Hendon Hooker riding the (almost) rookie roller coaster

Good thing the Lions didn’t trade Goff. :wink:

1 Like

“It wasn’t all bad; Hooker quickly chose to tuck and run on one rep and chewed up yards against an unsuspecting safety group on one rep,”

story of this Lions d

2 Likes

Let’s hope this continues into training camp. The secondary needs a Lion QB who will tuck it and run when given the room. This Should make us better going into the season.

9 Likes

Yeah no kidding. Hopefully he can help AG and this defense to learn how to stop mobile QB’s.

2 Likes

I find the propensity of threads that start as having nothing to do with AG and then devolve into questioning AG rather interesting. Trying to remember a prior parallel for this type of posture with an assistant.

5 Likes

Terrel Austin was hero or goat, depending on the day or person.

Good point. Threads have, however, devolved into worse things… :woman_shrugging:t3:
At least no photos that scar the memory are involved . . .

4 Likes

Random things for sure. That’s a bit of a specialty of mine.

But the speed in which this one pivoted from Hendon swimming a bit to “uh oh, AG” was rather impressive.

1 Like

That is the one thing that worries me about this defense. It was pretty clear that our CBs were just getting beat last year. Nothing to do with AGs scheme although he did leave CBs like Vildor and Sutton one on one more often than he should have.

We have been awful at defending mobile QBs though, and now he has the CBs to play even more man coverages which means there backs will be to the WB even more.

That’s honestly my biggest concern on this defense.

1 Like

Cmon don’t listen to @Wenotme

My toes aren’t that bad

2 Likes

lol - Den members exceed expectations that I never knew I had.

4 Likes

How did you know that was the reference? lol
(and they are that bad if they are yours ;))

2 Likes

Dumb and Dumber nail filing on Make a GIF

4 Likes

You do realize you often turn threads into the very thing you’re complaining about right?….

Saying this is not questioning or criticizing AG. No one questioned AG prior to your comments.

AG has stated himself that they need to get better at stopping mobile QB’s. This was one of the biggest concerns from last season…. Would you say that AG is questioning or criticizing himself when he says they need to be better?

Hoping that HH can help AG and his defense to get better against mobile QB’s is not in anyway questioning AG. That’s a huge stretch my friend.

AG is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise.

If I see another tampa-2, wide-9, no blitz, way off-man, bend don’t break, and anything resembling pasquali and patricia again i will…

About AG? Maybe. Can’t recall when and I’m certainly not one of the serial offenders. Though as I admitted before I am fully aware that I likely derail more threads than anyone on here but it’s in more of an entropic non-sequitur sort of way. I blame too many Family Guy episodes. Fortunately we have a cohort of orderly posters that function as guardrails for the chaos wing of the board. It’s internet symbiosis!

Why so sensitive btw? I didn’t call out any posters by name. Didn’t quote anyone. I’ll go ahead and let you handle the “you stuff”, Air.

1 Like

AG will have lots of HC interviews next offseason…watch.

He’s done pretty well with not much talent. We would have been in the SB last year with even average DBs

This year, LBs run freely behind a good DL that gets more pressure AND doesn’t miss all the tackles.
This year, more turnovers as a result of actual NFL caliber CBs.
This year, more creativity as a result of having to overcompensate for flat out holes at CB position.

…as for running QBs…our LBs will have less responsibilities and the running lanes for QBs will be muuuuch smaller.

Running QBs = Dead Meat

YARN | Oh-ho, you tease. You big tease. | Chappelle's Show ...

3 Likes

This will help, but I’m hoping we are able to employe a spy LB/DB when facing gifted running QB’s.
PS: Branch would be my #1 choice!

1 Like

Now AG has what looks like a NFL quality secondary, I think we are going to have an aggressive defense that brings multiple guys in blitz packages. We now might have one of exotic defensive schemes we used to dream about.