Help me…. Help you

There’s literally some here who still think he was the problem.

1 Like

I do say yes to this.

And it’s hilarious. There were dudes rooting against him right up until the last drive in the Super Bowl. LOL. I loved watching the whole thing unfold.

2 Likes

Then, they expect to be taken seriously when they criticize Goff because McVay used Goff’s ass to save his own.
Goff is no Aaron Rogers. I freely admit that.
He’s a damn fine QB who was thrown into the abyss and survived it.

1 Like

There’s truth to this.
The 32 best in the country can do it.
333 milion ppl in the US, and 32 get to do this.
There are probably 15 or so people on the planet that can do Goff’s job better than him. That’s AMAZING.
Also…I hope we draft Willis. :wink:

1 Like

:rofl:
Do we sacrifice Edge, WR, or ILB to do that?

They my friend is it!

How do I look up pots from last April?

ILB. We’ll make do with our bandaids for this year. QB and top flight DL are hardest to get.

My fav scenario, we end up w/Willis and Davis → extremely unlikely
2nd fav → Hutch falls, we trade up to get Davis
3rd fav → Hutch falls, we go best WR and best Edge with 32 and 34
Most likely → Thibz @2 then we go Best DT and Best WR @ 32&34

I’m okay with all of that.

If we get a LB, I want him to be ooooonnneee baaaaad MF’r. It would take a generational talent to keep me from building the DL with what appears to be available.

I think our team is in better shape than most of you guys do.
I could see us being a 10 ranked O, with a top rushing attack…and a 20 ranked D.

Borderline playoff team

Love your energy homie. It even comes through on a forum post!

Last year my final mock was…

Trade down

1. Slater
  2. E Moore
  3. N Bolton
  4. P Adebo
  5. St Brown
  6. D Nixon
  7. T Slaton

Our guys were pretty close and in the long run we might be better off with our haul.

Here is my 2022…

TRADE DOWN!!!

1. D Lloyd
  2. J Dotson
  3. B Hall
  4. Travis Jones
  5. Josh Paschal
  6. Nick Cross
  7. J Woods
1 Like

Yes to that, for sure.

I’d love to.
Most of these dudes, I’m not educated enough to know what I want. I’d have to do more research. It would certainly be handy if I were smarter. LOL.

I learn a ton from you guys leading up to the draft and immediately after. Can’t wait for this next one.

Devin Lloyd is the best player not being talked about in this draft.

He had more TFL than Hutch
He had as many sacks as Thibz, more than Walker
He had more tackles than Dean
He had more INTs than Sauce

His RAS score is 9.33! He’s the captain and heart and soul of the team. He ripped Oregon’s heart out twice!

Lloyd scored almost as many points on Oregon himself, as the Ducks scored on Utah in 2 games!

Get our Ray Lewis…

2 Likes

WTH is wrong with you? saying Goff isn’t the answer at ABC !? How the hell do you know…let me add you DON’T ! The man has not had a complete team , are you REALLY basing that off what he had in 2021? I mean what bullshit!
A. WE just began building in the 2021 offseason we walked out of that draft with MAYBE 5 playmakers? St Brown , Sewell , who else !? (then in same old Lions fashion) we had a bunch of injuries , third? we changed play callers mid way through the season , AND our defense was SAD.

This is not me making excuses for Goff, but DAMN let him get a friggen TEAM behind him worth a chit . Be FAIR and let the guy hang himself or prove he has what it takes with ZERO excuses .

2 Likes

Not sure who this is directed toward, but I feel like most ppl who are criticizing Goff are not doing so just off of 2021.

Why did the rams wanna upgrade? Goff was on a fantastic team there. Criticism of him is not baseless.

To me, some guys are making it about wins/losses. Some guys are making it about stats and production. I dont’ care as much about that, as he was in an impossible situation.

Look at the way Goff lost in games vs the way Stafford did. I’m NOT comparing talent, I’m comparing leadership and emotional wiring.

Goff isn’t the leader I want running the team. I want him to be my neighbor so I can meet some of his wife’s friends. I want to do charity stuff with him. I want to chill by his pool with him. I think he’s gonna do MUCH better next year.

