Help me…. Help you

Right, I see what you’re saying. Which is why I’m okay with taking a lottery pick later in the draft. I’d really just like to use our first few picks drafting starting caliber players to build out the roster a bit more. Now, if there was an obvious superstar sitting there, I’d probably be banging the drum to trade up to 1, because it will only cost us more down the road when we’re picking at, say, 12…

If I’m Brad Holmes, I just can’t justify reaching for a guy out of luxury, because this roster (and specifically defense) is far from luxurious. Lol

1 Like

That insecure too often dumped girl can become a woman with genuine nurturing. You of all people should be willing to sit back and see if they can turn Goff into a man.

Really, he’s not a bad guy and showed he can tough out a brutal situation. He’s not as weak-minded as you repeatedly say.

There was a post I made a long time ago about components of weak-mindedness, and areas where Goff is actually tough-minded, as well as areas where he’s weak minded.

Goff doesn’t give up.
Goff will play through injury
Goff will fold up and go fetal when physically challenged.

Stuff like that. Goff is not a bad teammate. He is also not a great leader.
Goff is not the problem.
goff is also not the answer (if the goal is a SB).

Let’s let this play out
You are drawing final conclusions on a guy
Today’s energy can be molded into leadership energy with the right nurturing.

Nurturing talent is what MCDC and his staff are all about. They know what they have with Goff.
It’s not impossible that they nurture him to become the “stud” QB.

Again, you of all people should not place limitations on what Goff is capable of.

I’m not saying it will happen, but I think it’s worth waiting to see what they do with the guy.

He is still young.

1 Like

What he’s saying is that Wilson, Fields, and Lawrence have all shot the bed already.

Let’s all admit with 100% certainty that ANY OF THOSE 3 IS EASILY QB1 IN THIS DRAFT CLASS…

Maybe the Jets might have the draft capital to surround Wilson with a team, but then again they are the Jets??? The Bears just gutted their roster like the Lions did last year. Fields will have less to work with, so I think 4-13 is a real thing. By end of year are Bears fans wanting a reboot?

This elite QB crap needs to stop… Put TB12 here last year and we win 5 games, maybe 6… or Mahomes.

We just watched Russ Wilson win 7 games…. The Broncos gave almost the world. Then the Browns gave more for Watson who won 4 games forever and 22 sexual complaints ago… add Stafford to that mix…. Really good QBs on really bad teams don’t win.

I would love to get back to 11-6 status with a good QB, great OL, great run game, solid D…

It’s not that hard to trade from #19 to #6-12… that’s where Herbert, Allen, Mahomes and Watson were taken….

Hell we could end up with #18 and #28 realistically next year. Those two picks might be enough to get to #10

Burrow is the only top 5 QB really worth a sit since 2012…

We have no choice.

No I’m not. :wink:

IMO, he needs toughness, which isn’t necessarily borne of nurturing.

I’ve alluded to it many times…I DO believe in the growth of all ppl, and the strength of the human spirit…BUT…the human has to buy into it, because nobody else can EVER do it for you…you have to be willing to do it for yourself. Is Goff ready to do that? Does he even know there’s an issue? Would he be willing to address it if he did know?

it’s not all about → Yes, I wanna change, so I change. You have to have FAITH. Goff will have faith in the coach and the system, but does he have it in himself?
Willis does. :wink:

My issue w/Goff is he is not a “man whoop a man” type guy. He surrenders when physical confrontation comes to him. Throwing the ball out of bounds on 4 th down, instead of keeping plays alive, the fumbles are unnecessary. Watch Goff’s sack/fumbles. They aren’t usually batted balls or violent hits. they’re physically surrendering, instead of fighting. Goff can be persistent and mentally acute, but he’s not a fighter in any sense of the word.

He is a thinker.

Also → if Willis is who I think he is, it doesn’t matter who Goff is/isnt. I am 100% on board with having a Brees & Rivers scenario. That’s best case scenario for the Lions.

They’re not mutually exclusive ideas.

