022 draft picks and only 6 total in the 2023 draft. I’d be happy to fill their cupboard up a little more in 2023 to move up into the top 20. They also have the 15th (MIA) and 16th (IND) picks in the first round, and having back-to-back picks is a luxury. That #19 could be ripe for the pickin’ if the right offer comes across their table. That would be the PHI pick I would target.

We’d end up with: 3 picks in the top 34!

Who would you draft?

Why pull him? There have plenty of monstrous, people mover OGs through the years. Ragnow and Sewell have sublime movement skills. Just power all day with Daniel. I don’t think pulling is the concern with him. It’s can he be just passable enough in pass pro not yo kill you.

Plus he’s fun to watch. Almost makes me want to row the boat.

That woman is orbiting the kid like one of the moons around Jupiter

His arms crack me up. Dude’s got thigh arms. So did Aaron Gibson though :man_shrugging:

Foreshadowing…?

Though putting Gibson outside was a predictable nightmare

I’d be fine with this…, good dude who deserves it ….

I’ve been mocking us a guard occasionally. The reservation I have is that I can’t see us sitting either of our OGs right now. Jonah Jackson really came on this year. Vatai seems to jive with Penei. The problem I want to solve is they have a good line, but why they can’t get a 3rd and 1. I’d love a power OG they can run behind for a yard.

We do have 3 picks in the top 34. I guess you meant we’d have 4 picks in the top 34.

1 Like

I would be fine with it

#2 Hutch
#19 Davis
#27 Dean/London/Burks
#34 Hill/Brisker

1 Like

I think you take Rush-LB Thibodeaux at 2 and WR Burks at 30 (or trade up a few slots if you think he’ll be gone at 30). Also, yeah, I see Rams playing in and losing NFC Championship game to give us pick #30.