Also, I want to upgrade QB for the Lions.

you know he can’t lead The Lions-how? because he played with an unfinished foundation here?

that’s my whole complaint here Goff had a slapped together , kinda, mostly-built, team to just set on a field to play. A beginner-level foundation…NOT a nearly completed / finished team. Hell yes the team struggled , Goff only was viewed as a lesser QB because the mix won three games. A QB that wins three games “isn’t the answer.” that would be SO true IF it was full-build 2023. and not build #1 in A rebuild.

If there’s a misunderstanding at this point, I truly don’t know how I can be more concise. I’ve given you everything I can man.

He CAN! :wink:
Just a matter of where you want them led to…
I think he can lead them to playoffs most years, and even better than the Caldwell years.

I don’t think he’s the SB guy.

If you truly want to understand why I think he’s not the guy →
→ --> I’ve been paying attention to not only what he does, but HOW HE DOES IT → it’s how quick he is to give up physically in confrontational situations.

Goff doesn’t have the type of leadership I’d like to see from a QB

I have several posts that I’ve created from multiple angles. If you can find the one where I ALWAYS thought Matt was a top 6 or so QB…even when he was losing…and now that he’s ranked 4th or better in every statistical category, I STILL think he’s approximately 6th.

…I go on to say how I think Goff is around 15. I thought it when he was winning, I think it now, and will most likely think it if we surround him 2th 21 pro bowlers and end up winning 15 games…Goff is around 15. He can basically do well enough to not lose you games, but is also not the reason you win them.

Goff is not the problem
Goff is not the solution.

Plz keep in mind…these are opinions. :wink:

Let’s be super fair here brother… and I agree ok the wives hot friends and hanging by the pool too- lol

Goff did have Gurley, Watkins, Woods, and the #12 defense in 2017. Woods and Watkins were banged up and Kupp a rookie. His Rams lost in the playoffs to a team that nearly blew out the Patriots in the SB…

In 18’ the engine that was driving the Rams- Gurley broke down about 10 games into the season. They did upgrade Watkins to Cooks, but Kupp missed half the season. So no Kupp nor Gurley for the playoff run, and at 24 he still went 13-3 and had them in the playoffs. The Rams had the #20 overall D.

In 2019 the Rams again had the #17 Defense, and their run game was non existent. The Lions were better at running the ball.

So at age 24-25 Goff was asked to carry a team.

Stafford is surely a better QB, I think we can all admit that now.

However when Kupp and Gurley got hurt in 2018 the team didn’t go get OBJ, Michel and Von Miller to subsidize.

I the Rams would have asked Stafford to do it last year without Michel, OBJ, and Von Miller, do they make the playoffs? Win a game?

I give Les Snead credit for gambling, go all in, and for being right.

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Goff will never be the problem, and the QB doesn’t have to be the solution. Again we are literally talking about being 10 points away from a ring. At age 24?

Everyone is a bit delusional on the QB craze right now.

Really think about 20 years of Brees, Brady, Rodgers, and P Manning…. Pretty crazy that 3 of the top 5-6 QBs of ALL TIME - share 4 rings in 50 years.

You made it clear that “getting there” doesn’t matter- Goff already got there, he just didn’t finish it.

Tom Brady’s dominance distorts everything else.

Nick Foles
Matt Ryan
Trent Dilfer
Kurt Warner- won 1 lost 1
Rich Gannon
Jimmy G
Brad Johnson
Cam Newton
Russ Wilson- won 1 lost 1
Eli Manning- won 2
Big Ben- won 2
J Delhomme
K Collins
D McNabb
Rex Grossman
D Brees
A Rodgers
Mahomes
Flacco

Tom Brady- won 7 lost 3
P Manning- won 2 lost 2

So take Brady and Manning out of it…. The 2 best in the last 30 years easily…

Half of the rest are just guys. Some lost like Delhimme and Gannon, some won like Foles, Dilfer, Johnson.

T-Law and Fields have a chance still, IMO.

Most likely, on most boards. I can buy that.

Agreed

Why? Cuz you say so? I don’t care what your opinion is of my definition of what “elite” is…annnd…I don’t care if you care what my definition of elite is. I’m just going from memory, but I don’t think I’ve used that term anyway.

What I’m saying is “good enough to win a SB”.

Has nothing to do with our situation. Nothing.

Great! Me too. I think we win 10 this year, if not more. In looking at the schedule I EXPECT 10, and see 13 as a ceiling.

How often?
QB is a gamble, no? there is no metric you can look at to determine that QB is not a total crap shoot. It’s hard to get one.