You can be confident Goff isn’t the guy while also acknowledging he wasn’t surrounded by a good team.

A good to great QB, which Goff isn’t, lifts a team.

You think Goff takes the Bills, Chiefs, Bengals or Rams as far as those QBs? Good grief, no.

And that’s the point. You want a solid cast and then you want QB1 to lift them over the top. Many of us don’t believe Goff can do that.

3 Likes

YES!!! To all of it. Goff isn’t that guy.

He made a SB within 3 years in the league, J Allen still hasn’t, and he lost to TB12…

Come on man…

Here is a newsflash for everyone…

D Carr just got 40M… Mahomes almost 50M…

Wilson only has 1 year after 22’, and after what Denver gave up, they have to give him the 4 years 165M extension - at least!

Herbert has yet to make playoffs, and they went all in around him this offseason. 3 different 18M plus multi year deals? So after this year his agent will demand his 5 years 250M extension.

So which 2 miss the playoffs at 40-50M per?

I bet the Titans, Colts, Bengals, and Bills make it. What about Raves, Pats, Phins?

Agree to disagree, and I truly respect your opinion.

Goffs SB Rams weren’t as complete a team as Staffords Rams were last year.

They had a top 7 OL, top 15 D, and a sick cast of weapons.

Of the last 10 games including the playoffs… the Rams allowed 2 opponents more than 23 points. So over that stretch they played like a top 5-6 D.

Ahhh—so we have proof@. He’s better than Allen and Brady. :wink:

Come on, man. LOL.
WTH are we even talking about here?
I’m very confused right now. Admittedly, I’m not the smartest guy in here, but as it pertains to the conversation…these just feel like random facts that have nothing to do with what we are talking about.

So random and unrelated. What am I missing?
I don’t think goff is a SB winning QB (moving forward), and you’re showing me Carr’s salary?

I’m also not advocating he’d have made the Bills or Bengals as good as Allen or Burrow.

Neither Allen or Burrow are in this draft class though.

I’m sorry I’m not pretending this is SB or bust.

Stafford didn’t do shit without Kupp, OBJ, Higbee, Woods, Jefferson, OL, run game, Ramsey, Floyd, Miller, and of course AD…. He won a SB with them…

I love Josh’s Allen and Burrow… we can’t have them. Burrow was the easiest #1 pick I can remember. I never saw Allen coming.

For every J Allen there is 3-5 Blaine Gabbert’s and M Mariotas. I’m sorry I’m not ready to scrap this and start over on the 25% chance we go QB and he doesn’t bust.

Of the last 35 QBs taken in round 1….

Mahomes, J Allen, Herbert, and Burrow… that’s it. Murray’s done there after this year. L Jax is regressing like crazy. Stafford and Tannehill had to change teams to find success.

The recency bias of those 4 have fans QB giddy. There is no one like them in this class… nor next class.

Mark my words….

• Flaws in Strouds reading of defenses will surface.

• B Young will measure 5’10” and 185 with an average arm.

• A Richardson is too raw to talk about still.

1 Like

The guy is an NFL quarterback
He’s a competitor
He’s not made of putty
And he’s not an idiot

I maintain you are set in placing limitations on him which doesn’t jive with what you typically put out.

I’m not saying you’re wrong
I am saying having preconceived notions on the limitations of a man is wrong.

The guy is still young and can be molded. I really want to see how he develops over the course of this coming season. We should have a better idea by the end of 2022.

Odds are your view will be correct, but your view is not yet written in stone.

2 Likes

I’m showing you that guys like Carr are valued at 40.5M per year because they aren’t easy to find.

I wish we had J Allen too buddy. No I don’t think Goff is better….

I truly think Mahomes retires with 1-2 rings tops. I think J Allen will get one. I think Russ is done.

I think this year or next will be Herberts best chance. He has the players in D, a WR corps and stud back in place. Once he gets his 50M per the rest will suffer…

1 Like

Yes to all of this. You don’t get to be an NFL QB if you are not special.

