Hello everyone... I want to

There are some great posters on this site, that acquire and pass along better knowledge than I can get from any other single source … especially true around draft time. It keeps me returning on weekly basis.

I admit, it’s difficult to let it go when a poster you don’t see eye to eye with on subject, pushes back.

I got into a back forth with someone who posted that Spielman was a questionable addition, because no GM or coach would want to come here, based on Spielman’s role as an advisor.

They got their information from Mike Florio, who despises the Lions (and for whatever reason didn’t feel like Spielman deserved the position). They parroted Florio’s musings here as a hard fact around the league.

Happily, Florio’s garbage take turned out to be garbage as usual. But in retrospect, would have been classier just let it play out rather than let something like that draw me into a back and forth. People are going to post some weird shit. It’s ok. The good outweighs the bad.

4 Likes

WAY better info here than any place on the net. Some of this stuff should be sold to football fans/fantasy football fans. Wesley, Air, Deadstroke, BearlyThere, and about a dozen other - Holy shit, these people know football.

Best place for Lions intel I know of, for sure.

1 Like

Hai Sensei!

3 Likes

I long for the days when I did NOT know what everyone else was thinking. When you could, like, just nod at people when you walked by and assume that they were probably a basically decent human being and it was OK to just mind your own damn business.

Wasn’t there like a Twilight Zone episode where somebody could always hear what people were thinking, which initially was cool but then he couldn’t turn it off and and it drove him insane because it was a special kind of hell? Yeah, that’s the world we’ve built with social media, awesome.

2 Likes

Hope all goes well for you bro if you need a break then that’s cool. Your a good fan and a good member here. Best wishes to you.

2 Likes

The way I see it is that everyone is reaching for love, as love is the driver (on a level of the deepest truth) for all humans, when you really boil it down.
Which emotional drivers are running them in a given moment, is where their level of consciousness is (in that moment), and how they are reaching for love from the level of consciousness they are at.

I see all people as love, and reaching for love. When you see that, it’s actually a much easier way of being.

The less oneness we see, the harder it is.
The more oneness we see, the easier it is.

Loved the Twilight Zone reference - laughed my ass off, dude! Thank you for that!

Gotta do your thing and take care of yourself: only you and God can do that imho…

If we get you back, great!

If not, love ya no matter where you end up!!

3 Likes

Best of luck as you step away. I totally understand and say I should make the same choice at times. Life is too short. God bless!

1 Like

This isn’t because Kithier is transferring, is it?

If this regime builds a winner
You gotta come back and just check in
And let us know you’re enjoying it.

Be well !

1 Like

Get it out of your system. So you can check back in next November for NCAA basketball.

1 Like

I wish Martymcfly2017 well on his hiatus or departure as have others. I have no idea what spurred his decision.

However, at times I have felt overly fixated on specific teams as a spectator, which caused imbalance and disruption in my real life. In recent years, football in general and the Lions specifically are my only true tormentors in that regard.

I stopped gambling on football—rarely on other sports—about 25 years ago because of how it made me feel. Yes, I lost a chunk of change over time, but nothing serious. I quit because I’d be watching a different game at the stadium or on the tube as other people. I couldn’t fully enjoy a win or comeback on its own merits if it didn’t also mesh with my gambling agenda. It was isolating and took up way too much space in my head. Pain always has a way of leading me to the right answer, and in that case, it was departure, not hiatus.

Shortly before our defining 0-16 season in 2008, I discovered the Den which led me to engage more deeply and constantly in the minutiae of the twisted Lions drama. This is particularly true at two times each year: leading up to the draft, and during pre- and early season before our annual implosion occurs. Both left me unsettled: In the first case because so little germane happens in the 3 months after the draft, and in the second because God so clearly hates the Lions and by inference me.

Toward the end of last season, I’d truly had it with the Lions. I missed all or parts of several games and I felt a certain freedom which felt pretty good. When I did watch, I was able to do so with a definite rooting interest but without any expectation. I thought that freedom would last. But then MCD, kneecaps, and a tidal wave of hope…

I’d like to think I’ve learned the art of balanced and healthy engagement with the Lions, when the fact is that last year’s “freedom” was fueled mostly by disgust and exhaustion. Will I retain that equanimity when the resurgent Lions fall short of my recalibrated expectations? Probably not.

All of which means I understand the imperative to press pause now and then as Martymcfly 2017 has done to consider either departure or hiatus. It’s hard to be a Den type of Lions fan and not consider it.

3 Likes

Thank you all for the kind words.

Well … all I can do is think

1 Like

About lion’s pretty good draft.

I occasionally snoop around on other teams’ fan message boards, and haven’t come across any with better football conversations, consistently, than this one.

3 Likes

Yup - Love you guys, for sure.

3 Likes

I used to do that a LONG while ago…ghost Halas Hotel…but I always liked The Den heads and shoulders better.

Agreed…there is another lions forum that is pretty on point…but I’ve never come across another team’s forum that can hang w us…

What the hell are we gonna argue about now that stafford is gone and we agree all the time. .:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Can’t handle the new reality.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Goff.

1 Like