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

4 out of how many? Over a period of how many years? :wink:
Cherry picking 4 guys doesn’t make something “this is the way it is”…it’s more “this is the way it could be…1 out of 50 tries that ppl have done it.”

Yup- approximately – I’m thinking 20 and 31

Enough to get to 10? Maybe? Who is available at 10? Certainly not the top 3 guys to be selected. Can you see how you are drawing it up and ignoring how many variables have to domino the right way for us to get “our guy” at 10 next year? Let us not consider …Injury potential…other teams wanting the same guy that have more draft capital to move…other teams that want the same guy/guys that already have the top draft picks to snag them. You have to bypass a metric ton of stuff to believe …“all we’ve gotta do is trade up to #10 next year and we’re good to go!”

If our GM was saying that, how would most ppl feel? It feels irresponsible, to me.

Right now…reality…we have the options that we have that are not drawn up on hypotheticals. Brad will most likely make the right call. I trust him to make the right call 8/10 times, which is great. This call is just more intense because we’re talking about #2, and barring an injury to QB and a bunch of OL, we’re not gonna get this opportunity again any time soon. This is more intense because we have a very pivotal decision that is massively impactful to the organization’s future.

What point are you trying to make with this?
It feels like you are saying it’s better to draft a QB in 6-12 range than top 5, but I’m not sure.

I’m gonna disagree with it, and my Spidey-Sense is telling me if you are trying to make a different point, I’m gonna disagree with that one too. Not sure.

Fire away, brother. :wink:

I feel like you’re not listening well and taking things out of context, but I could be wrong here. I’m open to the idea that I could be misinterpreting something.

Willis is not Burrow.
Willis is not T-Law
Willis is not Fields

This situation is TOTALLY different. Our human minds want to reach for thing to make sense of how we feel. Comparing Willis to any of the above, or pre-supposing that he will suck because some dudes that most likely would have been drafted before him suck…it does not resonate as truth with me.

In fact, you almost make my point for me (if I’m reading you properly).
Where was Josh Allen selected? Mahommes? Herbert?

So…IF those other guys were in this draft, AND you factor in OTs and Edge players, in the drafts you speak of —> WILLIS WOULD BE #7-10. Congrats, bro! You got your 7-12 QB you have been wanting…ya just got him at #2!

I can see all of this. I also feel that none of it has anything to do with our situation.

To me, the only question is "do you think Goff can win SBs here?
if so, how consistently can he contend? (more contention = more chances)

How much risk are you willing to take (if any), to attempt to upgrade?

We’re all gonna see it differently. I’m not okay with winning 10-11 games. I want SBs. Old Lion standards would be elated to win 10 gmes/year. I think they can and will do much more.

Agree with all of this. Also → Goff was atrocious in the game that they lost by 10 points. Go watch the hi lights. In that particular game, he WAS the problem.

Warner was awesome. Brees, Rodgers, Mahommes are awesome. But I agree w/the other ones as just a bunch of dudes. Thing is, Mahommes, Allen, Rodgers, Brees had multiple opportunities…key word MULTIPLE. Deep playoff runs are more likely than not for KC, Buffalo, Rodgers, Brees (when he was there). More opportunities = more chances.

Goff falls into the “just a dude” category you describe, IMO. If he goes and gets to at NFC Title game? Once or twice? is that success?
If all the cards fall right and he stumbles into a SB and loses, is that success?
If he wins one, and never sniffs another (like Foles), is that success?

What are we looking for here?

I want some Steelers stuff, where there is always a chance, and you never get a bye week against us. A solid team that plays their guts out, wins at the margins, is build from the trenches, likes to run and play D, but still with a tough QB.

I don’t see Goff in that role. I feel Eli level success is highly acceptable, and you may/mya not remember, I wanted that as a best case scenario for Goff.

Could he still do it? sure. I used to think it was 50/50 that he would. Now I’m thinking more 25% chance he does…and I don’t like 25%.

Sorry big Natty but if you’re pinning the Rams lost the SB vs NE because Goff was “atrocious” based on watching highlights, then I would respectfully put forth the proposition you couldn’t be further from the truth

Now if you’d care to watch the complete game (as I have over and over) it’s possible you may change your tune, he hung in there when the OLine was out schemed and dominated…had two TDS in the EZ literally dropped, for 24 year old, I actually felt he was one of the very few who showed up that game considering the circumstances

1 Like