I am not comparing him to general society though…I’m comparing him to an even more elite breed…NFL QBs who win SBs.

It’s not what I believe he can do…it’s what HE believes he can do. No amount of faith we have in someone can overcome the amount of faith they have in themselves.

The difference is → It’s NOT that I think he CAN’T DO IT.
…it’s that I think he WONT

See the difference?

I truthfully agree w/most of what you are saying. I’m not etching anything in stone…what I’m saying is that I believe in Willis more than I believe in Goff…as a leader. Does that transfer to QB? Only time will tell.

my favorite player not named Fox

I didn’t really think you thought that…just thought the context of the fact was weird.

I am with you. I think Mahommes is getting “figured out,” but still has so many playmakers around him that I could see them getting another title.

I think Allen is a different animal. I think what Buffalo is doing, it’s simpler (schematically). I think that even if you do figure them out, they’ll kick your ass anyway.
I’m with ya though. Russ is gonna require some luck to get another one, even thoguh I do like his supporting cast.

Odds are he won’t
I get that

I think the coaching staff is doing everything they can to nurture the man to become the stud quarterback persona.

Obviously it will be up to Goff. Sometimes, smart, sensitive people can find it within themselves to rise to the occasion.

Im in no position to place odds on it but Goff has found himself in a very fortunate situation. He will be given the opportunity to grow — but he will have to make the decision to do it.

His girlfriend is gorgeous, but im not sure she can kick his ass to be a competitor. He could use a girlfriend like Sharon Osbiorne. :grinning:

1 Like

We typically see eye to eye. I’m also a very deeply emotional, and psychological being.

Here are my odds for 2022…

1. Buffalo- if they draft B Hall, S Moore, P Mathis- or similar… with Miller they are better than last year!

2. TB-.they simply had too many injuries last year

3. Chargers- K Mack, Jc Jackson, S Day-Joseph added to D? Drafted a linebacker and 2 OL guys

4. Rams- they lost a lot, but still have a lot

5. Colts- M Ryan is still a good QB, he’s played with crap for 2 years. Their D, OL and run game is awesome… draft J Dotson and N Bonitto and go!

6. Raiders- adding C Jones, D Adams, and the chemistry is cool. Jones wanted to play opposite Crosby. Adams wanted to play with Carr… Waller, Renfrow and Jacob’s….

7. Bengals- draft Kyler Gordon, Logan Hall, and J Cook at RB….

8. 49ers- That D, that scheme, and a run first QB should keep them competitive again.

9. Tenn- does Henry stay healthy… I would drsft B Hall if I were them. Keep this thing going.

10. Eagles- they have a shot to land OL and elite WR in 1, and a DT in 2… Hurts is gritty.

There are 3 NFC teams and 1 AFC team left…

I know many want to anoint GB, but the Adams thing was real. Drafting late 1st rookie WR 4-5 in the class to be their WR1? Losing Z Smith?

I think the Vikes win the division.

I think the Lions and Cowboys round out the
NFC, and the Chiefs sneak in at 11-6 in AFC

1 Like

Love it. We all are. We try to come across as simplistic, and talk others into believing the same about us. Humans are my favorite animal by a mile (and I love animals).

Your picks are very interesting. It’s tough to pick 'em once you get outside the opt handful. I think Lions hav a chance. I still think GB and their favorable whistles will be tough to overcome. I believe MN is gonna have some learning curve with a new system, etc.

Gonna be fun to watch it all unfold. I think Lions have a real chance at playoffs this year, and an outside chance at the division.

I feel like of the top teams in football, most of 'em are in the AFC now, which helps our chances.

I think it’ll be rams vs Bills, though I have much more faith in the Bills than I do the Rams. Bills will face massive adversity in running through the AFC gauntlet.

Going to be fun to see who everyone gets this offseason and how it shakes down.

I think Goff is better than Dilfer and Foles.
Plenty of folks around here thought “Pad Statford” sucked, and still choke when they have to admit that he wasn’t the problem.